Can a President govern from prison?

RICO does not apply it will be over turned by the supreme court. The court will see these charges as political hit pieces.

The Supreme Court can’t rule on State Charges. They can rule if Trump was denied a civil right.

There has to be an established or understood civil right violation. Or a procedural violation of those rights. Just charging him with a crime isn’t proof of that.

Ronald Reagan famously said that the Left knows so much that just isn’t so. That applies to the current Right Wing extremists today.

So you haven’t looked at the laws. You haven’t considered the precedents. You just know. I presume this is the same Muse that told you Trump won in 2020 despite the evidence that he had not? Or the same Muse who told us that the Republicans would win the Senate?

I don’t know how the case in Georgia will turn out. I don’t know what will happen with the Documents case in Florida. I have looked at the NY case and I think it is a little weak. I’ve said many times that I believe that one will be an acquittal. The links are tenuous.

I think it is about an 80% probability that Trump will be convicted in Georgia. The problem is that the laws appear to support that given the indictment evidence.

And honestly that is the one that worries you all the most. Because if Convicted. Notice I say if, not when, because I believe I can always be wrong and allow for that possibility. If he is convicted there is no alternative in the law to Prison.
Wyeho

Fake News, pounded in your head to brainwash you about Biden....It's the only way they can make the perpetual lying crooked Donald look better.... You need to sharpen your bullshit detector meter skills!

He is not the most corrupt politician in US History.... he's not that smart....he's a dufus that trips over his own feet.... Even his white lie stories about his life, are but measly little crap.
Wyeho

The case which was overturned. While Smith was able to prove that McDonald got a lot of expensive stuff he never was able to prove a direct quid pro quo. In other words. Yes the Defendant got things he was not supposed to. There was no proof that he did things to earn those bribes.

This is the major smackdown you are crowing about. You did know what the case was about didn’t you? Or did you just read the headline and move on?
Wyeho

Rico is written as a secondary crime. To qualify under the written law you must have a qualifying predicate crime.

You guys need to learn what the laws actually say. And what they actually mean as determined by precedent setting cases.
Wyeho

If Donald Trump is convicted in the Georgia case, is elected President, and, after appeals fail, goes to prison after his inauguration, can he govern from prison? Or does the seat automatically before vacated, and he is replaced by the Vice President?
There is no law or ruling preventing him from running his entire campaign and administration from a prison cell.

But that's not to say there won't be. We tend to not make rulings on issues until they happen, and because it has never happened (or even been likely) the Supreme Court hasn't ever ruled on it.

I would imagine that if he was imprisoned during the campaign and then elected, or convicted and sentenced by a State court while in office, the court (up to and including the Supreme Court, if needed) would likely suspend his sentence until after his term was over.

Forum List

Back