Can we talk about the connection between Obama and the unemployment rate?

Reagan had higher interest rates to deal with. He was handed an economy that had a lousy trajectory and did not have the benefit of the sudden drop that Obama had.

I can recall interest rates as high as 18%. If Obama had that, we'd be dead.

The real tell is that workforce participation in 1983 was growing. For Obama it is the reverse.

Obama had to fight for re-election. Reagan hardly had to run an ad. He won 49 states.

The economy that Obama inherited was NOTHING like the economy Reagan inherited.

Why are you even bringing Reagan up anyway?

You are right. It was better.

And Reagan had to let it continue to squeeze down for a year before he got it turned around.

He did a much better job.

Clinton was the major benefactor of that economy.

But we are in a recovery. It is slow and I dont think Obama's policies have anything to do with how slow it is besides that the stimulus package should have been bigger.

Imagine how many more would be unemployed had Obama not continued the wars he promised to end. The dead in His wars don't come home to look for work. He probably had that figured out while he was campaigning but lied and said he'd make the whole world love us and bring all the troops home to attend his second set of campaign spectaculars.

You do realize that Obama ended the Iraq war right?

Bush did, look it up numb nuts.

The issue with this fanboi thread is that the UE rates the OP is using does not count those not working but that have been UE for too long. These people are in a way counted as employed when the Government stops counting them as UE.

The way UE is used as of today, we could reach .1 % UE and still have a real 20% of people in the country 18-65 not working.

SO to use the numbers as the OP has is either a lie or just ignorance, pick one.

The issue with this fanboi thread is that the UE rates the OP is using does not count those not working but that have been UE for too long. These people are in a way counted as employed when the Government stops counting them as UE.

The way UE is used as of today, we could reach .1 % UE and still have a real 20% of people in the country 18-65 not working.

SO to use the numbers as the OP has is either a lie or just ignorance, pick one.

Lol you have no idea what you are talking about and you know it.

The economy that Obama inherited was NOTHING like the economy Reagan inherited.

Why are you even bringing Reagan up anyway?

And Reagan had to let it continue to squeeze down for a year before he got it turned around.

But we are in a recovery. It is slow and I dont think Obama's policies have anything to do with how slow it is besides that the stimulus package should have been bigger.

Technically, they call this a recovery. In reality, it is awful. What you think or don't think does not matter. He gets the credit, deserved or not.

A bigger stimulus would only have us further in debt. The keynsian load isn't what people claim it to be. It was and is uncertainty that hurts us.

Small business is not doing so well.

Obama?s Regulations Killing Businesses?and Jobs « FactReal

Obama Killing Off Small Business: Self-Employment at Historic Low | Restoring Liberty

And small business job creation is important. It isn't even up to 2008 levels.

Cantor says small businesses create 70 percent of U.S. jobs | PolitiFact Virginia

Less people are employed today than in 2008, 5 years later of "recovery" and we are still losing jobs faster than we gain them.

Attachments

• $labor.jpg
    $labor.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 33

Technically, they call this a recovery. In reality, it is awful. What you think or don't think does not matter. He gets the credit, deserved or not.

A bigger stimulus would only have us further in debt. The keynsian load isn't what people claim it to be. It was and is uncertainty that hurts us.

Small business is not doing so well.

Obama?s Regulations Killing Businesses?and Jobs « FactReal

Obama Killing Off Small Business: Self-Employment at Historic Low | Restoring Liberty

And small business job creation is important. It isn't even up to 2008 levels.

Cantor says small businesses create 70 percent of U.S. jobs | PolitiFact Virginia

Random Googling. Typical tactic on this forum.

Your first link makes no direct connection between Obama's regulations and SIGNIFICANT ovarall economic impact. All it does is talk about the regulations themselves.

Your second link is a blatant conservative bias against Obama.

I find it hilarious you posted the third one. Most cons on this board say politifact has a liberal bias.

Largely because the stimulus was too small. I already explained this.

No. That's a non sequitur. You said the stimulus created millions of jobs. But if it created millions of jobs then the UE rate would be much lower than it is. Job creation was running 100-150k for most months post recession. That isn't millions.
And the stimulus was the most it was contemplated to be.

The UE extension was always meant to be temporary. I never said we were creating millions of jobs a month. I mean that's not even close to realistic anyway.

I didnt say millions of jobs per month (although Reagan managed that). But if the stimulus created millions of jobs then UE would be lower. Instead we were creating a few thousand jobs a month. That isn't millions and that's why UE is so high.

