California Burning

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

‘The Whole World Was on Fire’: Infernos Choke California, Piling On the Grief
In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
You know how leftists love to shove God or Jesus in the faces of the right when it suits them?

Yeah, God might have remembered too...

How bout all the times the wackadoodle left says they wouldn't piss on a Republican if he were on fire?

How bout all the times the left mock "hope & prayers"?

Karma is a motherfucker it seems
Paradise is filled with racists. I know two different sets of people that moved away from there specifically because of the racism.

It seems that fire season in California is now unending. No beginning and no end. It is the new normal for those in California in particular, but also out west in general. They are our fellow citizens and we need to offer them all the support we can.

In the summer of 1998, Florida had its wildfire crisis. I remember the air was so dense with smoke you needed to drive with your headlights on. The smell of burning debris was everywhere. Entire neighborhoods were closed off and the sound of fire truck sirens were common. I'll never forget the sky. The sky was like a blue desert barren of all clouds. Every day that scorching sun with no end in sight.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad, for the time I was with my parents, with the department's one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds eventually returned and the rains fell. The crisis was over.

But every year could be the year of the next drought. We need to be cognizant that but for the grace of God go I.

I can understand what the people of California are going through. We live in Florida where every summer we face hurricane season and their destructive power. If you ask me the drought and raging fires were every bit as bad, and thankfully, the drought has not returned.

We also need to remember that all people should come together in these times. No one gave a damn about your politics only that you were there to help.
No, actually I have nothing but contempt for these people. Wealthy rich white people that choose to live in areas that have high fire risks, historically. So they can get away from all those yucky poor whites, blacks and illegals aliens. Some call that karma, you can't escape it. And don't give me that deer in the headlights "you are shocked" response, either.
You mean Paradise, the low to medium income RETIREMENT community?

Where good people like our own Gracie have been literally burned out of their home.

Mary takes the prize for the most profoundly ignorant head-up-the-ass post of the month, if not the fucking YEAR.
"Where good people like our own Gracie have been literally burned out of their home."

You do realize Gracie is a racist dont you?

We are at war, except our side hasn't started fighting yet.

Paradise was burned according to the strategies the usfs/blm and other government agencies have in place. The objective is to prevent resource access and drive the population into the cities. Or kill them, either way they're good.

It isn't accidental, it isn't a *failure*. The USFS/BLM and other unconstitutional agencies are accomplishing exactly what they were created to accomplish..they are prying resources from the American people..both private and public, and they are chasing us from our rural lands.

46257005_1368863593244544_6857509883336458240_n.jpg

We are at war, except our side hasn't started fighting yet.

Paradise was burned according to the strategies the usfs/blm and other government agencies have in place. The objective is to prevent resource access and drive the population into the cities. Or kill them, either way they're good.

It isn't accidental, it isn't a *failure*. The USFS/BLM and other unconstitutional agencies are accomplishing exactly what they were created to accomplish..they are prying resources from the American people..both private and public, and they are chasing us from our rural lands.

46257005_1368863593244544_6857509883336458240_n.jpg
:cuckoo:

No, actually I have nothing but contempt for these people. Wealthy rich white people that choose to live in areas that have high fire risks, historically. So they can get away from all those yucky poor whites, blacks and illegals aliens. Some call that karma, you can't escape it. And don't give me that deer in the headlights "you are shocked" response, either.

Where good people like our own Gracie have been literally burned out of their home.

Mary takes the prize for the most profoundly ignorant head-up-the-ass post of the month, if not the fucking YEAR.
"Where good people like our own Gracie have been literally burned out of their home."

No, I don't realize any such thing. What I do realize is that Gracie's a human and in need.
And that is all I need to know. Period.

So far it was campers that set the fire and high winds with no precipitation in months.....Is Trump going to make God produce some rain?

We actually had a substantial rain a few weeks ago. The dead brush the EPA protects has been there for decades.

Trump is right.
So you insinuate Cal welcomes these fires ,that they can stop them like Moses parted the Red Sea?
California stops every small fire AND refuses to allow dead brush to be cleared. Healthy forests burn in small fires that clear away the dead brush. California insists that it stay. California insists that bark beetles be protected and the result is acres of dead trees ready to burn.

Moses himself could not part the evil democrat bureaucracy in California.
You sound like an idiot. Who told you that California protects bark beetles? They are the main cause of trees dying along with climate change. There are currently 20 different invasive species of bark beetles in California attacking the trees.

Bark beetles are killing trees in the Sierra Nevada at a record pace. Here's why
Bark beetles are killing great swathes of trees in Alaska, too. But we're not allowed to clear cut because the tourpests would find clear cuts unattractive (like dead trees aren't?) I wouldn't say the government powers-that-be protect the beetles, per-se, but they certainly do not effectively manage wildlands in inhabited areas. I guess we are more fortunate than Cali, though, because we are less populated and a lot of wildfires can be allowed to burn themselves out without threatening humans or their habitations.
The dead trees cannot be cut down in California because democrats say that Republican loggers are going to make money by taking out the dead trees.

Thank you. A friend of mine's low income elderly mother is among the missing in Paradise. It's very telling to see who is spewing hatred at the fire victims.

