Camper vs Camper

I have to admit, I do think the luxury trailers and motorhomes, with pop out rooms, generators, full bathrooms, are offensive and absurd.

Our trailer is total minimalist. We always use the site bathroom. I'll have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised, though, when I found that the fridge worked. I bought our trailer for a song. It's rather cool to have a small fridge while camping. It's also nice to have an indoor space to retreat to when the rowdies who tent camp drink too much beer and get loud...

I have to admit, I do think the luxury trailers and motorhomes, with pop out rooms, generators, full bathrooms, are offensive and absurd.

Our trailer is total minimalist. We always use the site bathroom. I'll have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised, though, when I found that the fridge worked. I bought our trailer for a song. It's rather cool to have a small fridge while camping. It's also nice to have an indoor space to retreat to when the rowdies who tent camp drink too much beer and get loud...

You're trailor isn't too bad (although parking it for two weeks, the max limit at campsites and hogging up a spot is irreprehensible, and I hope it costs you big bucks in fees).

I pass these small trailors on the highway all the time, blown off the road, on their sides, and, while I hope no one was hurt, cannot help but feel some satisfaction.

Be nice to the lady in the camper next to you. she might be famous.
fire5.jpg

Michelle Malkin is blogging about her "camping" trip.
ystone_emily.jpg

I actually have never parked it for two weeks before, but I thought it a great idea, since we live so close. The camp host said that you only have to stay overnight for the first 24 hrs, that's the rule.

Monday morning is a good time to get a good spot.

fire5.jpg

ystone_emily.jpg

Disgusting.....

...but she is kinda hawt.....I bet she'd be perfect with a sock duct-taped and stuffed in her mouth....and an octopus covering her trembing nekkid torso.

I think for the next camping trip I go Moroccan.
(The real question is bring the harem or not. Uuummmm.....)

Arabian_tent.jpg

We always did tent camping. I never liked it. My dad loved it. But he always was prepared for whatever. We never got wet when it rained, as my dad dug a nice ditch around the tents.

And we always had a fire. He kept the wood in the tent.

We always did tent camping. I never liked it. My dad loved it. But he always was prepared for whatever. We never got wet when it rained, as my dad dug a nice ditch around the tents.

And we always had a fire. He kept the wood in the tent.

Any specific reason you didn't like it?

I've never really slept well until I got a cot.

And the right tent:

3bsgw_lit1_copy.jpg

OK, I just went camping and I gotta get a few things off my chest.

First, I'm a car camper. I'm not gonna pack all my shit and carry it 20 miles into the woods to get away from it all.

On the other hand, if I'm gonna camp, I'm gonna live in a tent, not some HUGE GODDAMN Trailor Home, with air conditioning, big screen TV, and bowling ally or whatever-the-hell these assholes drive out and park next to my tent, blocking the view, running a loud deisel generator, and choking me with fumes. If I'm really unlucky, the owner's wife will weigh 500 lbs and own 3 yapping dogs.

Which brings me to my question: WHY?

My theory is the owners of these mosterous motor homes are momma's boys: They cannot bear to be away from their surrogot mothers, and their wives demand the comforts of home. SHIT! Buncha fucks are ruining the experience for the rest of us.

LEAVE THE WIMMINS AT HOME, FOR CHRISTSSAKES!!:evil:
What makes it most funny is the root of the complaint is about a 500 lbs woman with 3 yappy dogs.

I feel for you Samson. I really do.

See I like both camper and tent camping. I do agree with you that going to a state park (which I prefer as well) is awesome as long as you don't get parked next to Rex Rocketpack and his rolling home of tomorrow with the goddamn tiki lights and generator. THAT can irritate me. Get a bigger friggen battery and do more on propane!!! There's no need for all that electric shit.

Why'd you go into the great outdoors only to sit in your 'expando-bay' living room watching a big screen??? Get out of your capsule, onto a bike and enjoy the nature you paid 10-40 bucks a night to experience!!! Go to the friggen beach and hike a trail! It's why they're there!!!

know what my favorite type of camper was? The old pop-tops. it was half tent but comfy sleeping in the popout bays they had. Awesome for kids. And they were relatively quiet too!!!!. They sucked to set up or tear down when raining, but when is that EVER fun while camping???

Good thread.

fire5.jpg

ystone_emily.jpg

Disgusting.....

...but she is kinda hawt.....I bet she'd be perfect with a sock duct-taped and stuffed in her mouth....and an octopus covering her trembing nekkid torso.
DAMMIT! This is why we can't have nice things!!!! :lol:

know what my favorite type of camper was? The old pop-tops. it was half tent but comfy sleeping in the popout bays they had. Awesome for kids. And they were relatively quiet too!!!!. They sucked to set up or tear down when raining, but when is that EVER fun while camping???

Good thread.

You mean the 5th wheels?

I'll go along with those, because, I actually have what is called a "Truck-Tent" which sets up in the bed of my F-150 where I roll out some carpet, and put up a cot, and run a line from the cab so I can watch DVD's if I wanna.

Good thread.

You mean the 5th wheels?

I'll go along with those, because, I actually have what is called a "Truck-Tent" which sets up in the bed of my F-150 where I roll out some carpet, and put up a cot, and run a line from the cab so I can watch DVD's if I wanna.
That's what my parents use... a fifth wheel trailer. Real monster too, but they don't have a generator I think. They prefer propane like I do as much as possible.

Then again, they have a sweet deal cut with their home state to camp host in the most popular state park. Lucky buggers. So they camp for like 6 weeks out of summer.

Good thread.

You mean the 5th wheels?

That's what my parents use... a fifth wheel trailer. Real monster too, but they don't have a generator I think. They prefer propane like I do as much as possible.

Then again, they have a sweet deal cut with their home state to camp host in the most popular state park. Lucky buggers. So they camp for like 6 weeks out of summer.

Good thread.

You mean the 5th wheels?

Yeah, I thought about walking over to the "camp Host" to bitch about the fucking yapping fat-lady's dog, but then thought: "Samson, just cowboy-up and put in your ear plugs."

You mean the 5th wheels?

Yeah, I thought about walking over to the "camp Host" to bitch about the fucking yapping fat-lady's dog, but then thought: "Samson, just cowboy-up and put in your ear plugs."
no no... ya gotta mosey over to socialize with the camp host. Get to know them and you're in like flynn. Then it comes up sooner or later, and you can bring it up nonchalantly and things get done. :)

Trust me, it's how it works AND you get inside scoops. Camp Hosts are talkative social bunches.

no no... ya gotta mosey over to socialize with the camp host. Get to know them and you're in like flynn. Then it comes up sooner or later, and you can bring it up nonchalantly and things get done. :)

Trust me, it's how it works AND you get inside scoops. Camp Hosts are talkative social bunches.

For fuck's sake: I get out to get away from petty tyranical people, and who do I need to lobby to get a fucking dog to STFU!!

I'm thinking poisoned hamburger.....for the dog OWNERS.

BAH! LOL I've always considered the social aspects of a camp ground too. That never bothered me. But I see your point. It'd have been better if they never showed up. I do get it.

Why not try 'tent only' campgrounds or sections? oh well, I digress.

BAH! LOL I've always considered the social aspects of a camp ground too. That never bothered me. But I see your point. It'd have been better if they never showed up. I do get it.

Why not try 'tent only' campgrounds or sections? oh well, I digress.

Actually, I'm trying a wide range of campgrounds all over WY

Forum List

Back