anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
My friend beat up his little sister and threw her out of the window. Now there is a restraining order upon him, plus I think criminal charges are pending on him.

But here is the kicker. I know him well, and he has never been violent. This is totally out of character for him. Plus his sister, although small, 3 years old, is not a noisy or troublesome child, so she definitely didn't provoke him.

How can this incident be explained, and can he be helped? His sister says she is so afraid of him she never wants to see her brother again. What can be done for him?

well he's got serious legal issues then. nobody is going to look kindly upon an 18 year male beating up a 3 year old kid, and they shouldn't, obviously.

the question is why did he do this, obviously

drugs?

mental issues?

no sane person does this, so he needs a shrink, IMO to figure out if there is something there that can be fixed.

well he's got serious legal issues then. nobody is going to look kindly upon an 18 year male beating up a 3 year old kid, and they shouldn't, obviously.

drugs?

mental issues?

no sane person does this, so he needs a shrink, IMO to figure out if there is something there that can be fixed.

Exactly, I think this is the real question. I didn't observe too much stupidity of him throughout the years I have known him, although he tends to be forgetful and absent minded. What can be the possible diagnosis for this unexpected violent outburst of him? I think this is interesting.

Oh and I forgot to say that he is not a drug user. ....

My friend beat up his little sister and threw her out of the window. Now there is a restraining order upon him, plus I think criminal charges are pending on him.

But here is the kicker. I know him well, and he has never been violent. This is totally out of character for him. Plus his sister, although small, 3 years old, is not a noisy or troublesome child, so she definitely didn't provoke him.

How can this incident be explained, and can he be helped? His sister says she is so afraid of him she never wants to see her brother again. What can be done for him?

you do not provide much information----"THREW A THREE YEAR OLD OUT OF A WINDOW" ??? how old is the thrower?--------what did the toddler LAND ON-----and how many feet did she fall?

you do not provide much information----"THREW A THREE YEAR OLD OUT OF A WINDOW" ??? how old is the thrower?--------what did the toddler LAND ON-----and how many feet did she fall?
Rosie, does it really MATTER?

drugs?

mental issues?

Exactly, I think this is the real question. I didn't observe too much stupidity of him throughout the years I have known him, although he tends to be forgetful and absent minded. What can be the possible diagnosis for this unexpected violent outburst of him? I think this is interesting.

I don't know. My first guess would be drugs.

Beyond that, I have no idea as to his mental state or state of mind at the time or what clinical diagnosis would explain this sort of thing.

maybe someone else that has more experience in the mental health field could chime in, as I've got zero.

drugs?

mental issues?

He should get some help, start by talking to his doctor. He's an adult and he could be held criminally liable if he were reported. He should get a grip on this. It could be depression gone ballistic or drugs you don't know about, or something else.

Rosie, does it really MATTER?

of course it matters. If the "throw" was a toss from a window three feet from the ground onto a mattress two feet
from the ground-----it was play

He is 18. They live on the ground floor, so she fell a couple of feet onto the street.

drugs?

mental issues?

He should get some help, start by talking to his doctor. He's an adult and he could be held criminally liable if he were reported. He should get a grip on this. It could be depression gone ballistic or drugs you don't know about, or something else.

the thrower is an adult?-------

He is 18. They live on the ground floor, so she fell a couple of feet onto the street.
Is she okay?

This is what he told me now. He says he didn't realize that it was his sister. He says it looked like trash and he just wanted to get rid of it. Also, he says he realized it was his sister only days later when he thought back.

onto paved street with cars moving around?------was he intoxicated?--------ground floor window is generally not just a few feet-----more like at LEAST five feet. Threw her or gently let her down?

This is what he told me now. He says he didn't realize that it was his sister. He says it looked like trash and he just wanted to get rid of it. Also, he says he realized it was his sister only days later when he thought back.

He needs an evaluation from competent psychiatrist AND
neurologist

Is she okay?
Yes. Interestingly, she broke no bone, and has hardly a scratch on her any more.

drugs?

mental issues?

the thrower is an adult?-------
Yes, 18 years old.

Is she okay?
Yes. Interestingly, she broke no bone, and has hardly a scratch on her any more.

good-----still needs both psychiatry and neurology

Forum List

Back