Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

Do you get to expense the cost of wages?

Businesses who hire employees or independent contractors like me do get to expense the cost of wages.
I do not pay anyone wages, so I can not.
But good point, I should claim I am paying my wife for cooking/cleaning, and start paying her wages.
Not a bad idea.

No, since I almost always work as an independent contractor, for me salary is identical to business income.
Which is not at all profit.
I have to deal with everything, like health care.
So it is wrong to charge taxes on income when it should only be on profit.

Except for personal exemptions, all individuals normally are taxed on gross income instead of net profit.
Everyone including individuals and businesses, should be taxed in the same way, only on net profits.

No, since I almost always work as an independent contractor, for me salary is identical to business income.

What percentage of your living expenses do you get to write-off?

Most employees don't earn a profit, they earn a wage.

Except for personal exemptions, all individuals normally are taxed on gross income instead of net profit.

Damn, you're funny.

1_84gwuVnrs6wdiu8yL_o5UA-e1555816169646.jpeg

The Labor Theory of Value and Surplus Value

Where is the wealth created by capital in your simplistic cartoon?

What do you mean by "savings"?
If you mean previous profit you already have in the bank from previous years, then of course no.
If you mean profit you made this year that was beyond what you had to pay in costs, then of course yes.
the money left over after paying bills and necessities is called savings,,, and if you still have money left over from previous paychecks thats also a profit and subject to your tax

and your idea also requires a person to list all personal spending which is evil and fascist,,,

All of them because the whole point of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were to buy these holdings, and they were required to buy them by law.
But none of these subprime mortgages were written by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
The mortgages they wrote had the lowest default rates of anyone.

the whole point of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were to buy these holdings, and they were required to buy them by law.

The law required them to buy crappy mortgages?
I thought you said government policies weren't to blame?

But none of these subprime mortgages were written by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

You know that Fannie and Freddie never wrote any mortgages, right?

The mortgages they wrote had the lowest default rates of anyone.

DURR.

Damn, you're funny.
I wouldnt use funny,, more like evil,,,

Damn, you're funny.

I get to write off zero living expenses except the std exemption.
I could try to claim part of the home was an office, but that is one of those red flags known to get you audited.
A wage is what you are paid as gross income, and not net profit.

the money left over after paying bills and necessities is called savings,,, and if you still have money left over from previous paychecks thats also a profit and subject to your tax

and your idea also requires a person to list all personal spending which is evil and fascist,,,

No, money left over after paying bills and necessities could be spend on entertainment, so then would not be savings.
And no, my idea does not require itemizing all personal spending, just spending on bills and necessities.
Plus I also said that a single std exemption would be fine, but just that it is too small now.

No, money left over after paying bills and necessities could be spend on entertainment, so then would not be savings.
And no, my idea does not require itemizing all personal spending, just spending on bills and necessities.
Plus I also said that a single std exemption would be fine, but just that it is too small now.
could be doesnt mean it is,, and spending all you paycheck doesnt allow for savings,,

I'm gonna have to say your idea is not just stupid but evil,,

so you want to tax savings????

What are you talking about?
Savings are currently taxed when you get them as income.
You are also currently taxed on your overhead, like rent, food, transportation, etc., that is in excess of $12.4k.
The point is to make overhead exemption more realistic.

what do you mean by realistic??

easier to just have a small flat rate and be done with the whole tax code,,

By realistic, I mean no one can live on the amount the IRS allows you to exempt from taxes.
The personal exemption needs to be larger, to a realistic amount.

Going flat is ok, but then would be a lot more work because you would have to itemize everything.

What are you talking about?
Savings are currently taxed when you get them as income.
You are also currently taxed on your overhead, like rent, food, transportation, etc., that is in excess of $12.4k.
The point is to make overhead exemption more realistic.
NO YOU ARE NOT TAXED ON SAVINGS YOU STUPID FUCK,,

you already paid taxs on them,,

what taxs do we pay on rent and food transportation ect.???

what overhead exemptions are you talking about and what do you mean by realistic??

I asked you to explain it, not refer me to some piece of communist propaganda.

Now can you explain why it's totally full of shit?

There is a basic unfairness that excess capital is so valuable that you can make a huge profit just loaning it out.
Those who then are forced to pay the loan interest and do all the work, do not get a fair share of the fruits of their labor.

Forum List

Back