Carrying guns in public is protected by the 2nd Amendment....the Supreme Court ruling in New York permit case...

This ruling is pretty broad. Many liberal hellholes have similar standards. If liberals pretend they don't understand the limitations, this Court will remove all doubt quickly.

But it's really not. It doesn't seem to set any new precedent, really. It just applies past precedent to the instance at hand. In fact, while the court points to "may issue" states as being comparable to New York's "proper cause" position, the court seems to reiterate may issue laws are constitutional.

I don't see it. Challenging the ruling too quickly will set liberals back decades. They are all about chipping away. This was not an ambiguous ruling.

JMO, okay? But I think that if and when the day comes that the democrats own the WH, Senate, and the House AND they have more progressive justices than the conservatives do, they won't be chipping away. Filibuster? Gone. Pack the Court? Yup. Add Puerto Rico and/or DC? Yup. Neuter the 2nd Amendment? Absolutely. Legalize abortion everywhere and under any circumstance? Yup. Kill the oil and gas companies? ASAP. This and a bunch of other progressive shit.

This ain't going to happen for some time yet, God willing. But it's coming IMHO.

I don't see it. Challenging the ruling too quickly will set liberals back decades. They are all about chipping away. This was not an ambiguous ruling.
Well I hope you are correct in that the dems will cool their jets for a while.....But they are dems so.....

The court certainly looks like they are are going to take a strict 2A view on any cases they take in the future. :)

Well I hope you are correct in that the dems will cool their jets for a while.....But they are dems so.....

The court certainly looks like they are are going to take a strict 2A view on any cases they take in the future. :)
If liberals play it wrong, they might lose the permit altogether. High risk low reward for a few quick political points now.

SCOTUS overturns New York's conceal carry law, because it deprives people with "ordinary" self defense needs from equal access to enjoying their 2nd amendment rights, thereby violating the 14th amendment.

New York's law made it a crime to possess a gun without a license in one's own home. That is clearly unconstitutional, but this case likely won't have as much precedent value as some might hope (or fear).

In 6-3 ruling, court strikes down New York's concealed-carry law - SCOTUSblog
Sorry. I didn't see your thread. Actually, I started working on mine after the mod moved one to "history," and that may have been before you posted. I'm multitasking. LOL

But I agree. Aside from the opinions themselves, the only real impact should be in a few states that just need to amend their laws for carry permits.

Criminals & Potential criminals will have to consider their Prey May Mag dump them now
Funny how red states with weak gun laws have the highest homicide rates. Just making it easier for criminals to arm.

Until someone with a brain points out those homicides occur in liberal run shitholes.
The states are red and have weak gun laws. Want to talk cities? Blue cities in blue states have much lower homicide rates than blue cities in red states.

The states are red and have weak gun laws. Want to talk cities? Blue cities in blue states have much lower homicide rates than blue cities in red states.
How silly. If you want to play that game, you need to demonstrate that these homicides are in any way related to the actual gun laws. You folks never seem able to do that. You make ridiculous statements but never tie them to the legislation or lack thereof. I'll wait.

Forum List

Back