Can GOP win if Trump isn't nominee?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Does the GOP establishment really think it can win with a establishment candidate like Rubio or Bush or Christie? I mean they would have to have the vast majority of Trump supporters support the eventual nominee...I for one WILL NOT support anyone BUT Trump did same thing in 2012 and 2008. I was just reading an article that says Trump has given working class whites and blacks a voice and that the establishment would have to gain those if he is to lose the nomination. I just don't see it happening. Those working class whites DON'T support the GOP establishment for a REASON. What do yall think? Will the GOP cut off its nose to spite its face?

Sure.... the notion that everyone is all in on what the Dems are offering just isn't so.

This is a Republican Presidency to lose. We will see what happens..

I can totally see the GOP Establishment preferring to lose rather than win with Trump.

I think Trump is the most likely candidate to win.

HOWEVER, either Hillary or Sanders are such bad candidates, that it is possible that some Establishment candidate might eek out one more GOP win before demographic shift and amnesty ends that forever.

If the ticket is Rubio and Kasich, HRC can be beaten.

If it is Trump, Cruz, Carson blah blah the ticket will lose worse than Goldwater to Johnson.

Obongo smoked so smoking chicken could have a chance...

poulet.jpg

as a democrat of course...:eek-52:

News flash: just found out chicken is a barnyard organizer...:deal:

Last edited:
Of course they can.

I doubt the GOP can win with Trump.

He's too crazy.
Crazy how? You GOP loyalists haven't grasped it yet that in 1996,2008 and 2012 YOU LOST because the candidates were WEAK "moderates" aka light democrats. I NEVER supported the eventual GOP candidate in 2008 or 2012. I support Ron Paul both times and ended up voting 3rd party both times. I made sure as many as people as possible knew what a JOKE Romney was and how they screwed Ron Paul throughout the process. The difference this time is Trump can and WILL run independent if he needs to. Is it not obvious to you people the people voting in these polls HATE the other candidates! But hey go ahead. I am not a registered republican or democrat but long as Trump is in on Super Tuesday I will vote for him and again in November. If he isn't I will just vote 3rd party again and watch the GOP have the worst ass whipping its ever gotten in an election that should have been the EASIEST win ever.The GOP can bend and break for the democrats but won't bend to the will of the GOP voters.
The GOP would rather have Hillary than Trump.
Yep. Mine as well not much difference if any.

Odium, America as a whole despises the far right, and America generally dislikes Trump. I doubt he can get the nomination and he can't win in part because folks like you are supporting him.

Odium, America as a whole despises the far right, and America generally dislikes Trump. I doubt he can get the nomination and he can't win in part because folks like you are supporting him.

IF it is "far right" to want to actually deport illegals, and to stop counting as citizens the children of Mexicans who are here against our laws, and that means that Trump can win?

Then America is already dead and we just didn't know it.

Of course they can.

He's too crazy.
Crazy how? You GOP loyalists haven't grasped it yet that in 1996,2008 and 2012 YOU LOST because the candidates were WEAK "moderates" aka light democrats. I NEVER supported the eventual GOP candidate in 2008 or 2012. I support Ron Paul both times and ended up voting 3rd party both times. I made sure as many as people as possible knew what a JOKE Romney was and how they screwed Ron Paul throughout the process. The difference this time is Trump can and WILL run independent if he needs to. Is it not obvious to you people the people voting in these polls HATE the other candidates! But hey go ahead. I am not a registered republican or democrat but long as Trump is in on Super Tuesday I will vote for him and again in November. If he isn't I will just vote 3rd party again and watch the GOP have the worst ass whipping its ever gotten in an election that should have been the EASIEST win ever.The GOP can bend and break for the democrats but won't bend to the will of the GOP voters.

Moderates win elections. That's an empirical, unemotional fact. Republicans don't have to win moderates but they have to be close.

Trump will lose moderates bad. The Democrats will tear him to shreds. He creates his own negative attack ads with his antics. You're going to see him mocking handicapped people, saying he doesn't like POWs, that he doesn't think an ugly woman should be President being played on a continuous loop.

His antics appeal to his hardcore base but will alienate everyone else. That's what the base hasn't figured out.

IF it is "far right" to want to actually deport illegals, and to stop counting as citizens the children of Mexicans who are here against our laws, and that means that Trump can win? Then America is already dead and we just didn't know it.
You are far worse than deportation and hating Mexicans and blacks. Good Americans understand fully what you are about, and when you and your ilk are supporting a candidate, that candidate loses big time.

Of course they can.

He's too crazy.

Moderates win elections. That's an empirical, unemotional fact. Republicans don't have to win moderates but they have to be close.

Trump will lose moderates bad. The Democrats will tear him to shreds. He creates his own negative attack ads with his antics. You're going to see him mocking handicapped people, saying he doesn't like POWs, that he doesn't think an ugly woman should be President being played on a continuous loop.

His antics appeal to his hardcore base but will alienate everyone else. That's what the base hasn't figured out.

Tell it to McCain.

Cruz is my top choice for a GOP candidate who would destroy Hillary in the debates and beat her at the polls. Christie would probably smack her around pretty good too. Trump not so much. Rubio deer in the headlights.

IF it is "far right" to want to actually deport illegals, and to stop counting as citizens the children of Mexicans who are here against our laws, and that means that Trump can win? Then America is already dead and we just didn't know it.
You are far worse than deportation and hating Mexicans and blacks. Good Americans understand fully what you are about, and when you and your ilk are supporting a candidate, that candidate loses big time.

Bull. Trumps most "far right" policies are Deportation and losing Birthright Citizenship. And if that so "far right" that it means unelectable, than like I said America is already dead.

Of course they can.

He's too crazy.

Tell it to McCain.

Trump would lose worse than McCain.

Of course they can.

He's too crazy.

Tell it to McCain.

Trump would lose worse than McCain.

McCain was a moderate who ran a moderate campaign and lost big time.

Trump will give a reason to conservatives democrats and unaffiliated moderates to vote GOP, ie immigration and trade.

Forum List

Back