California Says Don’t Charge Electric Cars

The government gave credits for building windmills, but not for fixing them. The payback is so poor they aren't worth fixing, so they don't. When they break, they simply stop working.

Democrats are just stupid

Voters are stupider.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Well enough of the I'm smart and Californians are dumb BS. Most electric charging goes on during daylight hours. Currently we have several hydroelectric generation plants off line. We also have a dam under reconstruction that generates oodles of power.
I will not leave this great state as there are no other states that are livable in my opinion. Now europe or mexico would be far better than say georgia.
A dam under construction that creates oodles of power? Would this be a damn that steal water from the Mexican side of the border creating droughts and drying up their lakes?

One doesn't need to be an Einstein to figure out the best time to due certain things is during off-peak hours. But then those that believe our future is grounded in coal probably will require an extra measure of guidance.
So you can only charge between midnight and 5AM to get to work and that’s a good thing?

It seems quite normal for electric car owners to charge their cars overnight. Our electric company here in the Arizona desert offers savings for going on a time-of-use plan to encourage usage during off-peak hours.

1624310144212.png

Time of Use plan

One doesn't need to be an Einstein to figure out the best time to due certain things is during off-peak hours. But then those that believe our future is grounded in coal probably will require an extra measure of guidance.
So you can only charge between midnight and 5AM to get to work and that’s a good thing?

It seems quite normal for electric car owners to charge their cars overnight. Our electric company here in the Arizona desert offers savings for going on a time-of-use plan to encourage usage during off-peak hours.

Time of Use plan
Is that why California has asked all EV owners not to recharge period?

Well enough of the I'm smart and Californians are dumb BS. Most electric charging goes on during daylight hours. Currently we have several hydroelectric generation plants off line. We also have a dam under reconstruction that generates oodles of power.
I will not leave this great state as there are no other states that are livable in my opinion. Now europe or mexico would be far better than say georgia.
A dam under construction that creates oodles of power? Would this be a damn that steal water from the Mexican side of the border creating droughts and drying up their lakes?
The dam is under reconstruction and has major generation capacity.

• Disagree
Reactions: 007

Time of Use plan
I would suggest you read some information at this California and charging EV's - Google Search

• Disagree
Reactions: 007

Time of Use plan
I would suggest you read some information at this California and charging EV's - Google Search
The most recent link in you "Google search".

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Time of Use plan
The most recent link in you "Google search".

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
1624320278290.jpeg

Time of Use plan
Now what happens with no electricity to s charging station?

Time of Use plan
Now what happens with no electricity to s charging station?
Because the tech will never improve. Ever. Derp.

This comes from people thinking with emotion over intellect...libs feel better when they are told they are saving the planet but they don't stop to think about it or think it through...
CA is about to make even a bigger mistake by placing windmills off shore.....again....not thinking it through....
The big problem with offshore windmill farms is that salt water is horribly corrosive. The maintenance of those windmills is going to be horribly expensive. Even stainless steel corrodes in a saltwater environment.

This comes from people thinking with emotion over intellect...libs feel better when they are told they are saving the planet but they don't stop to think about it or think it through...
CA is about to make even a bigger mistake by placing windmills off shore.....again....not thinking it through....
The big problem with offshore windmill farms is that salt water is horribly corrosive. The maintenance of those windmills is going to be horribly expensive. Even stainless steel corrodes in a saltwater environment.
That's why there is such a large effort in anti-corrosion tech and methods.

Again, I read that Mexico is short water because the Gringos on the US side have been diverting the water for California energy---drying up Mexican lakes and making impossible for mexican farmers and cartels to grow their crops....creating misery and poverty on the mexican side. Is this what this dam is actually doing?

Again, I read that Mexico is short water because the Gringos on the US side have been diverting the water for California energy---drying up Mexican lakes and making impossible for mexican farmers and cartels to grow their crops....creating misery and poverty on the mexican side. Is this what this dam is actually doing?
You tell us.

As the population soars--there will be no off peak hours...ergo electric car useless.

That's not true. There is clearly more energy available at night. But it's pretty stupid to tell people they can't charge their cars during the day if they need to.

But clearly you're right on the central issue that Democrats are pushing us to electric cars yet still oppose any sort of energy generation as if it doesn't take energy to charge electric cars
The wind almost always dies off at night and the sun goes down, so the only “clean” energy available most nights is hydro and atomic and California does not have many hydroelectric or atomic plants.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back