Quick, EZ & Good Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
You don't often find an easy recipe that is quick and good with few ingredients...

...but IMO this one hits all the marks.

Four basic ingredients plus seasoning and water...and all you have to do is dump it in... pressure cook, and grate some cheese.

I've made this twice now and my recipe is a little different than the original.

I use water and a Knorr soft chicken bullion cube, add more water and cream and more parmesan cheese at the end...plus both times I've made this I used cold but not frozen chicken breasts. The fettuccine goes in dry, but on top of the broth and cream...submerged even just barely...but not touching the bottom much. Then put the chicken on top.

IMG_20221020_195106017.jpg

I added a little Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the liquid before pressure cooking and some dry parsley for color after the sauce has thickened. I seasoned the chicken with some Kinder's all purpose, salt, pepper and garlic powder...the Kinder's was only because it was sitting right there...totally unnecessary.

To hasten the thickening, transfer to a cold serving dish instead of leaving it in the IP. I don't want to wash another dish but I do take the inner pot out to help it cool and thicken faster.

Here's the official recipe...

Great way to use up heavy whipping cream.

Last edited:
We dont use our Instant Pot for much of anything other than hard boiled and soft boiled eggs.
They peel perfectly every time! I have to think it's the pressure that separates the shell from the ....whatever is behind the the shell. :)

In California we just stuff our chickens with Pot. AKA 'Chicken Lorenzo' ,
That looks pretty tasty though, gotta say. I have an Insta-pot, I like to use it for cooking
beans, cooks them amazingly fast.

Instant pot? WTF? I dunno...It seems kinda cruel to chop off R2D2's head and use it as a decorative kitchen gadget on my kitchen counter that I will probably only use maybe once or twice before I haul him off to the scrapyard.

Nothing wrong with an "insta-pot". All it is, is a pressure cooker.
Pressure cooker is fantastic for simple soups. It is also great for tenderizing a roast that didn't get as tender as you liked in the oven.

Nothing wrong with an "insta-pot". All it is, is a pressure cooker.
Pressure cooker is fantastic for simple soups. It is also great for tenderizing a roast that didn't get as tender as you liked in the oven.
I love the instant pot for pot roast.

An hour and it's done.

I love the instant pot for pot roast.

An hour and it's done.

I'm not even going to tell you how we make our pot roast in California,
but I'd like to throw some bacon on that for sure.
havnt tried a pot roast in the insta pot yet

I put it in the over at 450 for about 20 minutes to get the caramelization on the outside... those little crusty bits..mmm
Then finish it in the insta pot.
The roast falls apart and super moist
I usually sear mine in a skillet...but I took your advice (basically) and gave it 10 minutes in the air fryer turning at halfway...and that was much more convenient. :thup:

IMG_20221025_192241257.jpg

Forum List

Back