California to raise its gas tax, already the highest in the nation to 53.6-cents per gallon on July 1

Hell most Americans under fifty can't tell you how may cups are in a pint or pints in a gallon without looking it up.

The sad state of American Education today.

Plenty of time to teach why Timmy is really Tammy and why Johnnie has two mothers and four fathers and 8 siblings by 14 fathers but not enough time to teach the basics like math, science, history and geography.
The pissant is fairly clever for an american. I wasn't playing fair and now I feel bad for him.
Pissant is his own grandpa!

But it's a common mistake to not use imp. ounces when measuring a liter against a UsG
Wrong again drunk, a US gallon is not an imperial gallon. The discussion was clearly not about imperial gallons as it began by discussing CA gas prices and taxes--did you forget the topic--as usual? Boy this is getting old. What was it that Mark Twain said,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” You are a perfect example of the idiot he was talking about.

You're fun as a diversion to heckle but now there's more serious issues to discuss. Quack, quack.
When you enter the discussion it ceases to be serious--only moronic. You should have paid more attention to the instructors in school and less to the diversions. It explains your problem however.

Somebody posted a list that showed Pennsylvania to have the highest tax on gas. The topic here misrepresents that.

If there's anything worth saying on this thread, it's that Americans need to change their attitudes on taxation and come around to welcoming the 'right' kind of taxation.

The huge medical bills for even the insured is the elephant in the taxation topic.

Good governent rejecting corruption and bought off politicians could solv the problem overnight!

Somebody posted a list that showed Pennsylvania to have the highest tax on gas. The topic here misrepresents that.

If there's anything worth saying on this thread, it's that Americans need to change their attitudes on taxation and come around to welcoming the 'right' kind of taxation.

The huge medical bills for even the insured is the elephant in the taxation topic.

Good governent rejecting corruption and bought off politicians could solv the problem overnight!
Like $0.69 CAD per liter fuel tax in Montreal? Bought off politicians? Like Turdeau? You can spew your idiocy for another day if you like duck, but let me know when Mr. Molson comes to visit you.

No.

California pumps out the highest state gas tax rate of 66.98 cents per gallon, followed by Illinois (59.56 cpg), Pennsylvania (58.7 cpg), and New Jersey (50.7 cpg). The lowest state gas tax rates can be found in Alaska at 14.98 cents per gallon, followed by Missouri (17.42 cpg) and Mississippi (18.79 cpg).

The discussion was about the price per gallon, not the fuel tax.
Here is the thread title and what the discussion is about:

California to raise its gas tax, already the highest in the nation to 53.6-cents per gallon on July 1​

30-40 years ago California had the title....
You know what I heard today? My friends daughter lives and works in California. I forget what she does but here in Michigan that job would pay $45K. In California, she makes $85K and she can barely make ends meet.

The point is, I want you to stop telling us how expensive things in California are. It's not fucking relative. Doesn't matter if an apple costs
double what it costs here if people make double.

So anyone who can't afford to live in California, must not be making the average wage. Because the average person out there makes the average wage that can pay these high costs of living. If you can't, that means you don't have a good job in California. Yea, it would suck to live in California if you don't have a college degree or a skill that is marketable. Is that who you are complaining for?

So yea, if you aren't making at least $85K, you probably shouldn't live in California. But almost every job in California pays at least that much.

Don't look to our states and think you are going to get our low cost of living and $85K. You can't have it both ways. If you move here you're only going to make $40K. So that cheap apple is basically going to cost you just as much, relatively speaking.

You know what I heard today? My friends daughter lives and works in California. I forget what she does but here in Michigan that job would pay $45K. In California, she makes $85K and she can barely make ends meet.

The point is, I want you to stop telling us how expensive things in California are. It's not fucking relative. Doesn't matter if an apple costs
double what it costs here if people make double.

So anyone who can't afford to live in California, must not be making the average wage. Because the average person out there makes the average wage that can pay these high costs of living. If you can't, that means you don't have a good job in California. Yea, it would suck to live in California if you don't have a college degree or a skill that is marketable. Is that who you are complaining for?

