Bye Bye Abortions. Roe v. Wade at risk big time.

Trust me...Roe v. Wade is already in the crosshairs.
So looming over the Left is another Trump appointed SCJ, a Trump re-election and an overturning of Roe v. Wade.
This is going to be an entertaining as hell 45 days

Overturning Roe isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be.

If it is overturned, the issue goes to the states.

Many will make it legal. So women will have access to post-fuck birth control.

In states where it is not liked, they have already hemmed it in on many fronts. Look at Texas.
Why do you think the pro_some-life crowd would stop at simply overturning RoevWade?

Please tell me how your question can come from my post.

I don't see where I said it would stop there.

In fact, I pointed out that even though Roe in force, it considered dead by many because the pro-life crowd has figured out how to hem it in.

The pro-choice crowd does NOT want a case to go to SCOTUS to avoid getting it turned over. So they put up with the restrictions.

So looming over the Left is another Trump appointed SCJ, a Trump re-election and an overturning of Roe v. Wade.

In states where it is not liked, they have already hemmed it in on many fronts. Look at Texas.
Why do you think the pro_some-life crowd would stop at simply overturning RoevWade?

In fact, I pointed out that even though Roe in force, it considered dead by many because the pro-life crowd has figured out how to hem it in.

The pro-choice crowd does NOT want a case to go to SCOTUS to avoid getting it turned over. So they put up with the restrictions.
I guess that explains why keep they creating more and more stringent laws knowing they will be challenged.

Blue staters will still be able to kill babies and anyone in a red state who wants to kill their baby can just get to a blue state.

Spare me the “some people cant get to another state” bullshit.

Anyone can get to another state. Look at all the homeless people who found their way to California.

Whats the big deal with this being a states rights issue?

It seems more like power posturing than anyting, plus...you blue state assholes make fun of red state people anyways.

Give me an example of a woman who wants an abortion but wont be able to get one if it was a state by state law.

Also....IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET PREGNANT, DONT FUCK WITHOUT PROTECTION.
Poor women.

Blue staters will still be able to kill babies and anyone in a red state who wants to kill their baby can just get to a blue state.

Anyone can get to another state. Look at all the homeless people who found their way to California.

It seems more like power posturing than anyting, plus...you blue state assholes make fun of red state people anyways.

Give me an example of a woman who wants an abortion but wont be able to get one if it was a state by state law.

Poor women.

Define poor

There is something people don't consider when working to overturn RvW. RvW set up a standard that allowed for the country to ban late term abortions nationwide. Overturning RvW sends this all back to the states. States that could again allow late term abortions.

There is something people don't consider when working to overturn RvW. RvW set up a standard that allowed for the country to ban late term abortions nationwide. Overturning RvW sends this all back to the states. States that could again allow late term abortions.

Virginia already does

Derp...
abortion-2.png

This will drive even more Democrats to the polls.

All of the things that the right opposes, are now in danger: voting rights, women's rights (and not just to abortion), and rights for workers. A conservative Court has always favoured the rights of shareholders over workers, and that has put far too much power in the hands of corporations and the wealthy, leading to today's income inequity.

Virginia already does

No they don't.

I'll take that bet.

Virginia already does

No they don't.

conceded

I guess that explains why keep they creating more and more stringent laws knowing they will be challenged.

I don't know who you are referencing as "they".

The pro-life crowd keeps cinching down.

They know the pro-choice crowd WON'T challenge most of it because the pro-choice crowd does not want a case going to SCOTUS that would essentially finish off Roe.

This will drive even more Democrats to the polls.

All of the things that the right opposes, are now in danger: voting rights, women's rights (and not just to abortion), and rights for workers. A conservative Court has always favoured the rights of shareholders over workers, and that has put far too much power in the hands of corporations and the wealthy, leading to today's income inequity.

You would think it would.

It hasn't in the past.

IMHO....

1. The belief that ROE -v- Wade would be in jeopardy is misguided. Case In Point / Example: No one expected the Chief Justice to side with the liberal justices in some of the cases he has.

2. Roe-v-Wade IS a '3rd-rail' in this country that I'm not sure even the USSC Justices want to decisively address / potentially overturn. Chief Justice Roberts just recently made a decision based on 'how Americans would react to it / how the decision would impact people / businesses', nothing to do with the Constitutionality of the law itself.

