Can we put missiles on all first responder vehicles?

woodwork201

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2021
I live near the local ambulance company and one of the main roads they use to cross town. I have surveillance cameras that look both ways on the main road. Technically they're on the side of the house for the windows but they show the road quite well.

I can't count how many times I see, on my cameras or if I'm driving around town, people who race to get in front of an oncoming emergency vehicle - fire, ambulance, or police - or they try to get to their turn before pulling over so they don't have to pull over, or they simply don't pull over. Or how many times real idiots simply stop in the inside lanes, actually blocking the first responders.

I wish we could put missiles on all emergency vehicles. If you don't get out of the way you get blown out of the way... Or, if we can't do that can we at least put cameras on them and you automatically get a $500 ticket if your car doesn't pull over - no excuses about other drivers unless the other driver fesses up and no excuses about hearing sirens or seeing lights... Block an emergency vehicle and you pay a big fine.

I wish we could put missiles on all emergency vehicles.

I think a cow-catcher would be better.

6fd8c427daa791ea45cdd3f74f0da78a--chevy-trucks-old-trucks.jpg

I live near the local ambulance company and one of the main roads they use to cross town. I have surveillance cameras that look both ways on the main road. Technically they're on the side of the house for the windows but they show the road quite well.

I can't count how many times I see, on my cameras or if I'm driving around town, people who race to get in front of an oncoming emergency vehicle - fire, ambulance, or police - or they try to get to their turn before pulling over so they don't have to pull over, or they simply don't pull over. Or how many times real idiots simply stop in the inside lanes, actually blocking the first responders.

I wish we could put missiles on all emergency vehicles. If you don't get out of the way you get blown out of the way... Or, if we can't do that can we at least put cameras on them and you automatically get a $500 ticket if your car doesn't pull over - no excuses about other drivers unless the other driver fesses up and no excuses about hearing sirens or seeing lights... Block an emergency vehicle and you pay a big fine.
Why does it matter anymore? The unvaccinated already clogged up the hospitals & ambulances so it takes 8 hours to unload patients into the ER. They should shut down their lights & sirens & keep pace with traffic, because they will still be waiting all day.

Better to call around to find a hospital not overflowing & book an uber to take you there.

Last edited:

I second this. Everyone else on the road has no idea who these emergency service people are on their way to help.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

In my experience people seem to go to extremes to get out of the way of emergency vehicles to the point of endangering themselves by inappropriate breaking and swerving.

I second this. Everyone else on the road has no idea who these emergency service people are on their way to help.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
I have had people jump out of their vehicles, run across the road and try to jump on my car because I disrespected their dead grandmother when I didn't stop for a funeral procession on the other side of a divided highway. Of course that their grandmother is dead because their idiot buddy blocked the ambulance on the way to save her never crossed their mind.

Forum List

Back