So yea, if you aren't making at least $85K, you probably shouldn't live in California. But almost every job in California pays at least that much.

Don't look to our states and think you are going to get our low cost of living and $85K. You can't have it both ways. If you move here you're only going to make $40K. So that cheap apple is basically going to cost you just as much, relatively speaking.
no every job in California does not pay that much....you say a lot of stupid shit bobo.....

no every job in California does not pay that much....you say a lot of stupid shit bobo.....
The woman's daughter is a nurses assistant or something that here in MI pays around $45K. She said her daughter made around $85K and she could barely make ends meet. So I'm assuming anyone in Cali with a skilled job makes around $85K. That's how they are able to survive in California dummy.

Or are you pretending that a vet tech in Cali makes the same as a vet tech in MI? Or a Pharmacist. Or a plumber charges the same rates regardless of the state? No.

That's why your car registration is double what ours is. You all make double.

California's current minimum wage is $15 per hour for employers with at least 26 workers and $14 per hour for employers with fewer workers

Michigan's minimum wage will move up to$9.87 per hour

So clearly it's not apples to apples

In 2020, the average annual pay of employees in California totaled to 79,495 U.S. dollars. This is a significant increase from 2001, when the average annual pay of employees was 41,327 U.S. dollars.

So you guys are unfairly bashing California.

The average annual wage in 2019 in the US was $51,916.27, and the median annual wage was $34,248.45.

How am I saying stupid shit? Clearly you must be missing the point.

As of May 19, 2022, the average annual pay for the Average jobs category in Michigan is $59,093 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $28.41 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,136/week or $4,924/month.

So the average person in Cali makes $80K. In MI it's $60K. You have an extra $20,000 to play with.

The woman's daughter is a nurses assistant or something that here in MI pays around $45K. She said her daughter made around $85K and she could barely make ends meet. So I'm assuming anyone in Cali with a skilled job makes around $85K. That's how they are able to survive in California dummy.

Or are you pretending that a vet tech in Cali makes the same as a vet tech in MI? Or a Pharmacist. Or a plumber charges the same rates regardless of the state? No.

That's why your car registration is double what ours is. You all make double.

California's current minimum wage is $15 per hour for employers with at least 26 workers and $14 per hour for employers with fewer workers

Michigan's minimum wage will move up to$9.87 per hour

So clearly it's not apples to apples

In 2020, the average annual pay of employees in California totaled to 79,495 U.S. dollars. This is a significant increase from 2001, when the average annual pay of employees was 41,327 U.S. dollars.

So you guys are unfairly bashing California.

The average annual wage in 2019 in the US was $51,916.27, and the median annual wage was $34,248.45.

How am I saying stupid shit? Clearly you must be missing the point.

As of May 19, 2022, the average annual pay for the Average jobs category in Michigan is $59,093 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $28.41 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,136/week or $4,924/month.

So the average person in Cali makes $80K. In MI it's $60K. You have an extra $20,000 to play with.
you have no idea what goes on in california.....there thousands of people in california who make less than that....and my car registration here in Nevada is higher than what i paid in Cal....even the people delivering mail dont make 80 grand a year.....average person makes 80K....my ass they do....

you have no idea what goes on in california.....there thousands of people in california who make less than that....and my car registration here in Nevada is higher than what i paid in Cal....even the people delivering mail dont make 80 grand a year.....average person makes 80K....my ass they do....
This is a recent development schmuck. People in California all got a major raise recently. Maybe you should have stuck around. LOL. You would have got a huge raise. Of course you'd still be barely getting by but........

And who cares about the poor people who make less than that? Suddenly you want to do what for poor people who have no job skills?

And you are right Harry. We have no idea what goes on in California. That's why you try to use it as a boogieman and say they suck and the rest of America is great. Fine, go move to Texas. People seem real happy in Texas. Rampage Capital of America the last 5 years.

Now you will blame it on Democratic cities within the Great State of Texas I'm sure. LOL.

When's the last time you delivered mail in California? Did you read this part of my post?

That looks to me like everyone except you got a huge raise Harry. Maybe they were trying to tell you something. Get out?

Forum List

Back