Handgun for mother in law for home defense

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
My mother in law is a widow and doesn't have much money.

She has been talking about a gun for home defense, and I was thinking of buying her one.

However, I am a little nervous...

I was talking to my mother in law about guns and when to use them and when not to use them.

My mother in law is very stubborn.

1) My mother in law said that she would fire warning shots if someone was coming at her. I told her that was a bad idea because an assasilant can close distance very quickly, take the gun from her, and shoot her.

2) My mother in law said that she would shoot a waring at someone outside the house. I told her that was a bad idea too because she can hit a person in the house across the street.

I told her you shoot only when you feel your life has an imminent threat and you shoot center mass to stop the threat until the threat is gone.

My mother in law didn't seem to believe me.

I am now considering if she is too stubborn to learn when to use a gun and when not to use a gun.

Maybe I should just put her to sleep?

Opinions please?

She has been talking about a gun for home defense, and I was thinking of buying her one.

I was talking to my mother in law about guns and when to use them and when not to use them.

1) My mother in law said that she would fire warning shots if someone was coming at her. I told her that was a bad idea because an assasilant can close distance very quickly, take the gun from her, and shoot her.

2) My mother in law said that she would shoot a waring at someone outside the house. I told her that was a bad idea too because she can hit a person in the house across the street.

I told her you shoot only when you feel your life has an imminent threat and you shoot center mass to stop the threat until the threat is gone.

I am now considering if she is too stubborn to learn when to use a gun and when not to use a gun.

Opinions please?

Get her a paint gun.

Opinions please?

Sign her up for some gun safety classes.

Shot gun. Point and shoot. You don't have to worry about anything going into the house across the street. Just a thought :lol:

She said the shotgun was too heavy, I had her try my 20 gauge.

I was thinking of a 38 revolver.

Do you really think shes going to have the presence of mind to

1 find the gun
2 aim the gun
3 use the gun

before any perp got to her?

Just remember to call before you go to her house. :lol:

I have a .22 taurus revolver that I hardly use. What do you all think?

Light recoil, not much stopping power, which I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing in this case.

Do you really think shes going to have the presence of mind to

1 find the gun
2 aim the gun
3 use the gun

before any perp got to her?

Just remember to call before you go to her house. :lol:
I don't know.

She is making me nervous. She is very stubborn.

Light recoil, not much stopping power, which I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing in this case.

I think that one is a winner.

Still can be dangerous, but not AS dangerous to the people across the street or herself.

you do know they make a taurus revolver that shoots 410 shotgun shells and a 45 caliber long colt?

Thanks, but not for my mother in law.

Maybe I should just get her a water gun.

Good idea, but she already has a small dog, so it won't work.

I don't know.

Why is she making you nervous? And if she is making you nervous maybe a gun for mom is not the best idea. You dont put a gun in the hand of someone how isnt shall we say, capable to handle a gun.

How about some nice pepper spray?

I don't know.

Why is she making you nervous? And if she is making you nervous maybe a gun for mom is not the best idea. You dont put a gun in the hand of someone how isnt shall we say, capable to handle a gun.

How about some nice pepper spray?

For the reasons that I mentioned in my OP

Go down to Tractor Supply Company and buy her a cattle prod. It'll solve her problem quick enough if somebody gets close enough to grab her... and won't have her out taking pot shots at the neighbors. ;)

Oh... and make sure you don't piss her off afterwards. :lol:

Forum List

Back