Can we agree that the North started the war?

Wait a sec. You said "from your own link".. and then linked a site I didn't link.. LMAO

I linked Wikipedia.

You linked 1865 February 17th

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Dude, you can't be this stupid!!!! How do you reply to someone's link with the wrong link??

I posted the QUOTE from your Wikipedia Link.

You didn't look in the link I supplied which was supporting the February 1865 time frame..... obviously since this is what I was referring to:

South Carolina. The blockade runner Chicora, under Master John Rains, was the last blockade-runner to enter Charleston and it left harbour prior to the evacuation of the city during the night.

South Carolina. Forces under Confederate Lieutenant-General William Joseph Hardee began to evacuate Charleston. The Confederates at Charleston had successfully endured 567 days of repeated attacks by land and sea. During the night, Fort Moultrie, Fort Sumter, Fort Johnson, Fort Beauregard, and Castle Pinckney were abandoned, and the Confederate garrisons marched northward towards Cheraw, and then to join the army gathering in North Carolina. The ironclads CSS Palmetto State, CSS Chicora, and CSS Charleston and the large, new ironclad CSS Columbia were at risk of capture. CSS Columbia were ran aground near Fort Moultrie after leaving the dock, and had to be abandoned. It was eventually salvaged by the Union navy. Captain John Randolph Tucker scuttled and destroyed the CSS Palmetto State, CSS Chicora, and CSS Charleston by fire and explosives prior to the withdrawal. Tucker took their crews by train to join the naval detachment defending Wilmington. Tucker’s detachment eventually reached Whiteville, about 50 miles west of Wilmington, where he learned that Union troops had cut the rail line between the two cities, and that the evacuation of Wilmington was imminent. After unsuccessfully trying to obtain rail transportation, Tucker’s men began a 125 mile march to Fayetteville.

Columbia, South Carolina. Union Major-General Thomas Joseph Wood’s division (1/XV) from Major-General William Tecumseh Sherman’s forces occupied the state capital of Columbia. Mayor T J Goodwyn surrendered the city. The Confederate rear-guards had left during the morning, encumbered by thousands of refugees. Sherman arrived in person at noon to view the hotbed of secession. One of Wood’s Union brigades was assigned to hold the city while a second marched through to encamp beyond it. Following the custom of the march across South Carolina, the garrison brigade spread out across the city to wreck all military installations. Looting broke out and liquor stores were opened and drained. Union Major-General Oliver Otis Howard asserted discipline and brought back the second brigade to take control over the liquor. It was too late and some of the new arrivals joined in the mayhem. In the chaos, 370 men were arrested, two were shot and killed, and 30 more were wounded.

Fires broke out both accidentally and deliberately in a dozen places, spreading rapidly in the windy weather to the tinder-dry bales of cotton. Another Union division was called in to fight the fires and to suppress the arsonists. The mansions of prominent Southerners and historic places of the secession movement were burned, suggesting a deliberate policy of vengeful destruction. The Union commanders did all in their power to restrict the spread of the fire, but by sunrise more than two-thirds of the city blocks were destroyed by an immense conflagration, which was fanned by high winds during the night. The Palmetto Armoury, which had produced small arms and artillery ammunition for the Confederacy, was partially destroyed, along with the business districts and many important buildings. Sherman suggested in his official report that Confederate cavalry under Lieutenant-General Wade Hampton had set fire to huge stores of cotton bales that had accumulated before they fled and this contributed to the blaze. Sherman never expressed regret for the destruction although he insisted that he had neither ordered nor wished for it to happen. He conceded later that he blamed Hampton primarily to undermine the reputation of his opponent.

=====

Your stupidity is quickly becoming legend.

I don't have to make a point to respond to you. You did it for me.
There's nothing in the op we didn't know. What's your point dichead?
I made 7 of them, you addressed none of them, and you're attempting to puff your chest online LMAO. Your brain appears to have the capacity of my nutsack.... check that, I'm sure my nuts have far more capability than your brain.

insults? who did I insult? besides people who call Lincoln the "epimtome of evil", as I stated.

Are you offended that I would call those who label Lincoln as the "epitome of evil" as moronic?

Oh, you want to have a discussion about your insults do you? Perhaps you should go try reading what you wrote....

I made 7 of them, you addressed none of them, and you're attempting to puff your chest online LMAO. Your brain appears to have the capacity of my nutsack.... check that

, I'm sure my nuts have far more capability than your brain.
If you say so but I've never been a scholar regarding that. I'll take it your far more qualified than me.

I posted the QUOTE from your Wikipedia Link.

You didn't look in the link I supplied which was supporting the February 1865 time frame..... obviously since this is what I was referring to:

South Carolina. The blockade runner Chicora, under Master John Rains, was the last blockade-runner to enter Charleston and it left harbour prior to the evacuation of the city during the night.

