..'capitol hunters'..... righteous vigilantes?

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
In my morning newsfeeds I am alert to reportage on the disposition of those arrested at the Capitol 'event' on January 6th. Call it an 'insurrection' if you wish, or a riot, or an invasion, or tourist visit. Whatever. But folks got arrested for doing whatever they did. Over 600 arrested and now their cases are being addressed.

Here are three that have been reported recently. By the way, that last moke, got fingered by amateur sleuths ---capitolhunters ---- who scrolled through the internet for his image. And voila;....they ID'd the moke.

Anyway, here are three that have been in the news:

"A Capitol riot suspect is being 'shunned' by people in her small Indiana town and 'chastised on the street,"

[email protected] 23 hrs ago

In the sentencing memorandum, A. J. Kramer, a federal public defender, said the events of the insurrection had left Bissey with "deep regret, fear, shame, and remorse."

Bissey, who owns a hair salon, has lost a lot of customers since her arrest and is taking antidepressants, Kramer said. "Ms. Bissey has been chastised on the street and her business shunned. She had to move her salon following huge losses from a drop in clientele and because the pandemic made rental space unaffordable," he wrote.

"She lives in fear, knowing that every trip to the grocery store could result in someone angrily hurling insults or threats at her.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitol riot defendant melts down before judge in ‘uniquely and profoundly self-destructive episode’

Capitol rioter Pauline Bauer, who was hauled off to jail screaming last week, appeared before a judge on Friday to seek her release pending trial.

It didn't go well, though, as Bauer continued to insist that she isn't subject to a federal court's authority.

Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner who has previously used rhetoric associated with the "sovereign citizen" movement, began her argument Friday by saying, "I Pauline ... a living soul. ... He gave man dominion over the land," according to WUSA9 investigative reporter Scott MacFarlane.

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden responded by pointing out that Bauer — who claimed during a hearing last week that "I have a right to my self-determination!" — has shown "complete disregard for the court" and "contempt for the rule of law."

Bauer proceeded to interrupt McFadden, claiming she has "diplomatic immunity" and was appearing as "a friend of the court."

"It's pretty clear we are not going to get anywhere," Bauer told the judge, asking to go before an appeals court and never referencing the arguments her court-appointed attorney made on her behalf.

At that point, McFadden shut down the hearing and sent Bauer back to jail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida man admits to throwing fire extinguisher at cops during Capitol riot

October 4, 2021

Florida man admits to throwing fire extinguisher at cops at Capitol riot (nypost.com)

A Florida man on Monday admitted to assaulting police officers with a fire extinguisher during the US Capitol riot, federal prosecutors said.

Robert Scott Palmer pleaded guilty to one count of assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers using a dangerous weapon — and faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine at his sentencing on Dec. 17, according to the Department of Justice.

Palmer, 53, was on the “front lines” of rioters who confronted police officers during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, prosecutors said.

He acknowledged that he threw a wooden plank at cops protecting the building, and then sprayed them with a fire extinguisher before hurling it at them.

…….. tracked down Palmer with the help of an internet sleuth who worked with the Twitter group
@capitolhunters to find Palmer’s identity using online images — including of his signature jacket — and other information.

In the eight months since Jan. 6, more than 600 people from nearly every state have been arrested in connection with the breach at the Capitol. At least 185 of them have been charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement.
--------------------------------------------

(btw, another interesting story on another pair: They did some sh*t against the police so the FBI/DOJ prioritized their hunt for them....but the mokes were fully masked. However, the FBI got security footage from the various hotels in the area....and up pops the devils. Same clothes, same gear, together as they were at the Capitol....but this time without masks. They got ID'd and arrested.)

Some opinionize that the Capitol Hunters are vigilantes. OK, I can believe that some do believe that, but.....but I think a more traction-ful argument is that they are responsible citizens who believe in Blue Lives Matter and are willing to assist the 'Blues' find those who have broken the law....even injured or assaulted a 'Blue'. Good on that.

If you know or suspect someone...a neighbor, colleague, relative.....who participated in the invasion of the Capitol, well, here's a way to help, contact these folks:
https://twitter.com/capitolhunters?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

In my morning newsfeeds I am alert to reportage on the disposition of those arrested at the Capitol 'event' on January 6th. Call it an 'insurrection' if you wish, or a riot, or an invasion, or tourist visit. Whatever. But folks got arrested for doing whatever they did. Over 600 arrested and now their cases are being addressed.

Here are three that have been reported recently. By the way, that last moke, got fingered by amateur sleuths ---capitolhunters ---- who scrolled through the internet for his image. And voila;....they ID'd the moke.

Anyway, here are three that have been in the news:

"A Capitol riot suspect is being 'shunned' by people in her small Indiana town and 'chastised on the street,"

[email protected] 23 hrs ago

In the sentencing memorandum, A. J. Kramer, a federal public defender, said the events of the insurrection had left Bissey with "deep regret, fear, shame, and remorse."

Bissey, who owns a hair salon, has lost a lot of customers since her arrest and is taking antidepressants, Kramer said. "Ms. Bissey has been chastised on the street and her business shunned. She had to move her salon following huge losses from a drop in clientele and because the pandemic made rental space unaffordable," he wrote.

"She lives in fear, knowing that every trip to the grocery store could result in someone angrily hurling insults or threats at her.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitol riot defendant melts down before judge in ‘uniquely and profoundly self-destructive episode’

Capitol rioter Pauline Bauer, who was hauled off to jail screaming last week, appeared before a judge on Friday to seek her release pending trial.

It didn't go well, though, as Bauer continued to insist that she isn't subject to a federal court's authority.

