Can Science Ever Prove One Way Or Another Whether Or Not People Are Born Gay?

If God doesn't make mistakes and considers homosexuality an abomination then why would people be born that way though?

What makes you think that GOD, if there is one, considers homosexuality an abomination?

If people aren't born that way, why would they choose to make their life any more difficult that it will already be? Why would they choose to be scrutinized and made fun of by intolerant bigots? Why would they choose, in some instances, to be disowned by their family? Why would they choose to be made fun of, be the butt of jokes? Why would they choose to be discriminated against?

Why do so many people think being gay is a choice? If it was, and it's not, it would be a damn stupid one.

No
He was clearly effeminate very early.
I raised a boy and a girl. Both are heterosexual.
There are significant differences in the sexes beginning VERY early. I am talking by 1 years old.
This child acted like a girl in every way when he was very little, and never stopped acting like a girl... and to this day is still effeminate.
Some of my close friends/family kids who turned out to be gay exhibited such behavior early on. Others we (or they) had no clue until they were adults and finally figured out why their heterosexual romantic experiences were so much less satisfying to them than they were for others. To their credit, all their siblings and the parents have been okay with that.

One of my bestie's sons at around 3 or 4 declared pink his favorite color and wanted a doll for Christmas. They got him a pink T-shirt that read "Real men wear pink" and got him a raggedy Andy doll. He was happy. Within another year he has discarded that phase and wanted to either be a bull rider in a rodeo or drive a trash truck. He is an adult now, very much a normal heterosexual male running a heavy construction company. He and his wife have four kids. You never know.

(Thank God his parents weren't the woke idiots that scheduled him for castration and transgendering or started grooming him at an early age.)

Me too. My best friend in God's Church was gay. But he was a TRUE Christian. He STRUGGLED with this sin and he finally died of AIDS because he gave in to the sin once too often.

He told me he was celibate his last few years and I believe him. It was sad, but I believe he was one of the few homosexuals who died in the faith.
One of one of our besties five kids figured out he was gay in college. He has been married for decades now to a wonderful man and they both are wonderful people, quite materially successful and socially popular, one is a practicing Christian and one is of Hindu parents and raised in that faith but admires many Christian traditions and celebrates with the rest of us. Both are equally comfortable in gay or heterosexual company. I just can't see that loving and supportive relationship as sinful in any way.

But the son that grew up with my kids, that I taught in Sunday School class and even dated my daughter, was at some point exposed to HIV and has been HIV positive for years. Current medical science has allowed him to live a normal life however and so far no sign that AIDS has developed. I do not in any way question his Christian faith.

If God doesn't make mistakes and considers homosexuality an abomination then why would people be born that way though?
People are born with physical birth defects all the time. They have to struggle with these limitations. God didn't CAUSE that, but He used it to see how we deal with our particular "cross." People are born with any number of mental "defects" as well. And yes, homosexuality is a mental defects.

God uses any struggle to see if we give up and give in, or if we're actually going to OBEY Him and actually STRUGGLE against the pulls of this life.

We ALL go through something in our daily lives. Christians are supposed to fight the good fight DAILY. God is watching, and God is judging.

Telling these people this behavior is "normal" is "helping" them to hell

What makes you think that GOD, if there is one, considers homosexuality an abomination?

If people aren't born that way, why would they choose to make their life any more difficult that it will already be? Why would they choose to be scrutinized and made fun of by intolerant bigots? Why would they choose, in some instances, to be disowned by their family? Why would they choose to be made fun of, be the butt of jokes? Why would they choose to be discriminated against?

Why do so many people think being gay is a choice? If it was, and it's not, it would be a damn stupid one.
The ancient Jews and early Christians, in their time and in their culture, did consider homosexuality to be a serious sin going all the way back to the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. As all cultures evolve, learn, get better or worse over time, most of JudeoChristian heritage now accept homosexuality as no more a sin than anything else that is an outlier or anomaly among the human condition.

When I see the Christian faith shining through the eyes of a devoutly Christian gay person, witness that faith lived out through their life choices and interaction with others, I cannot believe God does not love them every bit as much as he loves heterosexual people. And I believe the perogative is not given to us to judge them.

We can judge the behavior of wrongheaded activists, those who would groom or allow mutilating surgery on children, or those who choose to be publicly vulgar, crude, and disgusting just as we can judge the behavior of any others who degrade, erode, promote sinful behavior in our culture. To oppose such behavior is NOT bashing LGBTQX+ or any race or any religious group or anybody else. Cruel, vulgar, hateful, damaging, wrong behavior is bad and should be opposed no matter who does it.

Nature or nuture, I don't care. Born gay or taught gay, I don't care. Sleep with whoever you want to, screw anybody you want to, as long as they are old enough and smart enough to know what they're doing and no one is forced or coerced, I don't care. If it's a crime against God then let God handle it in his/her own way. But we need to get out of the business of dividing people into groups or tribes, personality and character ought to be more important than any discriminating factor that is out of our control. Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone. So, STFU and go about your business while leaving your nose out of everyone else's.

