Can a President govern from prison?

The supreme court will overturn the banana republic conviction
Unlikely they will overturn a conviction. Your blob’s best chance is to get the case thrown out before conviction. If they let the case go forward; they wouldn’t have a reason to vacate a conviction. Any law enforcement officer would know that, Blart. Now get back into your golf cart and make your rounds.

There is no way he'll go to prison.

Ok. How does he avoid it in the scenario? Georgia State Law mandates Prison for the offenses if convicted. There is no possibility of Parole, the Governor does not have the power to Parole or Pardon under Georgia State Law.

How does that happen? Because I live in Georgia and I have no idea how it would work.

If Donald Trump is convicted in the Georgia case, is elected President, and, after appeals fail, goes to prison after his inauguration, can he govern from prison? Or does the seat automatically before vacated, and he is replaced by the Vice President?
Funny how no one can ever say what Trump did.

Yeah, I'm sure you guys have got him...THIS TIME. Go ahead and put him in a cell. I'm sure his supporters will just give up and let you steal another election without reacting at all.
didn’t say that..but a felony conviction and serving time prevents you from holding many rallies.

At one time, folks said there was no way he would be booked with a mug shot.

I am not so sure now. :eusa_think:

They threw Eugene V. Debs in prison, and they threw Lyndon LaRouche in prison, both for defying the establishment, and telling uncomfortable truths about those in power. And they both did a whole lot less it could be argued.

. . . and both still continued to run for president from prison.

You screw with the bull? Sometimes? You get the horns. . . . :confused:

iu
LaRouche didn’t go to prison for ‘defying establishment’. He was a sh1tbag huckster, who got busted.

LaRouche didn’t go to prison for ‘defying establishment’. He was a sh1tbag huckster, who got busted.
And isn't that exactly what they say about Trump?

. . . and if you ask any God fearing, patriotic American, they will tell you that is why they thew Debs in prison.

🙄

Unlikely they will overturn a conviction. Your blob’s best chance is to get the case thrown out before conviction. If they let the case go forward; they wouldn’t have a reason to vacate a conviction. Any law enforcement officer would know that, Blart. Now get back into your golf cart and make your rounds.
Jack smith has already been bitch slapped by the supreme court for doing the exact something with Virginia Governor

Ok. How does he avoid it in the scenario? Georgia State Law mandates Prison for the offenses if convicted. There is no possibility of Parole, the Governor does not have the power to Parole or Pardon under Georgia State Law.

How does that happen? Because I live in Georgia and I have no idea how it would work.
Rico doesn't apply any conviction will be supreme court bound

Rico doesn't apply any conviction will be supreme court bound

Georgia tends to write their laws vaguely. In an effort to be all encompassing. Specific enough to withstand any challenge, but vaguely enough to argue that it applies.

I went through this with the McMichaels. Arguments that they should get Murder in the Second. We don’t have that in Georgia. We have Murder. And Felony Murder. Period.

Maybe manslaughter was the answer I was told. But it didn’t qualify. We have two Manslaughter charges in Georgia. One is the crime of passion charge. You come home and find a man in bed with your wife and kill them. Georgians say that is wrong. We understand you were upset, but you are headed to prison for a few years. The other is you were doing something dumb, reckless, and should have been a hell of a lot more careful.

Take twenty minutes and watch this lawyer explain it.

He walks you through the charges and explains what they mean. He is also fair in saying that Trump is accused, not convicted, of these charges.

Georgia tends to write their laws vaguely. In an effort to be all encompassing. Specific enough to withstand any challenge, but vaguely enough to argue that it applies.

I went through this with the McMichaels. Arguments that they should get Murder in the Second. We don’t have that in Georgia. We have Murder. And Felony Murder. Period.

Maybe manslaughter was the answer I was told. But it didn’t qualify. We have two Manslaughter charges in Georgia. One is the crime of passion charge. You come home and find a man in bed with your wife and kill them. Georgians say that is wrong. We understand you were upset, but you are headed to prison for a few years. The other is you were doing something dumb, reckless, and should have been a hell of a lot more careful.

Take twenty minutes and watch this lawyer explain it.

He walks you through the charges and explains what they mean. He is also fair in saying that Trump is accused, not convicted, of these charges.

Rico doesn't apply it does apply to mob bosses

Idiot. I should know better than try and discuss any topic with a Trump Fanboy who denies reality.
RICO is used against groups with a long history of criminal activity where underlings go out and commit crimes at the behest of their boss. To my knowledge, it has never been applied to a single event like it is with Trump.

RICO is used against groups with a long history of criminal activity where underlings go out and commit crimes at the behest of their boss. To my knowledge, it has never applied to a single event like it is with Trump.
The letters rico spells out it's intended use

Hell RICO can be applied to the Biden crime family

Forum List

Back