South Carolina. Forces under Confederate Lieutenant-General William Joseph Hardee began to evacuate Charleston. The Confederates at Charleston had successfully endured 567 days of repeated attacks by land and sea. During the night, Fort Moultrie, Fort Sumter, Fort Johnson, Fort Beauregard, and Castle Pinckney were abandoned, and the Confederate garrisons marched northward towards Cheraw, and then to join the army gathering in North Carolina. The ironclads CSS Palmetto State, CSS Chicora, and CSS Charleston and the large, new ironclad CSS Columbia were at risk of capture. CSS Columbia were ran aground near Fort Moultrie after leaving the dock, and had to be abandoned. It was eventually salvaged by the Union navy. Captain John Randolph Tucker scuttled and destroyed the CSS Palmetto State, CSS Chicora, and CSS Charleston by fire and explosives prior to the withdrawal. Tucker took their crews by train to join the naval detachment defending Wilmington. Tucker’s detachment eventually reached Whiteville, about 50 miles west of Wilmington, where he learned that Union troops had cut the rail line between the two cities, and that the evacuation of Wilmington was imminent. After unsuccessfully trying to obtain rail transportation, Tucker’s men began a 125 mile march to Fayetteville.

Columbia, South Carolina. Union Major-General Thomas Joseph Wood’s division (1/XV) from Major-General William Tecumseh Sherman’s forces occupied the state capital of Columbia. Mayor T J Goodwyn surrendered the city. The Confederate rear-guards had left during the morning, encumbered by thousands of refugees. Sherman arrived in person at noon to view the hotbed of secession. One of Wood’s Union brigades was assigned to hold the city while a second marched through to encamp beyond it. Following the custom of the march across South Carolina, the garrison brigade spread out across the city to wreck all military installations. Looting broke out and liquor stores were opened and drained. Union Major-General Oliver Otis Howard asserted discipline and brought back the second brigade to take control over the liquor. It was too late and some of the new arrivals joined in the mayhem. In the chaos, 370 men were arrested, two were shot and killed, and 30 more were wounded.

Fires broke out both accidentally and deliberately in a dozen places, spreading rapidly in the windy weather to the tinder-dry bales of cotton. Another Union division was called in to fight the fires and to suppress the arsonists. The mansions of prominent Southerners and historic places of the secession movement were burned, suggesting a deliberate policy of vengeful destruction. The Union commanders did all in their power to restrict the spread of the fire, but by sunrise more than two-thirds of the city blocks were destroyed by an immense conflagration, which was fanned by high winds during the night. The Palmetto Armoury, which had produced small arms and artillery ammunition for the Confederacy, was partially destroyed, along with the business districts and many important buildings. Sherman suggested in his official report that Confederate cavalry under Lieutenant-General Wade Hampton had set fire to huge stores of cotton bales that had accumulated before they fled and this contributed to the blaze. Sherman never expressed regret for the destruction although he insisted that he had neither ordered nor wished for it to happen. He conceded later that he blamed Hampton primarily to undermine the reputation of his opponent.

=====

Your stupidity is quickly becoming legend.
You provided a link I didn't refer to.

And then you provided another link that wasn't mine from minecreek: Lincoln attempts to send supplies - Abraham Lincoln

It appears your strategy is to disagree with the person you don't agree with, address their source, and then flood them with sources that they didn't use and claim they used them and somehow you're proving them wrong.

LMAO!!!

Oh, you want to have a discussion about your insults do you? Perhaps you should go try reading what you wrote....
By all means, point out your claim. I'm noticing that many on here like to make claims and then not back them up at all.

Who did I insult besides what I said. And do you think that it's bad to insult people who think Lincoln is the "epitome of evil"????

Answer the question, either own your hatred of America or scower off.

If you say so but I've never been a scholar regarding that. I'll take it your far more qualified than me.
How about you just address a single point.. one of the 7.. i made with a counterargument that you might have and go from there. This isn't difficult.

Listen, I know many like to troll in today's society/politics and completely demonize the south as nothing but a bunch of immoral slave holders while siding with a supposed moral and superior north.

Meanwhile, modern leftists often make this difference while asserting that the northerners like Lincoln, who owned slaves, are the epitome of evil in all of mankind... but, enough of discrediting moronic leftists (which isn't to be confused with a classic American liberal, who is viewed as extremely Conservative by today's standards)....

But, let's get to history...

A few things that are ignored or evaded by commonists who just except baseline, vague, textbook American history on the Civil war include...
1. Both northerners and southerners owned slaves at the time of the war, and most southerners didn't own slaves.
2. Both north and south prominent leaders questioned the morality of slavery
3. Slavery as far as the value of a human wasnt the central issue of the war, economics and federal vs. states rights was.
4. The North wanted to bully many non-slavery-related issues onto the south and created a northern/southern block politically
5. Lincoln owned slaves, acted against Congress criminally, and even attacked his own populace in Maryland.
6. Lincoln sent armed forces to stockade a Confederate (aka foreign) owned base.
7. It was not "illegal" to succeed from the union until states actually succeeded from the union, so those who succeeded broke no rules.
Jesus.

