Can a President govern from prison?

RICO is used against groups with a long history of criminal activity where underlings go out and commit crimes at the behest of their boss. To my knowledge, it has never been applied to a single event like it is with Trump.

Rico is written as a secondary crime. To qualify under the written law you must have a qualifying predicate crime.

You guys need to learn what the laws actually say. And what they actually mean as determined by precedent setting cases.

Rico doesn't apply any conviction will be supreme court bound

Georgia tends to write their laws vaguely. In an effort to be all encompassing. Specific enough to withstand any challenge, but vaguely enough to argue that it applies.

Rico doesn't apply it does apply to mob bosses

Georgia Charges 'Cop City' Protesters Under RICO Law Used To Indict Trump​

Among the indicted are a Southern Poverty Law Center attorney acting as a legal observer and three people who run a bail fund.​

TRUMP Indicted For FOURTH TIME On RICO Charges: 'Witch Hunt Continues'?: Rising Reacts​

Cop City, RICO, and corporate fascism w/Taya Graham & Stephen Janis | Rattling the Bars​

If anybody can govern from prison it's Trump. But it has to be a good prison. Trump is worried they gonna put him in one of them "bad prisons".

Do some research do make me show how ignorant you can be

You know of course that the Bribery Case is nothing like the charges that Trump is facing.

For Smith to lose in these cases. These are the decisions the Supreme Court will have to make. And this is asking a lot.

1) Former Presidents can never be deprived of their Security Clearance and Top Secret Documents are to be considered personal documents. It is perfectly legal for a Former President and his staff to lie to Federal Agents. It is perfectly legal for the Former President to instruct Staff to lie on his behalf to Federal Agents.

2) Presidents have the power to overturn elections they don’t like through any means. The peaceful transfer of power is at the whim of the President.

3) Presidents and Former Presidents are Above the Law for all time. Future cases will determine if this immunity from prosecution extends to family members and for how many generations.

Do you really think that will be the declaration of the Supreme Court?

If anybody can govern from prison it's Trump. But it has to be a good prison. Trump is worried they gonna put him in one of them "bad prisons".

Georgia State Prisons are not good. Most of them don’t have Air Conditioning. They’re crowded and don’t have sufficient guards to maintain control. Trump will be sent to Maximum Security for his own protection. Those are even worse.

You know of course that the Bribery Case is nothing like the charges that Trump is facing.

For Smith to lose in these cases. These are the decisions the Supreme Court will have to make. And this is asking a lot.

1) Former Presidents can never be deprived of their Security Clearance and Top Secret Documents are to be considered personal documents. It is perfectly legal for a Former President and his staff to lie to Federal Agents. It is perfectly legal for the Former President to instruct Staff to lie on his behalf to Federal Agents.

2) Presidents have the power to overturn elections they don’t like through any means. The peaceful transfer of power is at the whim of the President.

3) Presidents and Former Presidents are Above the Law for all time. Future cases will determine if this immunity from prosecution extends to family members and for how many generations.

Do you really think that will be the declaration of the Supreme Court?
Bribery? An example of bribery would be Jo Biden bribery of Ukraine and getting a prosecutor fired.

Georgia State Prisons are not good. Most of them don’t have Air Conditioning. They’re crowded and don’t have sufficient guards to maintain control. Trump will be sent to Maximum Security for his own protection. Those are even worse.
No Trump will not be going to prison

Bribery? An example of bribery would be Jo Biden bribery of Ukraine and getting a prosecutor fired.

The case which was overturned. While Smith was able to prove that McDonald got a lot of expensive stuff he never was able to prove a direct quid pro quo. In other words. Yes the Defendant got things he was not supposed to. There was no proof that he did things to earn those bribes.

This is the major smackdown you are crowing about. You did know what the case was about didn’t you? Or did you just read the headline and move on?

No Trump will not be going to prison

I honestly don’t know. I do know that Georgia Prosecutors tend to win most of the cases. I know that Georgia Juries tend to be harsh. See the McMichaels case as one example.

