Can We Call The US Govt-Run Public School System A Huge FAILURE Now?

Properly fund it and support it for a decade, then, if it still sucks you can call it a failure. Unfortunately, the right wing has been undermining public education for decades now.

I take it that you are ignorant of the fact that our worst schools are among those with the most money per student?

Money is not the solution. Democrat policies are the problem.

Ah...the right wing "philosophy". So just. So strident. So noble in the quest to make public education better. If only it were.
Guess you didn't take the time to read the article. Well, not much I can say. This really isn't a "Democrat" problem.
It's a scapegoat problem. The right wing...has been rooting those goats out for years. While ignoring educators cries for reform.
Easier for them to put their efforts into calling for "charter schools" and "school vouchers", and "school choice"....and the circle begins again.

The educator's won!
They took God out of school and replaced Him with Big Gov't and Marxism.

Well, I believe that God only made it into schools in the Eisenhower administration. Not that I think that God gives a hoot about what goes on down here on this ball of mud...but hey, we can speculate. :)
I don't remember learning about Big Government in school. I do remember a HUGE kerfuffle in my town following the Republican (Just and Righteous) Revolution of 1994. A "Moment of Silence" was extremely
important to the Bible thumpers in my town because everyone was concerned about standing for the Pledge...you know, instead of mundane things like, school supplies, funding for arts and sciences, and making
sure we had enough competent teachers hired for the exploding influx of young families we had at the time. :)

'PUTTING OUR KIDS AT RISK'

Teacher raises alarm over plans for in-person instruction of migrant children

'America LAST....AGAIN.....'

The US Gov't does not "run" the public school system. They're run locally. Perhaps you've heard of something called a School Board and the PTA?

Yep, also heard about the School Unions, ya know the ones that run the US Government.

"San Diego teachers have been instructing migrant girls housed at the San Diego Convention Center in-person. A spokeswoman for the San Diego Unified School District said the teachers gave up their vacation time to volunteer at the convention center. Saying “our teachers have volunteered to help, we are not paying them in any way because caring for children is central to who they are as human beings.”

No but we can call this thread one, hell of a Fauxrage though.

"Migrants!"
Vacation time? Aren't teachers supposed to be working in march?

The US Gov't does not "run" the public school system. They're run locally. Perhaps you've heard of something called a School Board and the PTA?

Perhaps you never heard of the Federal Dept. Of Education.

The Dept. of Education does not run the public schools. They distribute tax dollars, and make grants and loans available, but the schools are run locally.

Conservatives keep harping about the gov't, but you guys are clearly ignorant of how the gov't actually works. That translates to what is commonly known as an uninformed opinion. It reminds me of that famous quote from over ten years ago when some citizen yelled, "Keep the government's hand off my Medicare."

You guys keep embarrassing yourselves, and you don't even realize it.

Last edited:

Yep, also heard about the School Unions, ya know the ones that run the US Government.

I haven't heard of a "School Union." I've heard of the Teachers Union. However, the Teachers Union doesn't run the schools either. A union does what unions have traditionally done; they collectively bargain for the teachers in contract negotiations with the school districts.

I haven't heard of a "School Union." I've heard of the Teachers Union. However, the Teachers Union doesn't run the schools either. A union does what unions have traditionally done; they collectively bargain for the teachers in contract negotiations with the school districts.

Yep, that's all they do is collectively bargain for the teachers....get your head out of your ass.

The Dept. of Education does not run the public schools. They distribute tax dollars, and make grants and loans available, but the schools are run locally.

Conservatives keep harping about the gov't, but you guys are clearly ignorant of how the gov't actually works. That translates to what is commonly known as an uninformed opinion. It reminds me of that famous quote from over many years ago when some citizen yelled, "Keep the government's hand off my Medicare."

Mhm.... that's why leftists harped about DeVos for four years

Conservatives keep harping about the gov't, but you guys are clearly ignorant of how the gov't actually works. That translates to what is commonly known as an uninformed opinion. It reminds me of that famous quote from over ten years ago when some citizen yelled, "Keep the government's hand off my Medicare."

Who do you think mediates school strikes over a variety of issues, not just money?

FEDERAL MEDIATORS, dotard.

Yep, that's all they do is collectively bargain for the teachers....get your head out of your ass.

Like any union, they'll represent a member/teacher during many, if not most, disciplinary disputes to make sure their contractual rights are respected and protected.

Conservatives keep harping about the gov't, but you guys are clearly ignorant of how the gov't actually works. That translates to what is commonly known as an uninformed opinion. It reminds me of that famous quote from over many years ago when some citizen yelled, "Keep the government's hand off my Medicare."

Bingo!!!

Like any union, they'll represent a member/teacher during many, if not most, disciplinary disputes to make sure their contractual rights are respected and protected.

Now you're talkin' out yer' ass.....good job.

God you whine about the dumbest shit lol

The first complaint about DeVos was that she had no educational background or practical experience in teaching, running schools, or a school system, or the administration of schools. Secondly, like most of Trump's picks to run the Agencies and Cabinet level posts (like the EPA, for example), DeVos had worked for years to undermine the public school system by expanding charter schools and the voucher system for private schools which, in essence, would take tax dollars out of the public school system thereby leaving them to wither on the vine instead of trying to fix problems which often requires ADDITIONAL resources, not less.

Last edited:

Doesn't work the way you think it does.

That Dept. didn't exist before the later 70's.
Before then, schools were truly local!

No longer worked the way you imagine it does!

I know exactly how it works.

Yeah, sure, I'll take your word......NOT!
How long have you worked as a teacher?

The first complaint about DeVos was that she had no educational background or practical experience in teaching, running schools, or a school system, of the administration of schools. Secondly, like most of Trump's picks to run the Agencies and Cabinet level posts (like the EPA, for example), DeVos had worked for years to undermine the public school system by expanding charter schools and the voucher system for private schools which, in essence, would take tax dollars out of the public school system thereby leaving them to wither on the vine instead of trying to fix problems which often requires ADDITIONAL resources, not less.

Save it. You dopes whined for four years

Doesn't work the way you think it does.

That Dept. didn't exist before the later 70's.
Before then, schools were truly local!

No longer worked the way you imagine it does!

I know exactly how it works.

Yeah, sure, I'll take your word......NOT!
How long have you worked as a teacher?

My brother-in-law was a Federal Mediator for school strikes for years.

Forum List

Back