Zone1 Can you be member of the "White Race" if you have literally a brown skin

I would say no.
What the hell is with your desire to be white anyway?
All thats going to lead to is constant disappointment.
Learn to live in your own skin.

I dont have a desire to be white, i asked before if some of my relatives or some gypsies can look similar to blacks or latino etc. that doesnt mean i have a desire to be white, black or latino. I just ask.

What is race? The Census Bureau defines race as a person’s self-identification with one or more social groups. An individual can report as White, Black or African American, Asian, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, or some other race.

ChatGPT told me Roma are suppossed to check "some other race". So I would check that if asked on the census or in other documents, like in hospital, or at job etc. if I were in the USA, which Im not though. But I have a interest in how americans do things.

ChatGPT
In the United States, Roma Gypsy individuals, like all individuals, are encouraged to self-identify according to their race and ethnicity as they deem appropriate on official documents such as the U.S. Census and other American documents. The U.S. Census, which is conducted every 10 years, includes questions about race and ethnicity to collect data on the racial and ethnic makeup of the U.S. population, which helps inform policy decisions and allocate resources. However, it's important to note that the U.S. Census allows individuals to self-identify their race and ethnicity based on their own perceptions and understanding of their background.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, for the race question on the U.S. Census, individuals are asked to select one or more races from a list of options, including categories such as White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and Some Other Race. There is also an option to write in a specific race or origin if it is not listed. Individuals can choose to select "Some Other Race" and provide a specific response if they feel that the listed options do not accurately reflect their racial identity, including Roma Gypsy or any other appropriate term they identify with.

It's important to note that self-identification is voluntary and individuals have the right to choose how they identify their race and ethnicity based on their own understanding and self-perception. The U.S. Census and other American documents are intended to gather demographic data and do not dictate or determine an individual's racial or ethnic identity. It's recommended that individuals self-identify in a way that aligns with their personal understanding and cultural background.

As per the U.S. Census Bureau guidelines, Roma individuals, like all individuals, have the option to select "Some Other Race" on the U.S. Census or other American documents if they feel that the listed race categories do not accurately reflect their racial identity. Roma individuals may choose to do so if they identify as Roma and do not feel that any of the pre-listed race categories, such as White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, accurately represent their racial identity.

It's important to note that race and ethnicity are complex social constructs that can encompass a wide range of identities and experiences. Roma individuals, who are part of the Romani ethnic group, may have unique cultural and historical experiences that may not neatly fit into existing race categories on official documents. Therefore, choosing "Some Other Race" and providing a specific response, such as Roma, can be a way for Roma individuals to assert their cultural identity and accurately represent their racial background.

It's also worth mentioning that self-identification is voluntary, and individuals have the right to choose how they identify their race and ethnicity based on their own understanding and self-perception. The U.S. Census and other American documents aim to collect data on race and ethnicity for statistical and policy purposes, and the choice to select "Some Other Race" or another category is intended to provide individuals with the flexibility to self-identify in a way that aligns with their personal and cultural identity.

I dont have a desire to be white, i asked before if some of my relatives or some gypsies can look similar to blacks or latino etc. that doesnt mean i have a desire to be white, black or latino. I just ask.

If so why do you constantly bring it up?
I'm white with Dutch ancestry and I know it,so I see no reason to ask others about it.
It is what it is.

I'm white with Dutch ancestry and I know it,so I see no reason to ask others about it.
It is what it is.
It is what it is.

Because Dutch is clear, and there is no unique experience and it is clear where it belongs.

ChatGPT said

It's important to note that race and ethnicity are complex social constructs that can encompass a wide range of identities and experiences. Roma individuals, who are part of the Romani ethnic group, may have unique cultural and historical experiences that may not neatly fit into existing race categories on official documents. Therefore, choosing "Some Other Race" and providing a specific response, such as Roma, can be a way for Roma individuals to assert their cultural identity and accurately represent their racial background.

Because Dutch is clear, and there is no unique experience and it is clear where it belongs.

ChatGPT said

I'd stay away from AI if I were you for the same reason you should stay away from ancestry.com and those like it.

ChatGPT told me Roma are supposed to check "some other race". So I would check that if asked on the census or in other documents, like in hospital, or at job etc. if I were in the USA, which Im not though. But I have a interest in how americans do things.
I don't really understand as to what your problem is or what you are trying to get at.

I am a German and race is not a topic in Germany, unless you might hit into some racist or wannabe Nazi. As for Germany according to your photo, people will ask you as to where you come from, because most likely they will assume Middle-East, Eastern-Europe or South America. So if you tell them that you are e.g. a Rumanian national and happen to be a Roma (Roma ethnicity) okay things would be clear. Those not familiar with Roma or Sinti will conclude that you are simply an Eastern-European.
There is no such thing in today's Germany as classifying a person in a government related document as White - only in reference to Europeans living/born in Africa, E.g. the Whites in South Africa do not have an easy life, or in literature dating from the Nazi-period and before e.g. Colonial times.

We do not refer to today's Americans in official documents or literature as White or Black, etc. but as an American of European, Hispanic, African, Asian or Red-Indian heritage. In the common usage of German language we will refer to or forward; a White American or e.g. a Black American or a Latino American. So if you would tell people in Germany that you are an American - then some might ask for your heritage or simply take you for a Latino.

