Can Jesus be God if he is not all knowing?

Give me his email and I'll contact him.
I wouldn’t have expected you to say anything else.

The evidence is all around and in you. You only have yourself to blame for missing it.
Prove it.
Only you can do that for you.
So you have nothing. Got it.
I have a personal relationship with the one true God. You are the one with nothing.
You have a relationship with an unproven god. That’s all.

Why would god have to warn you that he is about to do something really bad to your g-ma? That makes no sense. Why not just not do anything to her in the first place?
Whatever, jackass. :eusa_hand:

Did it ever occur to you that God designed the world to be autonomous? Do you even fucking understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Jackass.
But why did god put stuff in this universe that would hurt your g-ma? What's god's motivation for putting deformed babies in this (autonomous) universe?
Most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now. They believe satan is the ruler until the time Christ comes back to make things right again.

If you follow the story of Adam and Eve, then you'd see it is not God who causes things to happen, but the sin that entered the world to cause all sorts of disease and harm to fall upon people.
But if god didn't want A & E to fall, why put the apple and the snake in the Garden? Why make Satan in the first place? And why make deformed and retarded babies?
And you have eluded to a question that I myself have.

My only response is that God didn't want robots and people forced into serving Him. He wanted people to choose Him, thus free will. Without the tree, and the serpent, and temptation, there would have been no route for people to make a choice.

Again, it is a question that also perplexes me, and I dont have a good answer.
Im not sure what you mean by free...

but if its "do this, or else eternal damnation and torture," I'm not sure we'd classify "freedom" similarly.

I wouldn’t have expected you to say anything else.

The evidence is all around and in you. You only have yourself to blame for missing it.
Prove it.
I have a personal relationship with the one true God. You are the one with nothing.
Which I have tested and found to bear good fruit.

You have not.

Whatever, jackass. :eusa_hand:

Did it ever occur to you that God designed the world to be autonomous? Do you even fucking understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Jackass.
But why did god put stuff in this universe that would hurt your g-ma? What's god's motivation for putting deformed babies in this (autonomous) universe?
Most Christian's believe that God is not in control of this world right now. They believe satan is the ruler until the time Christ comes back to make things right again.

If you follow the story of Adam and Eve, then you'd see it is not God who causes things to happen, but the sin that entered the world to cause all sorts of disease and harm to fall upon people.
But if god didn't want A & E to fall, why put the apple and the snake in the Garden? Why make Satan in the first place? And why make deformed and retarded babies?

My only response is that God didn't want robots and people forced into serving Him. He wanted people to choose Him, thus free will. Without the tree, and the serpent, and temptation, there would have been no route for people to make a choice.

but if its "do this, or else eternal damnation and torture," I'm not sure we'd classify "freedom" similarly.
Not eternal damnation. Living a life of meaning.

We constantly receive feedback on our choices. None more compelling than when confronted with obstacles, challenges, adversity and catastrophe.

Understanding that everything is connected and trying to learn from our experiences helps us to become better versions of ourselves.

I keep coming back to the beatings will continue until morale improves. Which begs the question are we really free.

The answer is yes because we are allowed to keep repeating the same mistakes.

You have not.
Self-delusion. No real proof.
Altering the fabric of my identity is real proof.

Spreading love through concentric circles is real proof.

Having peace through the storm is real proof.

You have not.

All things you did to yourself and in no way proves an invisible being. Get a fucking grip.

You have not.

All things you did to yourself and in no way proves an invisible being. Get a fucking grip.
Nope. I tried it on my own for ten years.

So I tested it both ways.

You have not.

On your own hasn't worked, time to get a therapist.

You have not.

Don’t need one.

I have chosen the better portion.

Don’t need one.

I have chosen the better portion.
That's why you need some real mental health help.

We constantly receive feedback on our choices. None more compelling than when confronted with obstacles, challenges, adversity and catastrophe.

Understanding that everything is connected and trying to learn from our experiences helps us to become better versions of ourselves.

I keep coming back to the beatings will continue until morale improves. Which begs the question are we really free.

