California Drought Part Of Dem Attacks On Farmers/Ranchers

Sometimes I think muddy lives in the twilight zone.

But how did Obama cause the drought?

This ought to be good.

Most of the area is a desert.

Figure it out.....

Obama caused there to be a desert? No way.

Hey let me ask you this muddy. Has there ever been fights over water in this part of the country before? Was the movie "Chinatown" just a made up story? Did Obama cause those fights before?

I ask because I think there is something inherently wrong with watering a desert. No matter how much food it can grow, it is a desert. All those fishies. They don't live in a desert. They live in water. They need that water to live like you and I need those strawberries and heads of lettuce.

But wait. I CAN live without those strawberries and heads of lettuce. Can those fish live without water?

Or does it make no fucking difference if those fish live or die to you muddy. If it makes no damn difference, just say so.

But don't expect everybody to feel that way.

And it wasn't Obama's fault there is a desert and a drought. I think they go hand and hand.

i got news for you Zeke....on that little strip of "desert" just about 10% of the Countries produce is grown something like 240 different kinds not just the 2 you mentioned......add in that other strip of Desert down in Imperial Valley another very fertile area and it may approach close to 15%....the fish and farmers have gotten along all these years there is no reason to think they still cant.....im sure the Ag Scientists have learned a few things over the years....

In California it doesn't rain all that much, especially in the South. So they built reservoirs to hold the rain water that comes during the rainy season. The level of the reservoirs changes as much as 100 feet.

I used to live within eyesight of one when I lived in Spring Valley just outside of San Diego.

Last edited:
Most of the area is a desert.

Figure it out.....

Hey let me ask you this muddy. Has there ever been fights over water in this part of the country before? Was the movie "Chinatown" just a made up story? Did Obama cause those fights before?

I ask because I think there is something inherently wrong with watering a desert. No matter how much food it can grow, it is a desert. All those fishies. They don't live in a desert. They live in water. They need that water to live like you and I need those strawberries and heads of lettuce.

But wait. I CAN live without those strawberries and heads of lettuce. Can those fish live without water?

Or does it make no fucking difference if those fish live or die to you muddy. If it makes no damn difference, just say so.

And it wasn't Obama's fault there is a desert and a drought. I think they go hand and hand.

i got news for you Zeke....on that little strip of "desert" just about 10% of the Countries produce is grown something like 240 different kinds not just the 2 you mentioned......add in that other strip of Desert down in Imperial Valley another very fertile area and it may approach close to 15%....the fish and farmers have gotten along all these years there is no reason to think they still cant.....im sure the Ag Scientists have learned a few things over the years....

Oh harry, I got news to. There is a drought. A severe drought. I don't have a drought were I live. And I don't care if I eat any produce from the region you mention. I have a lot of local food producers as well as growing a garden.

If I had to depend on farmers feeding me by growing food in a desert 2000 miles away, well that wouldn't be very fucking smart of me, would it. You do know that it doesn't rain much in deserts.
And food crops need water. And so what about irrigation. No one said they had to irrigate a desert. Who thought of that idea?

Why didn't the farmers of CA develop a desalinization process for their water? You know Calif. is right next to an ocean.

Nah, the fish need that water more than I need watermelons from the central valley. Chances are, you don't need that food grown in CA to survive either. You just want something else to bitch about.

Oh harry, I got news to. There is a drought. A severe drought. I don't have a drought were I live. And I don't care if I eat any produce from the region you mention. I have a lot of local food producers as well as growing a garden.

If I had to depend on farmers feeding me by growing food in a desert 2000 miles away, well that wouldn't be very fucking smart of me, would it. You do know that it doesn't rain much in deserts.
And food crops need water. And so what about irrigation. No one said they had to irrigate a desert. Who thought of that idea?

Why didn't the farmers of CA develop a desalinization process for their water? You know Calif. is right next to an ocean.

Nah, the fish need that water more than I need watermelons from the central valley. Chances are, you don't need that food grown in CA to survive either. You just want something else to bitch about.

Jesus you're a dumb-ass.

They don't use Saltwater.

This water comes from Lake Meade........
....which wouldn't exist without the Hoover Dam....which made farming in the Imperial Valley possible.
California_Svc_Areas.gif

Hoover Dam is in Nevada......which Harry Reid controls........

89860-004-F57B199C.gif

Last edited:
How did the President cause three consecutive years of below-normal rainfall in Ca? I must have missed that part!

That wasn't the claim as I read it, Blindy.

And you know it, too, don't you. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Naughty, naughty.

What part of the statement "Obama Blames California Drought He Caused on Global Warming" do you not understand Becki?