In the USA AFAIK - the broadest race spectrum is that of Caucasian. So again if the US Police would put out a description of your person - they might rather be looking or describing a Hispanic person then a Caucasian. In Germany the police would describe you as an Eastern European or Middle-East person - certainly not as an African.

I don't really understand as to what your problem is or what you are trying to get at.

I am a German and race is not a topic in Germany, unless you might hit into some racist or wannabe Nazi. As for Germany according to your photo, people will ask you as to where you come from, because most likely they will assume Middle-East, Eastern-Europe or South America. So if you tell them that you are e.g. a Rumanian national and happen to be a Roma (Roma ethnicity) okay things would be clear. Those not familiar with Roma or Sinti will conclude that you are simply an Eastern-European.
There is no such thing in today's Germany as classifying a person in a government related document as White - only in reference to Europeans living/born in Africa, E.g. the Whites in South Africa do not have an easy life, or in literature dating from the Nazi-period and before e.g. Colonial times.

We do not refer to today's Americans in official documents or literature as White or Black, etc. but as an American of European, Hispanic, African, Asian or Red-Indian heritage. In the common usage of German language we will refer to or forward; a White American or e.g. a Black American or a Latino American. So if you would tell people in Germany that you are an American - then some might ask for your heritage or simply take you for a Latino.

In the USA AFAIK - the broadest race spectrum is that of Caucasian. So again if the US Police would put out a description of your person - they might rather be looking or describing a Hispanic person then a Caucasian. In Germany the police would describe you as an Eastern European or Middle-East person - certainly not as an African.
I do not have a problem I just ask how things are labled. You gave a answer how it is in Germany and the US so that is good enough for me you gave an answer

Mort...you and your family look more like mexicans/south Americans than anything else.
We know that DNA shows Morti and Alvin the NY Chipmunk are closely related .
First ever badlly obese chipmunks, possily Mexican but more likely from Vanuatu?

c.c Morti @hospital.com

No….not really me.…it was a joke, but you do know that Scarlett IS Jewish, don’t you?
Mother, Jewish. Father, danish. No idea is she's a religious Jew or
Besides, ethnicity and race aren't the same. Both her parents are white

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

That is probably the case, but it is very "ignorant" a eastern european, a middle eastern person and a "hispanic" are three very different things. A Eastern European - if not a Roma looks typically white not less then a german. Only Roma have darker complexion etc. maybe in Germany a Eastern European equals a Roma? A hispanic can be of any race, white black native american or mixed, hispanic is not even a race or latino, actually the term latino is european, latin latino means a roman person, or someone from southern europe like italy, spain, portugal, france etc. Similar as "Spanish" in America or NY means a puerto rican but a Puerto Rican is someone with more or less African DNA, but some could be fully or nearly fully spanish, some could be more SSA like 40% it varies, hispanic is therefore not a race, and in Germany Eastern European and Middle East seems to be not Caucasian but in the US both Eastern European if not Roma and Middle East is Caucasian. So different in the US then in Germany.

Example a Indian Guy Abhinav visits a Roma settlement in Romania and his driver is a Romanian/Eastern European, and then look at him and look at the Roma later. Do you see the differencen and is the Eastern European not White or less White then a German? I mean the real Eastern European not the Romas. Do you know that in Eastern European, there is the word European, do you think they are suppossed to look like saudis are pakistanis? Roma have origins in the Indian subcontinent and they conserved alot of Indian DNA, that is why they have dark complexion, dark hair and exotic features etc. They are not fully Europeans, not Eastern Europeans. So the German classification is just as dumb as the American "hispanic" classification when "hispanic" is actually from europe, or latin originally.

That is probably the case, but it is very "ignorant" a eastern european, a middle eastern person and a "hispanic" are three very different things. A Eastern European - if not a Roma looks typically white not less then a german. Only Roma have darker complexion etc. maybe in Germany a Eastern European equals a Roma? A hispanic can be of any race, white black native american or mixed, hispanic is not even a race or latino, actually the term latino is european, latin latino means a roman person, or someone from southern europe like italy, spain, portugal, france etc. Similar as "Spanish" in America or NY means a puerto rican but a Puerto Rican is someone with more or less African DNA, but some could be fully or nearly fully spanish, some could be more SSA like 40% it varies, hispanic is therefore not a race, and in Germany Eastern European and Middle East seems to be not Caucasian but in the US both Eastern European if not Roma and Middle East is Caucasian. So different in the US then in Germany.

Example a Indian Guy Abhinav visits a Roma settlement in Romania and his driver is a Romanian/Eastern European, and then look at him and look at the Roma later. Do you see the differencen and is the Eastern European not White or less White then a German? I mean the real Eastern European not the Romas. Do you know that in Eastern European, there is the word European, do you think they are suppossed to look like saudis are pakistanis? Roma have origins in the Indian subcontinent and they conserved alot of Indian DNA, that is why they have dark complexion, dark hair and exotic features etc. They are not fully Europeans, not Eastern Europeans. So the German classification is just as dumb as the American "hispanic" classification when "hispanic" is actually from europe, or latin originally.

All three of em can pass as mexican.

you mean in the thumbnail? The guy with long hair is asian indian, the two girls are roma, the indian visits the roma because they are of indian origins. His driver is a eastern european, but he is not in the thumbnail you have to watch the video. Not only the thumbnail.

So you're saying the guy driving is a gypsy?

Forum List

Back