Nature or nuture, I don't care. Born gay or taught gay, I don't care. Sleep with whoever you want to, screw anybody you want to, as long as they are old enough and smart enough to know what they're doing and no one is forced or coerced, I don't care. If it's a crime against God then let God handle it in his/her own way. But we need to get out of the business of dividing people into groups or tribes, personality and character ought to be more important than any discriminating factor that is out of our control. Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone. So, STFU and go about your business while leaving your nose out of everyone else's.
Perfectly said.

No gene was discovered. You need to learn something about the topic. I'm not going to help people like you who are in denial on account of their culture of hating.
I don’t hate anyone, if you are gay, so be it, I have no issue with you being gay, you have a right to be gay, but there is no gene. I also don’t want or need your help, thank you for offering.

I am also tolerant of drug addicts and alcoholics that have a gene that shows a tendency to their addiction issues.

I’m good with that.

People are born with physical birth defects all the time. They have to struggle with these limitations. God didn't CAUSE that, but He used it to see how we deal with our particular "cross." People are born with any number of mental "defects" as well. And yes, homosexuality is a mental defects.

God uses any struggle to see if we give up and give in, or if we're actually going to OBEY Him and actually STRUGGLE against the pulls of this life.

We ALL go through something in our daily lives. Christians are supposed to fight the good fight DAILY. God is watching, and God is judging.

If God is responsible for Homosexuality, why do you seek to punish them?

Leviticus 18:22 "Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

The ancient Jews and early Christians, in their time and in their culture, did consider homosexuality to be a serious sin going all the way back to the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. As all cultures evolve, learn, get better or worse over time, most of JudeoChristian heritage now accept homosexuality as no more a sin than anything else that is an outlier or anomaly among the human condition.

When I see the Christian faith shining through the eyes of a devoutly Christian gay person, witness that faith lived out through their life choices and interaction with others, I cannot believe God does not love them every bit as much as he loves heterosexual people. And I believe the perogative is not given to us to judge them.

We can judge the behavior of wrongheaded activists, those who would groom or allow mutilating surgery on children, or those who choose to be publicly vulgar, crude, and disgusting just as we can judge the behavior of any others who degrade, erode, promote sinful behavior in our culture. To oppose such behavior is NOT bashing LGBTQX+ or any race or any religious group or anybody else. Cruel, vulgar, hateful, damaging, wrong behavior is bad and should be opposed no matter who does it.

Another thing I'm thinking of is I guess people could be born gay due to the fall of man after Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden.

Which has nothing to do with what I said.
They don't know gender, but that doesn't mean their gender is not obvious to us

Did you or did you not say that the kid knew he was a girl when he was really young?

I am also tolerant of drug addicts and alcoholics that have a gene that shows a tendency to their addiction issues.

So am I. If people want to fuck up their own lives, it's their own right.

I'm asking this question because atheists on here repeatedly use the excuse that since they don't believe in the Bible that they just jump to the conclusion that people are either born gay or straight especially since being gay has its hardships.

So far, I don't see any arguments in the world of science proving this one way or the other. Am I missing something? Btw, this isn't meant to be a gay bashing thread, so please don't make it one. Just looking for answers here to this ages old debate about a possible gay gene.
sure, just apply the scientific method to the problem, and there's your scientific answer, 20 to 30 years later.
you can do this per state, per country, per region, even for the entire world.
it's just a matter of organizing the research and processing of data, but with the new infiltration of education systems by the gay pride movements, and with the leading role that the US cultural systems have on other western cultures, i say we're wise to invest in that research *now*.

sure, just apply the scientific method to the problem, and there's your scientific answer, 20 to 30 years later.
you can do this per state, per country, per region, even for the entire world.
it's just a matter of organizing the research and processing of data, but with the new infiltration of education systems by the gay pride movements, and with the leading role that the US cultural systems have on other western cultures, i say we're wise to invest in that research *now*.

Sounds like you don't have an answer either.

I don't agree with bullying anybody, but I also didn't write the Bible. Again just asking a question because I'm curious about the body and what all goes inside of it. The brain specifically.

You're a lot closer in the last sentence of your quote than you might think. No, there isn't a specific gene that causes a person to be gay or straight.

BUT......................

Scientists have discovered that a person's sexuality is centered in their brain. They have studied the structure of the brains of gays, lesbians and straight males and females. The brains of gay males are structured much like the brains of straight females, and the brains of lesbians are structured much like the brains of straight males. From that, they have kinda figured that brain structure has more to do with it than genetics. And, since the brain controls hormone levels, if a females brain is structured like a straight males, then her hormone levels are going to be more along the male side than the female. Same thing with gay males having a brain structure like a straight female, their hormone levels will be along the same lines as a female since the brain is what controls that.

And no..................there isn't a gay gene, nor is there a straight one. It's all based on brain structure. Also, if you wanted to make a gay male become a straight one, you would have to rewire their whole brain. It's not something that can be "taught" or "prayed away". It just is what it is. And, currently, we don't have enough understanding of the brain to do much with it, certainly not adjust someone's sexuality.

Here are a couple of interesting links that say brain structure is what determines a person's sexuality.

Forum List

Back