Can the Biden administration create ANY new "Green" energy projects in his 1st term?

Will the Biden administration create millions of new jobs from renewable energy projects?

• No. Its a democrat scam just like Solyndra was.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes. Millions of new "union" green energy jobs will happen, just watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Millions of new green energy jobs will happen, just not in the USA

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
1611784181225.png

At the risk of straying too far off topic from the OP, global warming is real. Its been happening for a long time.
However, if global warming is caused by man, who will force China and India to conform ?
Seems counterproductive to implement policies addressed toward "global" warming when other countries across the "globe" dont equally participate. We need to focus on the moon as a launching pad and lead the way to further space travel.

Last edited:
President Dufus said he is going to give money to the low IQ affirmative action "Historically Black Colleges" to do research to replace the lost energy jobs with "Green Jobs".

That is really going to work out great, isn't it? LOL!

View attachment 449377
At the risk of straying too far off topic from the OP, global warming is real. Its been happening for a long time.
However, if global warming is caused by man, who will force China and India to conform ?
Seems counterproductive to implement policies addressed toward "global" warming when other countries across the "globe" dont equally participate. We need to focus on the moon as a launching pad and lead the way to further space travel.
Exactly. Do you support the US paying $trillions to India and China to reduce their carbon footprint as per the Paris Accords?
I say no, because China is building more coal fired powerplants, and we can't afford it.

Joe Biden is killing oil and coal before any "green energy" capacity is ready to replace them, creating a crisis to take advantage of.
US powerplants are basically 28%% coal, 34% gas, 18% renewables, and 19% nuclear in 2018
What happens when EV cars start replacing gas powered cars and we need much more electrical grid capacity, and Biden says that the US will not use ANY fossil fuels after 2035? THE BIDEN ENERGY POLICY IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!!

View attachment 449335

This next graph makes no engineering sense?
Why would onshore wind decline? Why would solar fluctuate wildly?
But most importantly, why would total power generated not increase linearly, like the right graph above?

View attachment 449334

To generate "renewable powered" electricity you need a few things to happen.
1. You need sites to provide "fuel" like deserts for solar, and wind for wind turbines.
2. Then you need lots of lawyers to fight the democrats who have the NIMBY syndrome, such as the Kennedy's who fought the offshore turbines in MA, and Feinstein killed the proposed solar powerplant in the Mojave Desert. (NIMBY = Not in my backyard)
3. So buying acceptable sites takes years and years, and lots of money.
4. Then after you get a site, you need to get permits to build, and you need lots and lots of lawyers to fight the "green" tree huggers, who don't want anything built anywhere. Then after a few more years and many "environmental impact studies" you might get the necessary permits.
5. Then you need to make the wind turbines or solar powerplant components, and then get the right-of-way to connect the powerline from the powerplant to the electrical grid, which takes more time and money.
6. Then you finally get to build and operate the new powerplants and powerlines.

So the Biden administration will NEVER get anything substantial built in 4-years, and his promise of millions of union jobs is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I remember Solyndra and the $0.5b taxpayers lost in that scam. I can see Joe and Hunter smacking their lips for some of that big "Green New Deal" cash.
I'm not sure what your point is. The share of energy production by renewables will continue to grow

The progressive dim wing will always chant for the gummit to control markets, and pols will give them lipservice. But its not the government directly dictating to markets.

Joe Biden is killing oil and coal before any "green energy" capacity is ready to replace them, creating a crisis to take advantage of.
US powerplants are basically 28%% coal, 34% gas, 18% renewables, and 19% nuclear in 2018
What happens when EV cars start replacing gas powered cars and we need much more electrical grid capacity, and Biden says that the US will not use ANY fossil fuels after 2035? THE BIDEN ENERGY POLICY IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!!

View attachment 449335

But most importantly, why would total power generated not increase linearly, like the right graph above?

View attachment 449334

1. You need sites to provide "fuel" like deserts for solar, and wind for wind turbines.
2. Then you need lots of lawyers to fight the democrats who have the NIMBY syndrome, such as the Kennedy's who fought the offshore turbines in MA, and Feinstein killed the proposed solar powerplant in the Mojave Desert. (NIMBY = Not in my backyard)
4. Then after you get a site, you need to get permits to build, and you need lots and lots of lawyers to fight the "green" tree huggers, who don't want anything built anywhere. Then after a few more years and many "environmental impact studies" you might get the necessary permits.
5. Then you need to make the wind turbines or solar powerplant components, and then get the right-of-way to connect the powerline from the powerplant to the electrical grid, which takes more time and money.
6. Then you finally get to build and operate the new powerplants and powerlines.