I also know that one of the defendants has already taken a plea deal and I suspect that others are following in the footsteps.

I also know that if Trump is convicted. There is no alternative to Prison. The law stipulates that if convicted the Defendant must spend no less than five years in State Prison. There is no house arrest option. There is no option for anything else. Five years minimum. And this isn’t new. It goes back to the 1980’s Conservative Get Tough on Crime mandatory minimums that was all the rage.

He will just appeal. The election will be over before anything in Georgia takes place. Once he is president, he will own the DOJ. No Georgia cop is going to be able to arrest him.
And you think that spectacle is good for our country? You think that makes America great again???

Sheesh!

And you think that spectacle is good for our country? You think that makes America great again???

Sheesh!
It beats having Joe in there, who is the most corrupt politician in US history. Plus, Trump isnt guilty of the things your side is accusing him of. We all see what youre doing and its fucking disgusting and dangerous.

It beats having Joe in there, who is the most corrupt politician in US history. Plus, Trump isnt guilty of the things your side is accusing him of. We all see what youre doing and its fucking disgusting and dangerous.

You’ve looked at the evidence, considered the text of the law, filtered through the precedents, and found Trump Not Guilty. Great.

In what precedent setting case is anyone, even a Former President, able to instruct people to lie to the FBI about the presence of Classified Documents? Case reference if you please?

You’ve looked at the evidence, considered the text of the law, filtered through the precedents, and found Trump Not Guilty. Great.

In what precedent setting case is anyone, even a Former President, able to instruct people to lie to the FBI about the presence of Classified Documents? Case reference if you please?
Your boy is going to lose and Trump is going to win. You need to come to terms with that.

The case which was overturned. While Smith was able to prove that McDonald got a lot of expensive stuff he never was able to prove a direct quid pro quo. In other words. Yes the Defendant got things he was not supposed to. There was no proof that he did things to earn those bribes.

This is the major smackdown you are crowing about. You did know what the case was about didn’t you? Or did you just read the headline and move on?
Again An example of bribery would be Jo Biden bribery of Ukraine and getting a prosecutor fired.
And it's Gov. McDonnell that the supreme court bitch slapped Smith over for miss using a law to create a crime that didn't happen

I honestly don’t know. I do know that Georgia Prosecutors tend to win most of the cases. I know that Georgia Juries tend to be harsh. See the McMichaels case as one example.

I also know that one of the defendants has already taken a plea deal and I suspect that others are following in the footsteps.

I also know that if Trump is convicted. There is no alternative to Prison. The law stipulates that if convicted the Defendant must spend no less than five years in State Prison. There is no house arrest option. There is no option for anything else. Five years minimum. And this isn’t new. It goes back to the 1980’s Conservative Get Tough on Crime mandatory minimums that was all the rage.
RICO does not apply it will be over turned by the supreme court. The court will see these charges as political hit pieces.

Fake News, pounded in your head to brainwash you about Biden....It's the only way they can make the perpetual lying crooked Donald look better.... You need to sharpen your bullshit detector meter skills!

He is not the most corrupt politician in US History.... he's not that smart....he's a dufus that trips over his own feet.... Even his white lie stories about his life, are but measly little crap.

Your boy is going to lose and Trump is going to win. You need to come to terms with that.

So you haven’t looked at the laws. You haven’t considered the precedents. You just know. I presume this is the same Muse that told you Trump won in 2020 despite the evidence that he had not? Or the same Muse who told us that the Republicans would win the Senate?

I don’t know how the case in Georgia will turn out. I don’t know what will happen with the Documents case in Florida. I have looked at the NY case and I think it is a little weak. I’ve said many times that I believe that one will be an acquittal. The links are tenuous.

I think it is about an 80% probability that Trump will be convicted in Georgia. The problem is that the laws appear to support that given the indictment evidence.

And honestly that is the one that worries you all the most. Because if Convicted. Notice I say if, not when, because I believe I can always be wrong and allow for that possibility. If he is convicted there is no alternative in the law to Prison.

Forum List

Back