Now it would be different if they said that the president was not doing enough to help alleviate the problems caused by this drought for the farmers in the region. But that wasn't the case was it?

How did the President cause three consecutive years of below-normal rainfall in Ca? I must have missed that part!

Naughty, naughty.

What part of the statement "Obama Blames California Drought He Caused on Global Warming" do you not understand Becki?

Now it would be different if they said that the president was not doing enough to help alleviate the problems caused by this drought for the farmers in the region. But that wasn't the case was it?

Drought is a constant state in the desert.

What part of that don't you understand?

So what you are saying is "Fuck the farmers. I don't care!"?

Naughty, naughty.

California’s Water Year 2014 (October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014) has been one of the driest in decades and follows two consecutive dry years throughout the state.

Rainfall precipitation also has been far below normal during this water year as recorded by stations throughout the Sierras. The eight stations in the Northern Sierra recorded little more than 15 inches from October through February, or only 44 percent of the seasonal average of about 35 inches during that period. The five stations in the San Joaquin region had similar readings; the 10 inches of rain that fell on those stations from October through February was 37 percent of the seasonable average of 27.5 inches.

Water Conditions

California’s Water Year 2014 (October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014) has been one of the driest in decades and follows two consecutive dry years throughout the state.

Rainfall precipitation also has been far below normal during this water year as recorded by stations throughout the Sierras. The eight stations in the Northern Sierra recorded little more than 15 inches from October through February, or only 44 percent of the seasonal average of about 35 inches during that period. The five stations in the San Joaquin region had similar readings; the 10 inches of rain that fell on those stations from October through February was 37 percent of the seasonable average of 27.5 inches.

Water Conditions

I lived there for 10 years. I don't need you lecturing me on what the weather is.

You have years when it's extremely dry and then all of the sudden it's a deluge.

But that's irrelevant. Most of the water that feeds the farms in the Imperial Valley comes from Colorado. When the snow melts the water levels rise. So far this year the snow pack is above normal.......You'll never hear anything about that from the media or the Democrats.

graphingengine_sp.php

http://www.snowpack.water-data.com/uppercolorado/index.php

Last edited:

Water Conditions

I lived there for 10 years. I don't need you lecturing me on what the weather is.

You have years when it's extremely dry and then all of the sudden it's a deluge.

But that's irrelevant. Most of the water that feeds the farms in the Imperial Valley comes from Colorado. When the snow melts the water levels rise. So far this year the snow pack is above normal.......You'll never hear anything about that from the media or the Democrats.

graphingengine_sp.php

Upper Colorado River Snowpack Database

UCRB Home | U.S. Drought Portal

Water Conditions

graphingengine_sp.php

Dude,.....you're reaching......reality obviously doesn't matter to you.

rockbottom.jpg

graphingengine_sp.php

Dude,.....you're reaching......reality obviously doesn't matter to you.

Even your own graphic doesn't show what you think it shows. At one point in the winter yeah the snow pack was above the median, however notice how fast this year it is dropping. Now my link shows the drought conditions for the entire Colorado River Basin but that doesn't fit the narrative that this has been somehow caused by the Presidents policies.

gee Zeke you sound like those nasty Republicans you love to hate.....hey i got mine...fuck everyone else....California has lots of droughts Zeke....lots of people around the Country get their produce from here ....and as far as the desalinization plant....why dont you ask your leftist buddies who run this State why they dont build one?...see what they tell you.......and the central valley has Mediterranean Climate not desert climate....at the Southern tip it is considered a Semi-Desert....and yes it can get hot in the summer time.....and there is lots of produce your local growers dont grow locally......

Naughty, naughty.

its not classified as a Desert....just because it gets hot does not mean its a desert.....down by Bakersfield it is considered Semi-Desert....but as you go north its Mediterranean...

California Drought Part Of Dem Attacks On Farmers/Ranchers
OMG! It is sooooo fun seeing stupid threads like this. Like Global warming is a liberal Voodoo doll!
BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

its not classified as a Desert....just because it gets hot does not mean its a desert.....down by Bakersfield it is considered Semi-Desert....but as you go north its Mediterranean...

Semi-Desert......that's a good one......lol

:cuckoo:

Obama Blames California Drought He Caused on Global Warming
February 16, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

A stream of water trickles on the bottom of the Almaden Reservoir near San Jose

I hear Global Warming was also responsible for ObamaCare, the National Debt and Obama’s poor golf game.

Obama helped cause the drought in California and now he’s going to blame Global Warming and funnel more money to the Green Mafia over a drought that the Green Mafia thinks doesn’t go far enough.

The House will pass legislation next week that would restore the flow of water to farms, homes and businesses in California’s Central Valley, to help victims of what congressional Republicans say is a drought that is being made worse by the Obama administration.