Thank you. A friend of mine's low income elderly mother is among the missing in Paradise. It's very telling to see who is spewing hatred at the fire victims.

Over six hundred missing last I heard. Charred bodies being found in burned-out cars that weren't fast enough to make it.

The sociopathy of the population of this board is astounding me.
smiliegah.gif

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

I didnt face a Hurricane this year and I live in Florida.. Of course I have prepared my house to withstand a Cat 4 , but then many victims of liberalism cant afford to do that. God given talents were given to everyone, but there are the liberals who deny God, thus stay victims of Lucifer and his misery.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
I must conclude you have no idea what a twerp you sound like.

My father joined the volunteer fire department. I remember him seeing him on the TV hosing a house down. I went to stay with him and my mom as they were in a danger zone. I joined the small fire department with my dad for the time I was with my parents with their one fire truck. It was an eclectic group to say the least. Super conservatives like my Dad and a long haired hippie fire captain.

There was a camaraderie among its members. They all joined together in a time of crisis to try to halt what we thought was an unrelenting inferno. The clouds returned and the rains fell and the crisis was over.

Well said, John Law. Thank you for reminding us that humanity is still intact.
And Trump blames poor management?
HI, ed! I read that 'poor management' statement this morning. Had to chuckle. Have you noticed how bleeping nuts he sounds since the election? More than usual that is?
Yes BW Sounds like he goes apeshit sometimes Even his own people can't stand around him

We actually had a substantial rain a few weeks ago. The dead brush the EPA protects has been there for decades.

Trump is right.
So you insinuate Cal welcomes these fires ,that they can stop them like Moses parted the Red Sea?
California stops every small fire AND refuses to allow dead brush to be cleared. Healthy forests burn in small fires that clear away the dead brush. California insists that it stay. California insists that bark beetles be protected and the result is acres of dead trees ready to burn.

Moses himself could not part the evil democrat bureaucracy in California.
You sound like an idiot. Who told you that California protects bark beetles? They are the main cause of trees dying along with climate change. There are currently 20 different invasive species of bark beetles in California attacking the trees.

Bark beetles are killing trees in the Sierra Nevada at a record pace. Here's why
Bark beetles are killing great swathes of trees in Alaska, too. But we're not allowed to clear cut because the tourpests would find clear cuts unattractive (like dead trees aren't?) I wouldn't say the government powers-that-be protect the beetles, per-se, but they certainly do not effectively manage wildlands in inhabited areas. I guess we are more fortunate than Cali, though, because we are less populated and a lot of wildfires can be allowed to burn themselves out without threatening humans or their habitations.
The dead trees cannot be cut down in California because democrats say that Republican loggers are going to make money by taking out the dead trees.
That's part of the issue here, too. We don't have a lot of indigenous liberals but lots of liberals from the Lower 48 have made saving Alaska part of their unholy religion.

No, I don't realize any such thing. What I do realize is that Gracie's a human and in need.
And that is all I need to know. Period.

I'm a human in need.Care about me:

Over six hundred missing last I heard. Charred bodies being found in burned-out cars that weren't fast enough to make it.

The sociopathy of the population of this board is astounding me.
smiliegah.gif

Indeed. I don't mind the rough play in purely political threads, but think we should be civil to one another on other topics.

I wonder how many of those charred bodies are looters. Looters will go into buildings while they are on fire looking for something to steal.

I wonder how many of those charred bodies are looters. Looters will go into buildings while they are on fire looking for something to steal.

I have no idea. Given how many people on the missing lists are elderly, I suspect that most of the victims are innocent.

Koshergirl is correct. Chinese hidden camps are to pre-inculcate for a denser urban population. We know of one ex-US Marine who wanted to go to Changsha to live. Access to resources compares Clinton's anti-roads pen to the Chinese for development that is specifically directed toward the City.

3 Oct 2017 12 Eerie Photos of Enormous Chinese Cities Completely Empty of People
12 eerie photos of enormous Chinese cities completely empty of people

I have no idea. Given how many people on the missing lists are elderly, I suspect that most of the victims are innocent.
The big question is whether those listed as missing are really missing. They may have been evacuated and have no idea that anyone is looking for them. Especially if they are elderly. They may not even know they are listed as missing.

Now that we know that this vulnerable population has been identified as racist, this might be self help arson by black people.

The big question is whether those listed as missing are really missing. They may have been evacuated and have no idea that anyone is looking for them. Especially if they are elderly. They may not even know they are listed as missing.

Now that we know that this vulnerable population has been identified as racist, this might be self help arson by black people.

Please stop it.

66 people are dead. More than 600 are missing.

Please stop it.

An all time tragedy America weeps

Please stop it.

An all time tragedy America weeps

Indeed. And as someone who has lived here for most of my life, I am quite angry at the mis-management that caused this man-made disaster. It was completely preventable.

It was completely preventable and now is the time to plan so that it never happens again. Citizen surveillance will be backed up and verified. The presupposition that the power company will immediately respond to calls about sparks does not suffice. Locally activated drones can help verify a citizen's alarm call.

Forum List

Back