Cam Newton: Black Man or Black Child

I am a Denver Broncos fan and am happy they won. Even given that though I can see that both Cam and Peyton played like shit. It happens.

There is much to learn in defeat and unfortunately Cam talked a lot of shit and was served with some humble pie which he didn't like. I don't think he is a child, but I do think he has a lot of work to do if he is going to be a leader to the Panthers. I don't think he was childish walking out on the press conference either because let's face it, no one likes to sit up there as the loser but I do think he was not acting as a leader doing that.

Peyton's career is over while Cam's is still going. He still has a chance to redeem himself as a leader and hopefully he takes this experience as a lesson in both how to act properly when they win and how to act properly when you they lose.

I think Cam Newton wears his emotions on his sleeve. When things are going well, he celebrates, smiles ear to ear and dances. When things go bad, he pulls up his hoodie and sulks

I am a Denver Broncos fan and am happy they won. Even given that though I can see that both Cam and Peyton played like shit. It happens.

There is much to learn in defeat and unfortunately Cam talked a lot of shit and was served with some humble pie which he didn't like. I don't think he is a child, but I do think he has a lot of work to do if he is going to be a leader to the Panthers. I don't think he was childish walking out on the press conference either because let's face it, no one likes to sit up there as the loser but I do think he was not acting as a leader doing that.

Peyton's career is over while Cam's is still going. He still has a chance to redeem himself as a leader and hopefully he takes this experience as a lesson in both how to act properly when they win and how to act properly when you they lose.

You've touched on the key point: leader.

Cam is not a leader. He is a good player, that has fun with his teammates when things are going well. He likes to showboat for his teams and fans. He likes to take selfies, and taunt, and pound his chest.

This is not how a leader functions. I think of Tom Brady, or Peyton. Both of those guys celebrate appropriately when they win, or score a TD. But almost immediately, it is back to business. Back to acting like an adult. They lead their team by example that they are in a business, and that future celebrations can only be repeated with hard work and serious dedication.

And when Tom or Peyton lose, they OWN IT. They admit their fault in losing. They don't make up excuses. They don't blame the media. They lead their team by example by showing that EVERYONE is at fault for a loss.

Cam never took any blame for the Super Bowl loss. I heard his explanation for not diving on his fumble, which was essentially saying that he did nothing wrong. BAD LEADERSHIP.

I anticipate the Panthers will drop back to mediocrity, and if not, they will not go far in the playoffs.

I anticipate the Panthers will drop back to mediocrity, and if not, they will not go far in the playoffs.

That will be up to Cam IMO. He can either take this lesson for what it is and work on being a leader or this loss will haunt him and continue his spiral down. I think as you do that he will continue his spiral down, but there is always hope. Next season will tell obviously.

What is a shame is that the Panther's defense played more then well enough to win. The offense just gave the ball away more then did Payton.

I don't know anything about the guy. But he did admit he acted foolishly. That says something.. Guy is young..

What is a shame is that the Panther's defense played more then well enough to win. The offense just gave the ball away more then did Payton.

The same was true for the Denver Defense though. Peyton also made mistakes as well that cost points. The game was about the defenses since both QB were playing like shit. Also, it didn't help all the penalties the players were doing either.

I liked Payton before the game. But why is he getting any credit for the win? A second string quarterback could have played as well. He should get less credit for the win then the punter.

I liked Payton before the game. But why is he getting any credit for the win? A second string quarterback could have played as well. He should get less credit for the win then the punter.

Peyton was along for the ride.

The punter didn't turn the ball over twice

I don't know anything about the guy. But he did admit he acted foolishly. That says something.. Guy is young..

He is also a father, and that is no way to teach your child to act. IMO. He needs to grow up!

He is also a father, and that is no way to teach your child to act. IMO. He needs to grow up!

Some might say that you are racist and that you don't understand black culture.

And some might say you are racist for continuously saying he's black. Why "black man _ black child"
Why not just man/child?

And how is it racist to say he's a father?

Forum List

Back