Can We Know Or Trust Anything These Days?

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Newsweek Magazine published the following in a science article:

"The international team led by Chen found evidence that cooling white dwarfs in the massive collection of stars belonging to globular cluster Messier 13 (M13), in the Canes Venatici constellation, still burn hydrogen in their outer layers. This helps them stay hot and hold back the rate of aging. To reach their conclusion, Chen and her team investigated two globular clusters: Messier 3 (M3), located around 34 thousand light-years from Earth, and the more distant M13, found around 73 light-years away."

Problem is that:

A). M13 is in HERCULES, not Canes Venatici, which are about a third of the sky apart, not even next door! M13 is even referred to as The Hercules Cluster!

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 3.18.54 PM.jpg

B). M13 is 22,000 light years away, not 73, if it were that close, WE WOULD BE INSIDE IT.

C). And in either regard, 73 or 22,000 light years is CLOSER than 34,000 light years, not farther!

The editor of Newsweek must have graduated from Baltimore University.

Who knows how many other things they got wrong as they don't link us to the parent article. Obviously, Newsweek doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, which makes me wonder, if they can get so much wrong, what else are we told that is wrong as well? Who knows the real truth of Afghanistan, etc., unless you know someone who just happened to actually BE THERE.

Clearly, we can no longer trust ANY news source we read verbatim and everything these days has to be taken with a grain of salt and cross-verified.

That's a nice way of saying that on the best of days, our news media blows chunks, and then there is our woke big tech censoring of the news and the government lying about everything, which means you can't trust a thing you read anymore.

Oh and the gist of the article is that this new discovery suggests that aging estimates of these clusters could be up to a billion years off from what they previously thought, which is a nice way of saying that you can't even trust science for shit either.

Nope, we can't believe shit they say about anything.

Colin norris MAJOR FK up by you--you are now known to be discredited and a dumbass
.....please cite the MANY times I cite Fox news!!! you CAN'T
you fkd up----you should THINK before you post

Newsweek Magazine published the following in a science article:

"The international team led by Chen found evidence that cooling white dwarfs in the massive collection of stars belonging to globular cluster Messier 13 (M13), in the Canes Venatici constellation, still burn hydrogen in their outer layers. This helps them stay hot and hold back the rate of aging. To reach their conclusion, Chen and her team investigated two globular clusters: Messier 3 (M3), located around 34 thousand light-years from Earth, and the more distant M13, found around 73 light-years away."

Problem is that:

A). M13 is in HERCULES, not Canes Venatici, which are about a third of the sky apart, not even next door! M13 is even referred to as The Hercules Cluster!

View attachment 535805

B). M13 is 22,000 light years away, not 73, if it were that close, WE WOULD BE INSIDE IT.

C). And in either regard, 73 or 22,000 light years is CLOSER than 34,000 light years, not farther!

The editor of Newsweek must have graduated from Baltimore University.

Who knows how many other things they got wrong as they don't link us to the parent article. Obviously, Newsweek doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, which makes me wonder, if they can get so much wrong, what else are we told that is wrong as well? Who knows the real truth of Afghanistan, etc., unless you know someone who just happened to actually BE THERE.

Clearly, we can no longer trust ANY news source we read verbatim and everything these days has to be taken with a grain of salt and cross-verified.

That's a nice way of saying that on the best of days, our news media blows chunks, and then there is our woke big tech censoring of the news and the government lying about everything, which means you can't trust a thing you read anymore.

Oh and the gist of the article is that this new discovery suggests that aging estimates of these clusters could be up to a billion years off from what they previously thought, which is a nice way of saying that you can't even trust science for shit either.
A typo. The diameter rounds to 73 lightyears. They'll no doubt update the article eventually, if it's getting enough traffic to be worth the bother. I would bet any amount of money that my explanation is the correct one, instead of whatever nonsense your stupid ass is pretending to be outraged about.

A typo. The diameter rounds to 73 lightyears. They'll no doubt update the article eventually, if it's getting enough traffic to be worth the bother. I would bet any amount of money that my explanation is the correct one, instead of whatever nonsense your stupid ass is pretending to be outraged about.
..proof postive you are a dumbass and a jackass ......there's no need to be a jackass, but you can't help it
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
..the sun is there

The diameter rounds to 73 lightyears.
Sorry, no. The diameter of M13 is about 145 light years.

They'll no doubt update the article eventually, if it's getting enough traffic to be worth the bother.
Yeah, otherwise, why bother get facts right the first time in a SCIENCE article! :smoke: If these idiots are that sloppy with science, can you imagine the crap they willingly print in politics?

I would bet any amount of money that my explanation is the correct one, instead of whatever nonsense your stupid ass is pretending to be outraged about.
Bet me 50 million dollars.

Sorry, no. The diameter of M13 is about 145 light years.

Yeah, otherwise, why bother get facts right the first time in a SCIENCE article! :smoke: If these idiots are that sloppy with science, can you imagine the crap they willingly print in politics?

Bet me 50 million dollars.
Sorry I meant the RADIUS. Jesus fucking Christ, man. There are actual problems in the world to be concerned about.

Colin norris MAJOR FK up by you--you are now known to be discredited and a dumbass
.....please cite the MANY times I cite Fox news!!! you CAN'T
you fkd up----you should THINK before you post

All you have is foul language and hate. You're as ignorant as a row of cats watching tv.

Forum List

Back