Can a free and open society allow vaccine passes?

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Western societies, at least up to very recently, have distinguished themselves by their commitment to two fundamental principles.

The first is the principle that social life is open to all citizens, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious creed, their political beliefs, or their personal history, provided they obey rudimentary rules of decorum and civility.

The second is the principle that each person should be afforded a space of personal freedom and trusted to act responsibly, rather than micromanaged in the minutiae of their everyday decisions.

The public and governmental response to the Covid-19 pandemic across much of Europe and parts of North America profoundly threaten both of these bedrock principles. Personal freedom is increasingly morphing into an obligation to blindly submit to arbitrary and coercive government edicts, while the ideal of an open and inclusive society is being corrupted by the notion that only those who make the “right” health choices (as defined by certain public authorities) deserve full access to social life.

In many parts of Europe, people find themselves compelled, under duress, to comply with a string of odd health restrictions mandated by government, like asking customers to wear masks between sips of beer, requesting people to book into a hotel in order to enjoy indoor dining, or giving school lessons with one’s nose and mouth covered up.

Read rest at

Feeling OK normies ?lol

dkdkkdmdmd.jpeg

Western societies, at least up to very recently, have distinguished themselves by their commitment to two fundamental principles.

The first is the principle that social life is open to all citizens, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious creed, their political beliefs, or their personal history, provided they obey rudimentary rules of decorum and civility.

The second is the principle that each person should be afforded a space of personal freedom and trusted to act responsibly, rather than micromanaged in the minutiae of their everyday decisions.

The public and governmental response to the Covid-19 pandemic across much of Europe and parts of North America profoundly threaten both of these bedrock principles. Personal freedom is increasingly morphing into an obligation to blindly submit to arbitrary and coercive government edicts, while the ideal of an open and inclusive society is being corrupted by the notion that only those who make the “right” health choices (as defined by certain public authorities) deserve full access to social life.

In many parts of Europe, people find themselves compelled, under duress, to comply with a string of odd health restrictions mandated by government, like asking customers to wear masks between sips of beer, requesting people to book into a hotel in order to enjoy indoor dining, or giving school lessons with one’s nose and mouth covered up.

Read rest at

Feeling OK normies ?lol

View attachment 526418

Americans who traveled overseas used to all have shot cards with their US Passports.

Read rest at

Feeling OK normies ?lol

View attachment 526418

Here we Go again.
The government are taking away our freedoms again. Same old shit again st the dems. Yawn.

Americans who traveled overseas used to all have shot cards with their US Passports.
Yeah so fucking what ....so have I
Just say youre a moronic sheep and a nazi sub human hick piece of white trash and go fuck yourself sideways

Just get it over with

Since the vaxxed can contract and infect others with the Wuhan what good is a vax pass

A business has the right to do what it wants to do within the law.

We can't always have things our way.

TNp9Ohy.jpg
But they are being pressured by the government to do it. It's not of their own free will.

Every business I went in since this started, I have ignored their mask policy, and if they said anything, I just asked them if they wanted my business or not, and if they are asking me to leave?
Only one place was willing to actually go that far, and say it out loud to my face, and he said it was because if he didn't, he would get a 15k fine from Harris County.
I pointed out that I had been putting money in his pocket for years now, and the county had never done shit but take money out of his pocket, through fees and taxes, but if he would rather bend over for them, instead of standing up for his paying customers, then I didn't want to do business with him any longer, and he deserved to go out of business.
And I said all this to him in front of a full restaurant, because he deserved to be shamed in public for that, imo.

But my point is, he didn't make the choice out of some personal conviction, he knuckled under when he was muscled and his business threatened by the government.
So there is a bit more to this question than whether we should respect a business owners policy.

Forum List

Back