It's strange how people like billy seem to chose to remain ignorant. But I guess he just loves having the NPP President that just so happens to bomb people's weddings...

No. That's a non sequitur. You said the stimulus created millions of jobs. But if it created millions of jobs then the UE rate would be much lower than it is. Job creation was running 100-150k for most months post recession. That isn't millions.
And the stimulus was the most it was contemplated to be.

The UE extension was always meant to be temporary. I never said we were creating millions of jobs a month. I mean that's not even close to realistic anyway.

I didnt say millions of jobs per month (although Reagan managed that). But if the stimulus created millions of jobs then UE would be lower. Instead we were creating a few thousand jobs a month. That isn't millions and that's why UE is so high.

Um, no the EU is temporary. Therefore people run out of it at some point. That means people still look for a job while being on it.

You are just making things up in your head. Just because something sounds like it makes sense, it doesn't mean it is actually true.

Um, no the EU is temporary. Therefore people run out of it at some point. That means people still look for a job while being on it.

You are just making things up in your head. Just because something sounds like it makes sense, it doesn't mean it is actually true.

You bet.

Like Keynsian bullshyt.

You bet.

Like Keynsian bullshyt.

Your willful ignorance is doing you a disservice.

99 weeks temporary? Like I said before as one of the crew that hires folks someone better be in jail for 6 months then unemployed for almost two years. (And I am not the only one who feels the same way) if you have a two year gap in your unemployment record... you are just one thing a lazy parasite..

Are you deliberately acting stupid or is this natural with you?
What is EU? Unemployment insurance isnt the topic here, Einstein. If the stimulus created or saved millions of jobs we would not have had 9+% unemployment. It's pretty simple.
For someone who talks about facts you appear never to have seen one.

Are you deliberately acting stupid or is this natural with you?
What is EU? Unemployment insurance isnt the topic here, Einstein. If the stimulus created or saved millions of jobs we would not have had 9+% unemployment. It's pretty simple.
For someone who talks about facts you appear never to have seen one.

You have a poor understanding of mathematics as well. Just becaus the stimulus saved and created millions of jobs, it doesn't mean it created enough to offset the millions we've lost

Did you count the number of people who have dropped out of the workforce and stopped looking for work? Of the jobs created how many are full time and part time what type of jobs are being created? What type of jobs being created is as important if not more important than the number created.

The point of this thread is demonstrate that we should be lucky we are in a recovery. It's slow, but we should thank are lucky stars we are in one. Obama deserves most of the credit for it whether you cons like it or not. Had his stimulus package been bigger, we would have even more. I am also trying to convince you that main reason why the unemployment rate is still so high is because we lost several millions of jobs in the first place.

The point is you had no answer to my questions I think we all know why if we actually counted those who have dropped out of the workforce the unemployment rate would near or possibly above 10% and if the jobs being created are part time or low skill low pay jobs the Obama recovery looks even weaker than it already does.

An unemployment rate above 10% is the desire of the Right, so much so they just make up bullshit to make it so. There are less than one million discouraged workers who have dropped out. The BLS keeps track of them and also calculates the UE rate with them included, the U-4 rate, which is 7.5%.

Less people are employed today than in 2008, 5 years later of "recovery" and we are still losing jobs faster than we gain them.

Bullshit!

There were 142,153,000 employed when Bush left office and 144,386,000 employed now.

The point of this thread is demonstrate that we should be lucky we are in a recovery. It's slow, but we should thank are lucky stars we are in one. Obama deserves most of the credit for it whether you cons like it or not. Had his stimulus package been bigger, we would have even more. I am also trying to convince you that main reason why the unemployment rate is still so high is because we lost several millions of jobs in the first place.

The point is you had no answer to my questions I think we all know why if we actually counted those who have dropped out of the workforce the unemployment rate would near or possibly above 10% and if the jobs being created are part time or low skill low pay jobs the Obama recovery looks even weaker than it already does.

An unemployment rate above 10% is the desire of the Right, so much so they just make up bullshit to make it so. There are less than one million discouraged workers who have dropped out. The BLS keeps track of them and also calculates the UE rate with them included, the U-4 rate, which is 7.5%.

Actually the far left wants most of the population unemployed so they can control them like they control you.

Actually the far left wants most of the population unemployed so they can control them like they control you.

Since when is your MessiahRushie far Left??? :cuckoo:

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

March 27, 2013
RUSH: We're talking about schadenfreude. You know what schadenfreude is. That is loving, that is enjoying the discomfort of others

Forum List

Back