And I'm not even American.

You made a claim, back it up.

Or, are we allowed to say whatever we want without having to prove it.

I say you're a pedophile. Prove I'm wrong!

Once gain you show your abject ignorance since it was well known for over 125 years that the South had most of the slaves:

World Atlas

Which U.S. States Had The Most Slaves At The Start Of The Civil War?​

Excerpt:

Distribution Of Slaves​

Slave owners were heavily concentrated in the South as their economic activity, namely the agricultural production of cash crops like tobacco and cotton, was sustained and made profitable through the use of slave labor. There were five states with over 400,000 slaves just before the beginning of the Civil War. Virginia with 490,867 slaves took the lead and was followed by Georgia (462,198), Mississippi (436,631), Alabama (435,080), and South Carolina (402,406).

Slavery was just as important to the economy in other states as well. Several relied on the free labor of over 100,000 slaves. Those states include: Louisiana (331,726), North Carolina (331,059), Tennessee (275,719), Kentucky (225,483), Texas (182,566), Missouri (114,931), and Arkansas (111,115). This does not conclude the states with slaves. There were six others, some were not considered southern states and would not go on to form the Confederate States. The remaining states with slaves were: Maryland (87,189), Florida (61,745), Delaware (1,798), New Jersey (18), Nebraska (15), and Kansas (2).

LINK

=====

Remember the South Seceded BECAUSE they wanted to keep Slavery legal in their states.

Once gain you show your abject ignorance since it was well known for over 125 years that the South had most of the slaves:

World Atlas

Which U.S. States Had The Most Slaves At The Start Of The Civil War?​

Excerpt:

Distribution Of Slaves​

Slave owners were heavily concentrated in the South as their economic activity, namely the agricultural production of cash crops like tobacco and cotton, was sustained and made profitable through the use of slave labor. There were five states with over 400,000 slaves just before the beginning of the Civil War. Virginia with 490,867 slaves took the lead and was followed by Georgia (462,198), Mississippi (436,631), Alabama (435,080), and South Carolina (402,406).

Slavery was just as important to the economy in other states as well. Several relied on the free labor of over 100,000 slaves. Those states include: Louisiana (331,726), North Carolina (331,059), Tennessee (275,719), Kentucky (225,483), Texas (182,566), Missouri (114,931), and Arkansas (111,115). This does not conclude the states with slaves. There were six others, some were not considered southern states and would not go on to form the Confederate States. The remaining states with slaves were: Maryland (87,189), Florida (61,745), Delaware (1,798), New Jersey (18), Nebraska (15), and Kansas (2).

LINK

=====

Remember the South Seceded BECAUSE they wanted to keep Slavery legal in their states.
DUDE, you just made up 3RD SOURCE out of nowhere...

Do you have some sort of short term memory disorder??? We're talking about my source, the one you can't disprove. You're just slingling massive paragraphs of niche websites noone knows and expecting me to just drink it.. it's freaking hilarious.

No, it's supposed to be dismissive of an ignorant cretin and its assertions.
Why would you say such mean things to someone? Are you a bigot?

See, I'm someone who expresses love to others, we can disagree, but I don't hate others like you do. I think all should love others. We need to leave your small-minded bigoted ways in the past.

DUDE, you just made up 3RD SOURCE out of nowhere...

Do you have some sort of short term memory disorder??? We're talking about my source, the one you can't disprove. You're just slingling massive paragraphs of niche websites noone knows and expecting me to just drink it.. it's freaking hilarious.

You haven't countered a fucking thing I posted which I supported with links, you are TROLLING full time!

This OP doesn't really fit the History forum. It should be in Fantasy.
You make such intellectually captivating argumetns.. with plenty of sources and points.. oh wait, you've made neither. You're just mad that you read something you disagreed with, you got triggered, and now you're throwing a temper tantrum. Well, here's a binkie big boy. Now cry for me. WAHHH WAHHH. It's okay, I'm a dad, I can change your diapers.

You haven't countered a fucking thing I posted which I supported with links, you are TROLLING full time!
Your links have nothing to do with any of my points. You're going to random niche pages, copy-pasting massive blobs of paragraphs, pasting them and expecting me to do your homework for you... LOL.

Do you think that's how debate works. Hey, I'm going to prove YOU wrong. Go read this book that's 400 pages long... oh you didn't read it? Well you don't want to know the truth! ha!

You make such intellectually captivating argumetns.. with plenty of sources and points.. oh wait, you've made neither.
Lol. Your points...and your source.

squatty-potty-final-hed-2015.jpg

Forum List

Back