Zone1 California reparations might cost $559 billion

The reparations weren’t based upon race. Plus they were paid to the actual victims, not their descendants. It was also a much smaller number
So you had at least one ancestor who was a slave in 1910? Tell us more. A generation is thirty years.
I don't count a generation as 30 years. I count it this way:
My great grandfather was born a slave in 1954
My grandfather , his son, was born in 1879
My Mom was born in 1913
I was born in 1955.
So, that 3 generations from me.

I know how you can avoid paying for any of it. MOVE to another country. :bye1:
Or….stay out of leftist states that want to hand over more money to blacks because ancestors they never met were slaves, and make people who were never slaveholders pay for it.

If this is a state law, it won't need to be passed by the House of Representitives will it?

The US House does not need to pass state laws from any state. But the question is funding, if CA wants federal assistance then the US House would have to authorize that expenditure. That's all I meant, I don't see where CA can find that kind of money without getting it from the US Gov't.

The US House does not need to pass state laws from any state. But the question is funding, if CA wants federal assistance then the US House would have to authorize that expenditure. That's all I meant, I don't see where CA can find that kind of money without getting it from the US Gov't.
OK. I understand.

I know how you can avoid paying for any of it. MOVE to another country. :bye1:
Having lived your entire life under a system that gives you first crack at schooling and employment opportunities, the question you SHOULD be asking is why you feel justified in shaking down the government for free money which has been taken from people who do not enjoy your considerable privilege.

My Mom was born in 1913
I was born in 1955.
The standard definition of a generation is thirty years. You can say whatever you want, but you can't force the rest of us to acknowledge your nonsense.

The standard definition of a generation is thirty years. You can say whatever you want, but you can't force the rest of us to acknowledge your nonsense.
Besides, her great-grandfather, whom she never met, was a free man by the time he was 12. Then came her grandfather, born in 1879 and whom she MIGHT have met s a child. (If she was born in ‘55, her grandfather was ALREADY 76.) Then came her Mom, two generations past the 10-year-old slave boy. And then her, nearly 100 years after slavery.

A comparison is often made to how Germany paid Holocaust survivors reparations, but of course that was to direct survivors who were maimed for life. But the immediate family - just ONE generation down - got NOTHING if there were no survivors. My grandmother lost her mother, sister, brother-in-law and their four teenaged children - all murdered - and my Grandma got nothing. Nor did she think she should, and she never spoke of it to me. (I only know because my Dad told me.)

My Mom was born in 1913
I was born in 1955.
The universally accepted definition of a generation is thirty years. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own “facts.”

You cuck whites can cosplay all you like reparations are coming and all you white Republican tax payers in California will helping to foot the bill. :finger3:
Nope. Taxpayers will move out of California to avoid being fiscally raped by the government. As it is, almost all of the proper fleeing California are taxpayers, this will make it worse. With the taxpayers gone, where do you think the liberals will get the money? They can’t print it like D.C. can, so they will have to nationalize Whatever industry will be left and that won’t work because owners will walk away and California has a bad record for fiscal responsibility and will kill the golden goose.

Can't Gov Newsom pass the Reparations Bill as an Executive Order?
If CA is like the federal government, the chief executive cannot single-handedly decide to give money out, particularly when it goes only to a specific race. It has to go through the legislative body.

Can't Gov Newsom pass the Reparations Bill as an Executive Order?
By way of further explanation, see the link below. The mayor of San Francisco couldn’t just decide to give out free money to people of a specific race….it has to be approved by the Board of Supervisors.

Single-handedly giving taxpayer funds to one race of people would be just as unfair and illegal as if a Jewish mayor decided to distribute taxpayer funds just to Jews.

Forum List

Back