So the Biden administration will NEVER get anything substantial built in 4-years, and his promise of millions of union jobs is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I remember Solyndra and the $0.5b taxpayers lost in that scam. I can see Joe and Hunter smacking their lips for some of that big "Green New Deal" cash.
I'm not sure what your point is. The share of energy production by renewables will continue to grow

The progressive dim wing will always chant for the gummit to control markets, and pols will give them lipservice. But its not the government directly dictating to markets.
I have several points to make:
1. You can't shutdown fossil and nuke powerplants until they are replaced by renewables.
2. Building renewable capacity is NOT as simple as it sounds. In the US legal, environmental, labor, and regulatory issues take years to sort thru, and that is very expensive.
3. Green energy is much more expensive than fossil or nuclear.
4. As cars are moved to EV you will need much more generating capacity
5. Biden's promise of millions of high-paying union jobs is nonsense, that would just make renewables that much more expensive.
6. Even if the "share" of renewables grows, it won't keep pace with capacity needs.
7. Bottom-line: Biden and his green morons will really mess the US up, and that empowers China who is happy to burn cheap coal. Under Biden the US loses and China wins.

Last edited:
I don't see any democrats pushing back on this technical thread. They must prefer the simple-minded food-fight threads. Or they know I'm right, and Biden is a China First president.

View attachment 449335

View attachment 449334

1. You can't shutdown fossil and nuke powerplants until they are replaced by renewables.
2. Building renewable capacity is NOT as simple as it sounds. In the US legal, environmental, labor, and regulatory issues take years to sort thru, and that is very expensive.
5. Biden's promise of millions of high-paying union jobs is nonsense, that would just make renewables that much more expensive.
6. Even if the "share" of renewables grows, it won't keep pace with capacity needs.
7. Bottom-line: Biden and his green morons will really mess the US up, and that empowers China who is happy to burn cheap coal. Under Biden the US loses and China wins.

He will bankrupt the country for that green shit. I doubt any in Congress will get behind that lunacy.

You have no idea how stupid that is since it is IMPOSSIBLE to make it work by 2050, that is what my article shows.

We got to the moon in ten years

And, as part of Biden’s historic commitment to accelerate R&D investment on a scale well beyond the Apollo-program, he will focus on strategic research areas like clean energy, clean transportation, clean industrial processes, and clean materials over the next four years. This funding will drive large-scale innovation in the industries of the future and create new partnerships to empower a generation of entrepreneurs, engineers, and skilled trade workers in all parts of the United States. Biden will invest these new dollars in a way that ensures sustained and sustainable job and small business growth in all parts of America – facilitating the formation of regional ecosystems of innovation, investing in the future of manufacturing communities, playing to each region’s strengths, and pulling in people from diverse backgrounds and skills

You have no idea how uninformed you are, the Apollo missions were done using real science and good math, which is allowed it to succeed, it is meeting realistic goals in the time frame given.

It is clear you didn't read the article because he showed that in various ways why low mass power production can NOT fully replace high mass power production, not in the time frame and not without a reliable stable baseload of power production to make it work.

View attachment 449335

View attachment 449334

He will bankrupt the country for that green shit. I doubt any in Congress will get behind that lunacy.
Its hard to keep track of all of the spending Xiden and the democrats want passed. Something like:
$1.9T for Covid relief and stimulus
$1.9T for Infrastructure
$1.9 for climate change to poor countries like China and India per the Paris Accord

Did I miss any? Here's hoping the senate can stop the insanity, but "reconciliation" may be available to them.

Nevertheless, the international community should be assured that China is genuinely interested in leading the world in one particular sector: deployment and investment in renewable energy.8 China is already leading in renewable energy production figures. It is currently the world’s largest producer of wind and solar energy,9 and the largest domestic and outbound investor in renewable energy.10 Four of the world’s five biggest renewable energy deals were made by Chinese companies in 2016.

The East Is Green: China’s Global Leadership in Renewable Energy | Center for Strategic and International Studies (csis.org)
:)-

If liberals weren't hypocrites, most if not all of them would abandon the internet, TV, radio, and all other forms of electronic waste for sweet mother Earth. Odd how the ones that whine the most about 'green' energy won't sacrifice their comforts for the cause.

Green energy is just a scam and a political tool. There is no such thing as of right now, we lack the technology. It's foolish to trick so many people into thinking we can snap our fingers and bang have green energy and our planet will magically turn into something awesome.

Even wind and solar still require the use of contaminating materials and resources to some extent, besides they are only a supplement to existing energy. They can help but they can't replace. Even hydro electricity requires substantial facilities and still impacts the environment when water flow is disturbed or altered.

We won't have true green energy until we have some sort of monumental leap in technology like the ability to do large scale cold fusion or when we devlop a means to create or manipulate gravity.

Forum List

Back