Car waxing ??

Am I supposed to wax a new car ?
Also should I wax more in Arizona summer ??

Thx
Not according to the owner's manual in our last one, recommending a spray, that was included in the courtesy kit.

I would at least keep it in the shade as much as possible, using a car cover if you don't have a garage or carport. I wax mine at least once a year, but then I have always done that so it's a habit.

Korean and Asian brands used to use tar to seal stuff in their doors, and southern heat would melt the crap and jam locks, window mechanisms, and handles. Don't know if they bothered to change that or not. My cars are all pretty old, over 20 years, or nearly brand new, i.e. my trucks, so I may not be the best source of info. I just sold my 1984 Cutlass Supreme a few months ago that I bought brand new in 1983; could no longer find parts at reasonable prices for it. I kept it outside but under a cover whenever it was parked.

Last edited:
You white Christian guys are the experts on cars and guns 🤔🤔
Run it through your local auto wash once a week. You should be able to avoid having to hand wax for quite a while that way. In your temperature tar coming up off the road is a problem. Use tar remover low on the paint job once a month.

Am I supposed to wax a new car ?
Also should I wax more in Arizona summer ??

Thx
It used to be you wanted to wait a few months before waxing a new car, to allow the paint to cure. I‘m not sure this still applies.

Is your car kept outside all the time? If garaged, you might only need to wax once. Just make sure you use a high quality wax. I use zainostore.com

I wax this once a year, and it is never indoors and sees lots of sun.
0796BDEE-DA38-4E7D-A881-EB6F46DBF453.jpeg

Christian whites good at sports and outdoor camping

Ain’t to good at finances 😳😳

It used to be you wanted to wait a few months before waxing a new car, to allow the paint to cure. I‘m not sure this still applies.

Is your car kept outside all the time? If garaged, you might only need to wax once. Just make sure you use a high quality wax. I use zainostore.com

I wax this once a year, and it is never indoors and sees lots of sun.
View attachment 790159
Yes I can only park outside

I haven’t waxed a car in 20 years
I hardly see car wax advertised anymore

$19.95/ mo per car unlimited car wash plan. They have WAX and Ceramic coating at the newer ones.

Waxing is way too hard by hand.

You white Christian guys are the experts on cars and guns 🤔🤔

Thanks for reminding me, I need to check my oil, wax my guns, and ask Jesus to bless them both.

And yes, I'm white. Although my GG-Granddaddy did get a colored girl knocked up. He paid for her and the baby up north to go to school.

True family history story.

I would at least keep it in the shade as much as possible, using a car cover if you don't have a garage or carport. I wax mine at least once a year, but then I have always done that so it's a habit.

Korean and Asian brands used to use tar to seal stuff in their doors, and southern heat would melt the crap and jam locks, window mechanisms, and handles. Don't know if they bothered to change that or not. My cars are all pretty old, over 20 years, or nearly brand new, i.e. my trucks, so I may not be the best source of info. I just sold my 1984 Cutlass Supreme a few months ago that I bought brand new in 1983; could no longer find parts at reasonable prices for it. I kept it outside but under a cover whenever it was parked.
I read to only use a car cover in storms or if the car will sit for days to avoid scrathches

I read to only use a car cover in storms or if the car will sit for days to avoid scrathches

Depends on the quality of the brand you buy. I used to keep my truck under a car cover for months at a time with not a scratch ever. They make good ones with a soft, fleeced lining underneath that wicks away water and dries it out, but left on long enough, some dirt does tend to build up but from rain or wind, I'm not sure, but it never hurt a thing.

Depends on the quality of the brand you buy. I used to keep my truck under a car cover for months at a time with not a scratch ever. They make good ones with a soft, fleeced lining underneath that wicks away water and dries it out, but left on long enough, some dirt does tend to build up but from rain or wind, I'm not sure, but it never hurt a thing.

WOW you seem to know a lot about everything.

Nevada is a more extreme type of solar environment, plus UV will rot interiors as well. Depends on how long you want the thing to last, really. I buy mine new and drive them til I can't find parts for them any more. I spend a lot on maintenance, cheaper than buying a new one every 3 to 6 years. obama's 'cash for clunkers' scam ruined the used parts market, though, screwing a lot of working class people over and salvage availability. They want the peasants in cell blocks, not able to move around.

Nevada is a more extreme type of solar environment, plus UV will rot interiors as well. Depends on how long you want the thing to last, really. I buy my mine new and drive them til I can't find parts for them any more. I spend a lot on maintenance, cheaper than buying a new one every 3 to 6 years.
I put a sun blocker in my front window

Forum List

Back