Bauer, a Pennsylvania pizzeria owner who has previously used rhetoric associated with the "sovereign citizen" movement, began her argument Friday by saying, "I Pauline ... a living soul. ... He gave man dominion over the land," according to WUSA9 investigative reporter Scott MacFarlane.

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden responded by pointing out that Bauer — who claimed during a hearing last week that "I have a right to my self-determination!" — has shown "complete disregard for the court" and "contempt for the rule of law."

Bauer proceeded to interrupt McFadden, claiming she has "diplomatic immunity" and was appearing as "a friend of the court."

"It's pretty clear we are not going to get anywhere," Bauer told the judge, asking to go before an appeals court and never referencing the arguments her court-appointed attorney made on her behalf.

At that point, McFadden shut down the hearing and sent Bauer back to jail.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida man admits to throwing fire extinguisher at cops during Capitol riot

October 4, 2021

Florida man admits to throwing fire extinguisher at cops at Capitol riot (nypost.com)

A Florida man on Monday admitted to assaulting police officers with a fire extinguisher during the US Capitol riot, federal prosecutors said.

Robert Scott Palmer pleaded guilty to one count of assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers using a dangerous weapon — and faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine at his sentencing on Dec. 17, according to the Department of Justice.

Palmer, 53, was on the “front lines” of rioters who confronted police officers during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, prosecutors said.

He acknowledged that he threw a wooden plank at cops protecting the building, and then sprayed them with a fire extinguisher before hurling it at them.

…….. tracked down Palmer with the help of an internet sleuth who worked with the Twitter group
@capitolhunters to find Palmer’s identity using online images — including of his signature jacket — and other information.

In the eight months since Jan. 6, more than 600 people from nearly every state have been arrested in connection with the breach at the Capitol. At least 185 of them have been charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement.
--------------------------------------------

(btw, another interesting story on another pair: They did some sh*t against the police so the FBI/DOJ prioritized their hunt for them....but the mokes were fully masked. However, the FBI got security footage from the various hotels in the area....and up pops the devils. Same clothes, same gear, together as they were at the Capitol....but this time without masks. They got ID'd and arrested.)

Some opinionize that the Capitol Hunters are vigilantes. OK, I can believe that some do believe that, but.....but I think a more traction-ful argument is that they are responsible citizens who believe in Blue Lives Matter and are willing to assist the 'Blues' find those who have broken the law....even injured or assaulted a 'Blue'. Good on that.

If you know or suspect someone...a neighbor, colleague, relative.....who participated in the invasion of the Capitol, well, here's a way to help, contact these folks:
https://twitter.com/capitolhunters?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
I don't think they qualify as vigilantes for supplying information to the police. The term implies physical force.

"Is there a reward being given?"

Good question, poster Galt.

Here's my suggestion:
1. Call your local FBI office and inquire.
2. Or, contact the 'Sedition Hunters' or 'Capitol Hunters' via their Twitter or internet contact point.

If you get a response from any of those parties, could you share with the forum?

As egregious as the crimes were I personally think a reward is not inappropriate.

OP must not be able find much in the way of news. 6 January. It is now October.
"Justice delayed is justice denied" used to be saying in America.
The shame of Jan. 6 rests squarely on the current government which has failed to hold it's hired killer accountable and has failed to give the accused their day in court.

"....failed to give the accused their day in court."

Well, the wheels of justice can turn slowly....but they inexorably do turn.
As the good poster '9th' can see in the OP, that's 3 of 'em.

Plus, here's almost a hundred others:

"...92
rioters have pleaded guilty for their role in the Capitol insurrection so far. This table is tracking them all."

Is there a reward being given? How much can I get for ratting out francoHFW and surada?

I'm pretty sure they were there. :04:
There is a FBI webpage dedicated to showing pics of the traitors from Jan 6th and asking for the publics help in identifying them. If you know what they look like, I'd suggest going there. Pics are REAL clear for most of the traitors. Sooner or later they'll ALL be in jail cells.

OP must not be able find much in the way of news. 6 January. It is now October.
"Justice delayed is justice denied" used to be saying in America.
The shame of Jan. 6 rests squarely on the current government which has failed to hold it's hired killer accountable and has failed to give the accused their day in court.
Most are pleading out.

There is a FBI webpage dedicated to showing pics of the traitors from Jan 6th and asking for the publics help in identifying them. If you know what they look like, I'd suggest going there. Pics are REAL clear for most of the traitors. Sooner or later they'll ALL be in jail cells.

Link to the FBI page on the Portland traitors?

Call your local FBI office.
You gotta put a little effort into being a good citizen, poster Angus. Really, try it.
If you wanna know.....do some due diligence.

IMHO

Several orders of magnitude difference between the idiot rioting here in Portland and people trying to destroy our nation by invading our Capital. Really, anyone that entered the Capital that day should get a minimum of 5 years no parole, and then any other charges on top of that to be served consecutively. The idiots here were felonious and many are serving time right now. The Trumpanzees were treasonous, and should not see daylight for decades in a just nation.

Several orders of magnitude difference between the idiot rioting here in Portland and people trying to destroy our nation by invading our Capital. Really, anyone that entered the Capital that day should get a minimum of 5 years no parole, and then any other charges on top of that to be served consecutively. The idiots here were felonious and many are serving time right now. The Trumpanzees were treasonous, and should not see daylight for decades in a just nation.

DESTROY OUR NATION? :laughing0301: :hyper:

Explain how, specifically.

Let's compare January 6th to the Taliban insurrection.

You are asking a dumb trumpanzee to notice a nuance? Good luck with that. It's unfortunate that these prison sentences are so light, although I have seen some minimums of 3 years so far. I think the major cases ie conspiracy, those will take longer to prosecute just by their nature of being more complex.....those we might see 10+ year sentences. Most of the low level charges, the coward traitors are pleading down.

Forum List

Back