(Didn't know the USSC was now making decisions based on how people FELT about the law or how making the Constitutionally correct decision would impact people's opinion of businesses...This bodes poorly for the potential to overturn R-v-W...)

3. EXPANDING the court would be an egregious politically motivated move, one Democrats had best think carefully about 1st, as many of their attempted political 'shenanigans' have blown up in their faces / have come back to haunt them.

They would need to keep the House, retake the Senate, and Biden would have to win the Presidency...after which he would be declared mentally incompetent and replaced by Harris, who only2% of Democrats wanted as President during the DNC Primaries.
-- That's a lot of un-Godly, frightening 'IF's.

If President Trump wins re-election, though, that will end the talk for expanding the USSC for at least 4 years.....during which time we will see the Democrats engage in twice the treason as we have seen in the last 4 years, engaging in an average 1.4 highly political partisan Impeachments per year...

I don't know who you are referencing as "they".

The pro-life crowd keeps cinching down.

They know the pro-choice crowd WON'T challenge most of it because the pro-choice crowd does not want a case going to SCOTUS that would essentially finish off Roe.

My mistake - I misread your statement and thought you were referring to the pro-life crowd.

IMHO....

1. The belief that ROE -v- Wade would be in jeopardy is misguided. Case In Point / Example: No one expected the Chief Justice to side with the liberal justices in some of the cases he has.

2. Roe-v-Wade IS a '3rd-rail' in this country that I'm not sure even the USSC Justices want to decisively address / potentially overturn. Chief Justice Roberts just recently made a decision based on 'how Americans would react to it / how the decision would impact people / businesses', nothing to do with the Constitutionality of the law itself.

(Didn't know the USSC was now making decisions based on how people FELT about the law or how making the Constitutionally correct decision would impact people's opinion of businesses...This bodes poorly for the potential to overturn R-v-W...)

3. EXPANDING the court would be an egregious politically motivated move, one Democrats had best think carefully about 1st, as many of their attempted political 'shenanigans' have blown up in their faces / have come back to haunt them.

They would need to keep the House, retake the Senate, and Biden would have to win the Presidency...after which he would be declared mentally incompetent and replaced by Harris, who only2% of Democrats wanted as President during the DNC Primaries.
-- That's a lot of un-Godly, frightening 'IF's.

If President Trump wins re-election, though, that will end the talk for expanding the USSC for at least 4 years.....during which time we will see the Democrats engage in twice the treason as we have seen in the last 4 years, engaging in an average 1.4 highly political partisan Impeachments per year...

Informative.

On 3 - yes, it would be. BUT, when the Republicans denied Obama his right to fill a vacancy, that was "egregious politically motivated move". Where will it end?

Oddly people don't seem to understand that even if RvW was overturned that doesn't make abortion illegal. That only makes it a state issue.

Like NAFTA was opposed by over 80% of Americans and it's still on the books, too. Yes, we realize the govt. doesn't represent Americans any more, just panders to globalist gangsters; that's why Trump got elected and will win in November as well. Oddly you commie fans don't seem to understand you 're only working for globalist labor racketeers and Wall Street, not 'revolutionaries n stuff' like your idiot mentally ill teachers have been telling you.

The reason why Trump won was because his name was not Hillary Clinton. Those people did not vote FOR Trump. They will not vote for Trump in 2020. Also voters who stayed home will vote for Biden.

I voted but voted for neither Trump or Hillary. I will do the same this time.
Well.... Hilary isn't running. So...there's that.

In the event that Roe v. Wade does get overturned, women and girls who are facing unwanted pregnancies will once again end up having to resort to illegal abortions in unsafe, unsanitary abortions mills, where back-alley butchers who are totally untrained in the technique will perform illegal abortions with unsafe, unsanitary tools and equipment, and in unsafe, sanitary facilities, and therefore run the risk of being sickened, permanently incapacitated, or dying of illnesses and/or infections as a result. That is precisely what happened when women and girls facing unwanted pregnancies and were desperate to obtain abortions did, and the results were horrific--illness and/or death due to infections resulting from illegal abortions.

Forum List

Back