Cancun Ted calls for more regulation of the Texas energy industry

Let's see what right wing anti-regulation folks in this board say about this.
My best bet is that they are going to claim that they always wanted regulation for these companies anyway, but they were too busy to write it anywhere in the internets.

Things not so good in Texas. Repubs should be very worried.

GOP should be worried in general. The country has gone full leftist. This is getting way more coverage than Cuomo and the NYC death cover up...Leftist media is biased.

It certainly is. I've been assuming Cuomo will still be resigning in the near future. It's not my state so I haven't followed it completely.

GOP needs better people and policy people can say works. Right now they have a bunch of senators that many have been proven dishonest over and over like Graham and Cruz.

Dems will likely mess up and in 2 years lose the house or Senate. I just wish repubs would get it together cause I really think their policy has proven to not work and we desperately need a real conservative party. They have too much crony in their conservative now.

I give Cuomo the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. This is still America. I agree with you. I like Dan Crenshaw and John James for example. Ex Military and very smart people who actually want to improve the country.

We need real patriots who understand we do good things when we come together. The partisan nut jobs on both sides tend to mess everything up. For instance Obamacare probably could have been pretty good if it was bipartisan.

I 100% agree. Obamacare would have been better if it were better thought out. Same with the Iran deal. Same with our deficit. Same with dealing with COVID-19. The country is so divided now that prudent people cannot get anything done.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

Why would you not get a locked-in contract for electricity? Doing a day-to-day rate based on "Current energy exchange rates" is insane XD
Your avatar is disturbing. What do you know about exchange rates? Be specific.
the company Griddy, that is what this topic is about. They charge non-locked in rates.
And? Variable rates may at times be advantageous too. Provide specifics on why locking in would be better since this event was highly unusual. Your avatar remains deeply disturbing.

My best bet is that they are going to claim that they always wanted regulation for these companies anyway, but they were too busy to write it anywhere in the internets.

GOP should be worried in general. The country has gone full leftist. This is getting way more coverage than Cuomo and the NYC death cover up...Leftist media is biased.

It certainly is. I've been assuming Cuomo will still be resigning in the near future. It's not my state so I haven't followed it completely.

GOP needs better people and policy people can say works. Right now they have a bunch of senators that many have been proven dishonest over and over like Graham and Cruz.

Dems will likely mess up and in 2 years lose the house or Senate. I just wish repubs would get it together cause I really think their policy has proven to not work and we desperately need a real conservative party. They have too much crony in their conservative now.

I give Cuomo the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. This is still America. I agree with you. I like Dan Crenshaw and John James for example. Ex Military and very smart people who actually want to improve the country.

We need real patriots who understand we do good things when we come together. The partisan nut jobs on both sides tend to mess everything up. For instance Obamacare probably could have been pretty good if it was bipartisan.

I 100% agree. Obamacare would have been better if it were better thought out. Same with the Iran deal. Same with our deficit. Same with dealing with COVID-19. The country is so divided now that prudent people cannot get anything done.

I think much of it is all this gerrymandering crap. The districts are so messed up now you need to be some sort of extreme nut to win. AOC took out some longtime moderate to get where she is. In normal districts I don't think that would happen.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

Why would you not get a locked-in contract for electricity? Doing a day-to-day rate based on "Current energy exchange rates" is insane XD
the company Griddy, that is what this topic is about. They charge non-locked in rates.
And? Variable rates may at times be advantageous too. Provide specifics on why locking in would be better since this event was highly unusual. Your avatar remains deeply disturbing.
And nothing? I came into the topic and was laughing at those crazy-high bills from Griddy and then you asked me a question and I answered it.

I think much of it is all this gerrymandering crap. The districts are so messed up now you need to be some sort of extreme nut to win. AOC took out some longtime moderate to get where she is. In normal districts I don't think that would happen.

Same with Omar. Yep, we have some interesting characters in Congress from both sides.

Shades of the 2008 Meltdown, in which an arrogant refusal to regulate derivatives, ratings agencies and MBS's damn near killed us.

The right wing nutters blame that on the Democrats, of course, since that's all they're told.

I sense a trend.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

And nothing? I came into the topic and was laughing at those crazy-high bills from Griddy and then you asked me a question and I answered it.
They are high due to unusual weather. You didn't answer anything. It would be like asking me why I don't have flood insurance if I don't live in a flood zone but an unusual event occurred and my house got flooded. You agree or disagree that the event was highly unusual.

Same with Omar. Yep, we have some interesting characters in Congress from both sides.

I guess it wasn't in their power, but I still wish the supreme court would have cleaned up the gerrymandering. We need to fix that and make it much less easy to buy politicians before things start to really improve I think.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

They are high due to unusual weather. You didn't answer anything. It would be like asking me why I don't have flood insurance if I don't live in a flood zone but an unusual event occurred and my house got flooded. You agree or disagree that the event was highly unusual.
okay...I'm going to go over here now *walks off*

I guess it wasn't in their power, but I still wish the supreme court would have cleaned up the gerrymandering. We need to fix that and make it much less easy to buy politicians before things start to really improve I think.

I would make lobbying illegal like it is in Europe. In reality Corporate America owns this country as they own the politicians.

LMAO $6000 holy fuck.

okay...I'm going to go over here now *walks off*
I accept your surrender. Yours and your disturbing avatar. It costs money to lock in rates. Sometimes variable is perfectly fine.

I would make lobbying illegal like it is in Europe. In reality Corporate America owns this country as they own the politicians.

And when a lobby owns the government it's only good for a minority...those lobbying.

And when a lobby owns the government it's only good for a minority...those lobbying.

Of course. Which is why Biden won't be able to do much as Corporate America will only give up so much control.

Of course energy should be regulated, and of course we should have plans in place to bail people out when anomalous events occur. It's a matter of national security, even.

Put an extra blanket on your bed. Wear a coat, hat and gloves. Go sit in your car with the heater on. For crying out loud. How did you survive for this long without your mommy. Go to some of the northern states and check out the unfortunate homeless who live every winter in conditions much worse than TX. Whining stinking democrats.

Were you doing any of that? No? Then shut your fucking mouth.

Of course. Which is why Biden won't be able to do much as Corporate America will only give up so much control.

It gives some hope that Biden won by trying to be more center. I don't know if his policy will be or not, but it gives hope that he won.

Forum List

Back