Can leg cramps cause permanent damage?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Last night I had the worst cramp in human history lol
I'm not even kidding. It lasted what felt like forever but it was about 4 or 5 minutes.
I was wearing shorts and felt something funny, looked down and it looked like something the size of a gerbil was crawling up my leg under my skin. At that point I knew what was coming and braced for the pain. Holy hell it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt and it looked even worse.
It was so bad that I'm am near horse this morning and have a migraine. Possibly coincidence I suppose but what a miserable 12 hours this has been.
Can't put much weight on my leg this morning without more pain.

.....I would think the older you are, the more serious it is
...everyone should stretch their muscles every day, or try to

Dehydrated, drink a lot of water with a banana or orange or tomato juice....for the potassium you may be lacking as well!

But the headache is a sign that it is dehydration causing the cramp.

Yes! I've had less than a handful in my life, and it is the WORST PAIN EVER!

I'm not even kidding. It lasted what felt like forever but it was about 4 or 5 minutes.
I was wearing shorts and felt something funny, looked down and it looked like something the size of a gerbil was crawling up my leg under my skin. At that point I knew what was coming and braced for the pain. Holy hell it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt and it looked even worse.
It was so bad that I'm am near horse this morning and have a migraine. Possibly coincidence I suppose but what a miserable 12 hours this has been.

Deep vein thrombosis - Symptoms and causes

• Banned
Dehydrated, drink a lot of water with a banana or orange or tomato juice....for the potassium you may be lacking as well!

But the headache is a sign that it is dehydration causing the cramp.

Yes! I've had less than a handful in my life, and it is the WORST PAIN EVER!
The headache came this morning. I figured it was a result of the yelling I was doing.

Stay hydrated and move around during the day.

Sitting is the new smoking and will kill you

I have pulled a muscle from a leg cramp. They are the worst way to wake up in the morning. It is the alarm clock with no snooze button.

I always jump up on my feet the second I notice cramping in my leg while in bed. Walking on it always eliminates the cramp, at least for me.

That always worked for me too. Until I started a different job that, apparently, used different muscles. A cramp in the muscles on your inner thigh do not stop with walking. Brutal things.

Gramps is ACTIVE all day long.... So it is not the lack of activity.... my bet, is dehydration caused his cramp, or lack of potassium....potassium is needed for normal nerve function...which controls muscles.

Gramps is ACTIVE all day long.... So it is not the lack of activity.... my bet, is dehydration caused his cramp, or lack of potassium....potassium is needed for normal nerve function...which controls muscles.

Does Gramps take medicine for high blood pressure? When I was prescribed lisinipro, I had leg cramps bad until my body adjusted. I still have to make sure I get enough water and potassium.

Does Gramps take medicine for high blood pressure? When I was prescribed lisinipro, I had leg cramps bad until my body adjusted. I still have to make sure I get enough water and potassium.
That, I don't know? I just know he said that he was active, not sedentary, plus we know he works hard during the day from his differential posts over the years...

That always worked for me too. Until I started a different job that, apparently, used different muscles. A cramp in the muscles on your inner thigh do not stop with walking. Brutal things.

I have never had a cramp in my thigh or even heard of that.
Me either! I just thought Charlie Horses were cramps in the calf.

I have never had a cramp in my thigh or even heard of that.
Me either! I just thought Charlie Horses were cramps in the calf.

I've had leg cramps most of my life. Never had thigh cramps until 2016.

Forum List

Back