Zone1 California reparations might cost $559 billion

This is insane. He should be impeached over this. No slave descendent deserves reparations.

If your great grandfather had been a slaveowner and left you a million dollars, would you accept it? Of course you would. By the same token, current day African-Americans are entitled to the wealth that was produced by their enslaved ancestors. :smile:

I am not 10 generations removed from slavery. I am only 3 generations removed.
Just like reparations to Japanese Americans over internment were ruled unconstitutional.... right? 😄
The reparations weren’t based upon race. Plus they were paid to the actual victims, not their descendants. It was also a much smaller number
I am not 10 generations removed from slavery. I am only 3 generations removed.
So you had at least one ancestor who was a slave in 1910? Tell us more. A generation is thirty years.

The reparations weren’t based upon race. Plus they were paid to the actual victims, not their descendants. It was also a much smaller number
So you had at least one ancestor who was a slave in 1910? Tell us more. A generation is thirty years.
You should of read the article. These reparations are being paid to victims of housing discrimination between the 1930s and 1970s. It just so happens that the vast majority of people who suffered housing discrimination during that period were black.

If reparations happen, and that's a big IF, this is an example of what the outcome is going to be if you give straight cash. Dude wins cash, buys gold chain, proceeds to where gold chain, proceeds to get mugged and robbed for his gold chain by his own damn race.

I appreciate that the focus is not on ancestors of slaves. That honestly is a broad brush and is almost impossible to track and get right.
However, any reparations opens a huge can of social worms. For example, student loan forgiveness. For those that would receive, it sounds like a great plan. But at the end of the day, the ultimate question is, who's going to pay for it? Is it fair to forgive debts of those who still owe and while ignoring those that paid in full their own debt?

So CA decides to give grants for housing? To whom, how is that figured out? What about Blacks that have bought their own home by working for it and paying cash or utilizing a mortgage? How would a housing grant be any different than section 8 or gov't subsidized housing? As a Black American, you're still getting the same damn service with a different name on it. Instead of calling it Gov't Subsidized housing we will call it "Reparational Residency". Same damn thing.

Then what's next. You buy a house and still don't know how to manage your money, nor the ability to afford it, maintain, pay property taxes, etc., Then you lose said "Reparational Residency".

I do think that Tuition makes some sense. Educate. Learn how to live properly in a society so you can become productive and can provide a means for yourself and a potential family. There should be restrictions on the education. No liberal arts BS. Math, Sciences, Business, Entrepreneurial, Trades, or other educational grants that lead to a strong financial path.

California already has about $360 billion in debt so that will be a nice additon.

What I don't understand is where all that money will come from. It better not be from federal taxpayers. Thank God the House has a GOP majority starting in January, they surely wouldn't pass anything like this.

You should of read the article. These reparations are being paid to victims of housing discrimination between the 1930s and 1970s. It just so happens that the vast majority of people who suffered housing discrimination during that period were black.
If that's the case, you are going to have a few hundred thousand people qualifying. They will have to prove they were discriminated against and no one keeps records for seventy or more years.

Is that true?! Then that would mean some in my family might be entitled to reparations due to exclusion of Jews. Of course, none would want it - everyone found places to live where they WERE accepted and made successful lives despite Jewish restrictions.

Is that true?! Then that would mean some in my family might be entitled to reparations due to exclusion of Jews. Of course, none would want it - everyone found places to live where they WERE accepted and made successful lives despite Jewish restrictions.
Sure Lisa. Because you're special. You are so much better than black people. 😄

Sure Lisa. Because you're special. You are so much better than black people. 😄
Whoever said that? You’re doing the nasty liberal thing again: puttimg words into the mouths of your opponent that they didn’t say, and then condemning them for it.

What I said was is if this reparations bill is based on housing discrimination, then Jews could qualify also - but noted that they have moved past that. Why do you think you’re so much better than Jews?

Last edited:
I think Gavin Newson is more appealing as a national candidate than DeSantis or any other Republican I can think of. Republicans have a hard time winning the Presidency unless the Electoral College helps them. ;)
You expect people to work and keep paying for this bullshit. We are done.

Whoever said that? You’re doing the nasty liberal thing again: puttimg words into the mouths of your opponent that they didn’t say, and then condemning them for it.

What I said was is if this reparations bill is based on housing discrimination, then Jews could qualify also - but noted that they have moved past that. Why do you think you’re so much better than Jews?
😄

You always have to be a little victim while at the same time telling us all how much victimhood you overcame. Jews didn't move past anything, they weren't discriminated against to the extent that Black Americans were.

Let's see here, California has a little shy of 40 million people. 56 billion dollars equals around 1400 dollars per capita.

So the plan here is to take 1400 dollars from all the people who never enslaved anybody and give it to those who not only have never been slaves, but have spent their life in a system already rigged in their favor via affirmative action.

Yeah, THAT makes sense!

It may be coming, but that doesn't make it right. Why would anyone 10 generations removed from the effects of slavery be entitled to monetary reparations?
California is mostly immigrants. I doubt they will agree with this nonsense.

This isn't political. This idiocy is the result of an all black committee. They will next take up reparations for black incarceration.

Let's see here, California has a little shy of 40 million people. 56 billion dollars equals around 1400 dollars per capita.

So the plan here is to take 1400 dollars from all the people who never enslaved anybody and give it to those who not only have never been slaves, but have spent their life in a system already rigged in their favor via affirmative action.

Yeah, THAT makes sense!

Those people are crazy. Where the hell do they think they can get that money from?

What I don't understand is where all that money will come from. It better not be from federal taxpayers. Thank God the House has a GOP majority starting in January, they surely wouldn't pass anything like this.
If this is a state law, it won't need to be passed by the House of Representitives will it?

Forum List

Back