Can we agree that the North started the war?

LMAO!!!!! So you're saying if my car is in my driveway, and someone comes and opens it and sits in it, I only "take posession" of it by an armed approach and capture of it?
If you carjack me, I'm certainly not coming after you unarmed to take back possession of my car. I guarantee that I'm going to be armed, as usual.

You're an idiot. Like most low IQ hard learners, you simply cannot admit it when you are wrong.

That's what causes your type of learning disability in the first place.

Last edited:
The historic camouflage for the origin of the Civil War is in the hysterical media account of the assassination of the president. If he hadn't been beatified by the the media at the time, there might have been substantive examination of Lincolns mental attitude in the couple of months before the war started. Lincoln had personal and family problems that might have interfered with his decision making abilities. After he was elected he should have immediately tried to reach a compromise with radical southern congressmen. He did nothing. Lincoln had advisers who were criminally inept and Lincoln was convinced that a war wouldn't last longer than a summer. Stupid Lincoln supporters actually rode out to Manassas (Bull Run) to watch the fun when Southern troops met the Union. Needless to say they were disappointed. A hundred and fifty years of propaganda by Lincoln minions convinced Americans that "Lincoln saved the Union" when in fact the Union fractured under his watch.

I just sat through this entire thread. 90% of it appears to be one person insisting against all reason and evidence that only he was right.

If we can take anything, it is that the majority of reasonable people here can agree that the North did not start the Civil War.

Listen, I know many like to troll in today's society/politics and completely demonize the south as nothing but a bunch of immoral slave holders while siding with a supposed moral and superior north.

Meanwhile, modern leftists often make this difference while asserting that the northerners like Lincoln, who owned slaves, are the epitome of evil in all of mankind... but, enough of discrediting moronic leftists (which isn't to be confused with a classic American liberal, who is viewed as extremely Conservative by today's standards)....

But, let's get to history...

A few things that are ignored or evaded by commonists who just except baseline, vague, textbook American history on the Civil war include...
1. Both northerners and southerners owned slaves at the time of the war, and most southerners didn't own slaves.
2. Both north and south prominent leaders questioned the morality of slavery
3. Slavery as far as the value of a human wasnt the central issue of the war, economics and federal vs. states rights was.
4. The North wanted to bully many non-slavery-related issues onto the south and created a northern/southern block politically
5. Lincoln owned slaves, acted against Congress criminally, and even attacked his own populace in Maryland.
6. Lincoln sent armed forces to stockade a Confederate (aka foreign) owned base.
7. It was not "illegal" to succeed from the union until states actually succeeded from the union, so those who succeeded broke no rules.
Nope...South Carolina fired on a federal installation that was doing nothing to them. Reap what you sow, South.

I addressed that. You stated a bland, vague, talking point, but do you know anything about what actually happened?

South Carolina succeeded from what was then the US. They were foreign territory. Lincoln advanced his army to fortify a foreign territory with military arms at Fort Sumpter.

If your next door neighbor, who you disowned after a squabble, came onto your property and began rebuilding something on it, you'd respond. That's all that happened.

Lincoln and the North acted like snowflake victims and claimed they were just innocent passer-byers stockpiling a fort with munitions, rifles, etc.

Lincoln wanted the war, he provoked the war, and he committed an act of war, then blamed the south for retaliating.
South Carolina never succeeded.............................in anything.

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, Lincoln loaded multiple ships into Fort Sumpter with.. food. And just food. LMAO.

I'm glad you're not in the intelligence field.

Since Fort Sumpter was on Carolina land, Lincoln was under obligation to abandon Sumpter. He didn't.

When Carolina succeeded, there was no law in the books that said they couldn't. The law was made AFTER they succeeded, thus, null and void to anyone who isn't relying on BS history.

Tell me, if you got busted by going 45 MPH on a street with a ticket, and you said "I saw a 45 mph sign 1 mile ago", but the cop said "sorry, the speed limit was changed to 35 mph just now, you're F'd"... is that fair?

Nope
"I'm glad you're not in the intelligence field"...............well, that's an Ironic post. :heehee:

"succeeded"................ :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:

Things that have been "well known" are constantly proven wrong these days...

like COVID numbers, Hunter Biden laptops, unarmed death rates of blacks at the hands of cops, etc.

All have been easily exposed by numbers as fake narratives by the Democrats/leftist MSM/big tech.
What a surprise....another delusional member of the putin/trump cult.

If you carjack me, I'm certainly not coming after you unarmed to take back possession of my car. I guarantee that I'm going to be armed, as usual.

You're an idiot. Like most low IQ hard learners, you simply cannot admit it when you are wrong.

That's what causes your type of learning disability in the first place.
So you just insult people instead of debate them. Well done Sherlock.

I just sat through this entire thread. 90% of it appears to be one person insisting against all reason and evidence that only he was right.

If we can take anything, it is that the majority of reasonable people here can agree that the North did not start the Civil War.
what points did those who say the South started it give? Or did they all just pile on and use propaganda-filled flirtations...

Can you give reasons?

Nope...South Carolina fired on a federal installation that was doing nothing to them. Reap what you sow, South.
Again, want to know a crazy fact about the Civil War?

You weren't in it.

This odd machoism you're posturing is very odd.

Listen, I know many like to troll in today's society/politics and completely demonize the south as nothing but a bunch of immoral slave holders while siding with a supposed moral and superior north.

Meanwhile, modern leftists often make this difference while asserting that the northerners like Lincoln, who owned slaves, are the epitome of evil in all of mankind... but, enough of discrediting moronic leftists (which isn't to be confused with a classic American liberal, who is viewed as extremely Conservative by today's standards)....

But, let's get to history...

A few things that are ignored or evaded by commonists who just except baseline, vague, textbook American history on the Civil war include...
1. Both northerners and southerners owned slaves at the time of the war, and most southerners didn't own slaves.
2. Both north and south prominent leaders questioned the morality of slavery
3. Slavery as far as the value of a human wasnt the central issue of the war, economics and federal vs. states rights was.
4. The North wanted to bully many non-slavery-related issues onto the south and created a northern/southern block politically
5. Lincoln owned slaves, acted against Congress criminally, and even attacked his own populace in Maryland.
6. Lincoln sent armed forces to stockade a Confederate (aka foreign) owned base.
7. It was not "illegal" to succeed from the union until states actually succeeded from the union, so those who succeeded broke no rules.
Uh.....nope

States rights to not be tyranically dictated to by a central gov't, tariffs of goods in general.
Not very specific was that? What specific tariffs and goods are you talking about? If they were important enough to start a civil war, you shouldn't have any problem identifying exactly what they were.

Forum List

Back