In 2009, the Obama administration upset that agreement by requiring the diversion of water away from farmers and residents to help ensure enough water for salmon and a three-inch fish called the Delta smelt. The Obama administration justified this under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), but California Republicans say this decision led to a government-created drought for regions of California’s Central Valley.

The bill would require California to restore water deliveries to the Central Valley that were made under the 1994 Bay Delta Accord, which the GOP says was a compromise between residents, farms, environmentalists, and the state and federal government.

“Environmentalists have decided that fish are more important than the unemployed,” said House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.). He said the bill “puts families before fish.”

Earlier in the day, the Obama administration said it opposes the bill and Obama would veto it if it made it to his desk.

Obama has a better idea. Of course.

Obama on Friday will travel to California to announce new executive actions to combat the state’s drought and will attribute the growing frequency of such conditions to climate change.

Obama will announce the expediting of $100 million in assistance for livestock producers, $60 million in food-bank funding for families affected by the drought and another $15 million for areas nationwide most severely harmed by dry conditions.

On a broader level, the president will use his trip to Fresno, Calif. to urge leaders to do more to fight climate change. The president will call for a $1 billion “climate resilience fund” in his budget next month, according to the White House.

Just no actual water. But $1 billion for the Green Mafia’s Eco-Hoax that is impoverishing farmers and ranchers.

I had read that.

They shut off water to the farmers, turning lush farmland into a desert, over a fucking little fish. One has to wonder what some people use for brains??

As for his green bullshit?? Seems to me its a waste of tax dollars. Solyndra anyone??

Obama Blames California Drought He Caused on Global Warming
February 16, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

A stream of water trickles on the bottom of the Almaden Reservoir near San Jose

I hear Global Warming was also responsible for ObamaCare, the National Debt and Obama’s poor golf game.

Obama helped cause the drought in California and now he’s going to blame Global Warming and funnel more money to the Green Mafia over a drought that the Green Mafia thinks doesn’t go far enough.

The House will pass legislation next week that would restore the flow of water to farms, homes and businesses in California’s Central Valley, to help victims of what congressional Republicans say is a drought that is being made worse by the Obama administration.

In 2009, the Obama administration upset that agreement by requiring the diversion of water away from farmers and residents to help ensure enough water for salmon and a three-inch fish called the Delta smelt. The Obama administration justified this under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), but California Republicans say this decision led to a government-created drought for regions of California’s Central Valley.

The bill would require California to restore water deliveries to the Central Valley that were made under the 1994 Bay Delta Accord, which the GOP says was a compromise between residents, farms, environmentalists, and the state and federal government.

“Environmentalists have decided that fish are more important than the unemployed,” said House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.). He said the bill “puts families before fish.”

Earlier in the day, the Obama administration said it opposes the bill and Obama would veto it if it made it to his desk.

Obama has a better idea. Of course.

Obama on Friday will travel to California to announce new executive actions to combat the state’s drought and will attribute the growing frequency of such conditions to climate change.

Obama will announce the expediting of $100 million in assistance for livestock producers, $60 million in food-bank funding for families affected by the drought and another $15 million for areas nationwide most severely harmed by dry conditions.

On a broader level, the president will use his trip to Fresno, Calif. to urge leaders to do more to fight climate change. The president will call for a $1 billion “climate resilience fund” in his budget next month, according to the White House.

Just no actual water. But $1 billion for the Green Mafia’s Eco-Hoax that is impoverishing farmers and ranchers.

CA has had water issues since Mark Twain worked in San Francisco and has been attributed to writing: "Whiskey is for drinking; water is for fighting over."

CA farmers are known to waste water. Anyone who has driven 5 through the Central Valley will see massive farms being watered by hoses and large sprinklers in the summer heat. Even homeowners in CA have converted to drip systems, why haven't the owners of these farmers converted? Maybe the OP would address that issue too.

Let's not forget the large farms have nearly drained the once might San Joaquin River, in many areas the only thing able to breed and flourish are mosquitoes in small pools where once the might river roamed.

Blaming Obama again is one more example that Mudwhistle hates the POTUS and compulsively posts threads demeaning him excessively and compulsively. Nothing he posts should be considered credible for he is a notorious liar by both commission and omission.

So what you are saying is "Fuck the farmers. I don't care!"?

and the people who do depend on that produce....

Semi-Desert......that's a good one......lol

:cuckoo:

its another word for Semi-arid climate..... intermediate between desert climates and humid climates....just because you lived here 10 years Mud does not make you an expert on California...going by that logic i must be a Prof of Cal then because i have been here for 47 years.....

Forum List

Back