Can We Call The US Govt-Run Public School System A Huge FAILURE Now?

Perhaps you never heard of the Federal Dept. Of Education.

Doesn't work the way you think it does.

That Dept. didn't exist before the later 70's.
Before then, schools were truly local!

No longer worked the way you imagine it does!

I know exactly how it works.

Yeah, sure, I'll take your word......NOT!
How long have you worked as a teacher?

My brother-in-law was a Federal Mediator for school strikes for years.
That's great. Now answer my question.

Teachers are good lil' union robots.

Teachers are good lil' union robots.
That's stupid. Now answer my question.

"San Diego teachers have been instructing migrant girls housed at the San Diego Convention Center in-person. A spokeswoman for the San Diego Unified School District said the teachers gave up their vacation time to volunteer at the convention center. Saying “our teachers have volunteered to help, we are not paying them in any way because caring for children is central to who they are as human beings.”

No but we can call this thread one, hell of a Fauxrage though.

"Migrants!"
Vacation time? Aren't teachers supposed to be working in march?

Take it up with the SDUSD.

It's nothing but a taxpayer scam so losers and deadbeats can bend taxpayers over for substandard services.

That's what Republicans keep telling you but then Republicans are the ones who have a vested interest in keeping the public stupid and incapable of thinking for themselves. Republicans HATE it when voters can think for themselves, because then they stop voting for policies that give money to rich people, and screw over the working and middle class, and stop reciting the right wing talk points like you just did.

Canada had a Conservative government for 10 years. The gap between rich and poor widened at the fastest rate in history, wages for working Canadians stagnated, but the growth was GREAT. Sound familiar?

We elected a Liberal government, and we now have the fastest growing middle class in the world, and we've been the best country in the world to live in three years running. My personal income would have gone down by $2000 per year if we had elected a Conservative government last time.

Provincially Doug Ford cancelled legislated increases to the minimum wage but he gave us "Buck a Beer", because that's what working people want. Cheap watery beer, that you wouldn't serve to guests you were trying to get rid of, much less want to drink yourself.

The Dept. of Education does not run the public schools

But they are kind of like the spider saying "Come into my parlor little S.D.!"

"I have this Sweet Federal Money for you and all you need to do is follow a few Rules"

(A quick note about the rules: The pencil necked geeks at the federal bureaucracy formerly known as 'The Deep State' will change the rules every year just to keep you on your toes.)

'PUTTING OUR KIDS AT RISK'

Teacher raises alarm over plans for in-person instruction of migrant children

'America LAST....AGAIN.....'

God you whine about the dumbest shit lol
you should know billy......

The US Gov't does not "run" the public school system. They're run locally. Perhaps you've heard of something called a School Board and the PTA?
The standards and curriculum are set by government standards and the teacher's unions.
Both are liberal/communist programs.

The US Gov't does not "run" the public school system. They're run locally. Perhaps you've heard of something called a School Board and the PTA?

The Dept. of Education does not run the public schools. They distribute tax dollars, and make grants and loans available, but the schools are run locally.

Conservatives keep harping about the gov't, but you guys are clearly ignorant of how the gov't actually works. That translates to what is commonly known as an uninformed opinion. It reminds me of that famous quote from over ten years ago when some citizen yelled, "Keep the government's hand off my Medicare."

You guys keep embarrassing yourselves, and you don't even realize it.
And the federal government doesn't run Walmart...but I still have to wear a fucking mask whenever I go in there.

Yes. If you are a regular American ,find a way to get PRIVATE School. Better education and no savages.

"I have this Sweet Federal Money for you and all you need to do is follow a few Rules"

(A quick note about the rules: The pencil necked geeks at the federal bureaucracy formerly known as 'The Deep State' will change the rules every year just to keep you on your toes.)

I understand that federal dollars often have conditions attached to them. However, I submit that makes far more sense than handing out money with no conditions on how the money is spent. Do so would ultimately lead to both waste and abuse if and when the money was spent in ways that had little to do with education. For example, imagine the public outrage if school districts decided to spend the money on new office furniture and new cars for the school administration staff, and the federal gov't had to admit that there was nothing they could do about it because no conditions were placed on the spending of the money.

I understand that federal dollars often have conditions attached to them. However, I submit that makes far more sense than handing out money with no conditions on how the money is spent. Do so would ultimately lead to both waste and abuse if and when the money was spent in ways that had little to do with education. For example, imagine the public outrage if school districts decided to spend the money on new office furniture and new cars for the school administration staff, and the federal gov't had to admit that there was nothing they could do about it because no conditions were placed on the spending of the money.
Already happening. Teachers and their UNIONS are still getting paid for NOT working.

Yep, also heard about the School Unions, ya know the ones that run the US Government.

I haven't heard of a "School Union." I've heard of the Teachers Union. However, the Teachers Union doesn't run the schools either. A union does what unions have traditionally done; they collectively bargain for the teachers in contract negotiations with the school districts.
And keeps bad teachers on the job.

Really? How are they responsible for teaching illegals in California?

Yep, also heard about the School Unions, ya know the ones that run the US Government.

I haven't heard of a "School Union." I've heard of the Teachers Union. However, the Teachers Union doesn't run the schools either. A union does what unions have traditionally done; they collectively bargain for the teachers in contract negotiations with the school districts.
And keeps bad teachers on the job.

Maybe in New York, Chicago, LA or any other DEM city.

The standards and curriculum are set by government standards and the teacher's unions.

You just cannot resist the impulse to lie! Are you, Hillary Clinton?

Already happening. Teachers and their UNIONS are still getting paid for NOT working.
Only in a few places.

You just cannot resist the impulse to lie! Are you, Hillary Clinton?
What part is a lie?
The part about them being communists or liberal?
Clearly they aren't liberal.....more fascist than anything.

It's nothing but a taxpayer scam so losers and deadbeats can bend taxpayers over for substandard services.

That's what Republicans keep telling you but then Republicans are the ones who have a vested interest in keeping the public stupid and incapable of thinking for themselves. Republicans HATE it when voters can think for themselves, because then they stop voting for policies that give money to rich people, and screw over the working and middle class, and stop reciting the right wing talk points like you just did.

Canada had a Conservative government for 10 years. The gap between rich and poor widened at the fastest rate in history, wages for working Canadians stagnated, but the growth was GREAT. Sound familiar?

We elected a Liberal government, and we now have the fastest growing middle class in the world, and we've been the best country in the world to live in three years running. My personal income would have gone down by $2000 per year if we had elected a Conservative government last time.

Provincially Doug Ford cancelled legislated increases to the minimum wage but he gave us "Buck a Beer", because that's what working people want. Cheap watery beer, that you wouldn't serve to guests you were trying to get rid of, much less want to drink yourself.

Nobody reads your liberal manifesto posts. :itsok:

Forum List

Back