Cable management. Help!

Have you ever tried using those velcro cable ties?

1711311889843.png

1711312634505.png

1711312833828.png

I've used them at work, but honestly either Velco or locking Zippy ties work just fine. I bought a big container of Zippy Ties decades ago and it sits on the shelf in my garage when I need some. Either will work just as well. If you don't want to hassle with extras, just get a small pack.

I have a power desk that raises the whole top of the desk from sitting desk to standing desk. The top is wood.

PRO TIP. If you are going to run cables with a a power desk, do it with the desk in the raised position. Otherwise when you raise it, well lets just say it's surprising how much lifting power they have. LOLz
I have
  • A work laptop (cables I leave in place at home, I have a matching brick and cables at work),
  • two monitors,
  • a scanner,
  • desktop,
  • Wired keyboard,
  • Gaming Desktop
  • KVM Switch to run laptop to monitors and full size keyboard,
  • Q-Charger for my phone,
  • A couple of spare micro, C, and lightening connectors routed up in a holder so I can always throw my ear buds, iPad, or headphones on a charger
So cable drop at the back edge, I gather them together and zippy tie them into a bundle. I have 3 hooks installed at the back under the top (left, middle, and right). I then use a separate Zippy tie around the bundle with some slack that I can then hook onto the metal hook to keep them from drooping down. (You could to the same thing with an adhesive hook if you have a metal desk. They come together on the right side into a bundle that is long enough for me to raise and lower the desk and on the floor is where they connect to the UPS that sits on the floor for emergency power.

You can also get specialize channels to install for the desk, but never saw the need to go that overboard.

Hope this helps.

WW

Last edited:

Forum List

Back