I was referring to eternal damnation, in my post. Perhaps you are straw-manning again.

Saying to do x or else y is an ultimatum. When one of the choices, x or y, is so grossly unreasonable that its crashing through the bullet-proof glass of being an actual "choice," I question one's understanding of "free" but to each their own opinion.

I was referring to eternal damnation, in my post. Perhaps you are straw-manning again.

Saying to do x or else y is an ultimatum. When one of the choices, x or y, is so grossly unreasonable that its crashing through the bullet-proof glass of being an actual "choice," I question one's understanding of "free" but to each their own opinion.
I know you were referring to that.

It isn’t about that.

It isn’t about the destination. It has never been about the destination.

It is and has always been about the journey. That’s why it was referred to as the way.

It isn’t about that.

It is and has always been about the journey. That’s why it was referred to as the way.
I didnt inquire about your 1 man opinion regarding what you think its about.

I was obviously posing a question to folks who believe in eternal damnation at the same time as they believe in free will.

If thats not you, my comment doesnt pertain to you.

It isn’t about that.

I was obviously posing a question to folks who believe in eternal damnation at the same time as they believe in free will.

It’s a straw man argument, GT.

I’m not sure how anyone can read the Bible and come away believing it is about going to heaven or hell.

It’s a how to book.

It isn’t about that.

It’s a straw man argument, GT.

I’m not sure how anyone can read the Bible and come away believing it is about going to heaven or hell.

It’s a how to book.
Its by definition not a straw man, because there exists humans that believe in hell.

That tautologically not a strawman.

You think the question was posed to you, personally, because everything is about you. Butt-out, and let those who believe in eternal damnation respond. They exist, there's polls to prove it. If youre not one of them, youre merely intruding to preach. It wasnt solicited

It isn’t about that.

But if you insist on making that argument.

How is it any different than a law against murder or any other crime?

If you break the law you will go to jail. So is it free will to not break the law?

Clearly it is because people still do break the law. If they were not free to do so no one would break the law.

Now if you ask the question is it virtuous to be made to be virtuous it is clearly not. But since no one is being forced to be virtuous they still have a choice in their behavior.

Are there consequences? Sure. That’s life.

It isn’t about that.

If you break the law you will go to jail. So is it free will to not break the law?

Clearly it is because people still do break the law. If they were not free to do so no one would break the law.

Now if you ask the question is it virtuous to be made to be virtuous it is clearly not. But since no one is being forced to be virtuous they still have a choice in their behavior.

I dont have arguments with preachers that I find fulla shit, Ding.

I told ya that. Many times, too. Youre clingy and you're not introspective enough for humility. Lack of humility is nasty.

Free will is subjective, that's made obvious by looking at slavery.

The slaves had a choice to run at night, or while working in a field, but under the threat of durress, many wouldnt run because they feared hanging or being shot.

You can call having that choice free will.

I dont.

Same with threat of eternal damnation. That elevates the prospect, to me, of not being able to practically call that a choice.

To each their own opinion.

It isn’t about that.

I dont have arguments with preachers that I find fulla shit, Ding.

I told ya that. Many times, too. Youre clingy and yoire not introspective enough for humility. Lack of humility is nasty.

Free will is subjective, that's made obvious by looking at slavery.

The slaves had a choice to run at night, or while working in a field, but under the threat of durress, many wouldnt run because they feared hanging or being shot.

You can call having that choice free will.

I dont.

Same with threat of eternal damnation. That elevates the prospect, to me, of not being able to practically call that a choice.

To each their own opinion.
Unless you are physically restrained from doing something, you have free will to do it.

When a man throws himself on a grenade to spare the lives of others he exercised free will. Yet he still suffered the consequences of death.

When a man chooses to murder another man for whatever reason he exercised free will. Yet he suffered the consequences of prison and/or executions.

It is only not free will when you are forcefully prevented from exercising your intentions.

Anyone can say the hell with your consequences, I am going to do what I want to do. That’s free will.

Anyone can say the hell with eternal damnation too.

Forum List

Back