“But He Pleaded Guilty!!”

"...members of the Obama administration were interviewed under oath and said they had no evidence of a connection between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, despite going on national television and telling the American people that “there were all sorts of evidence that linked the two things.”

Whitaker said it was also clear that a plan was hatched to set up Flynn, who served as Trump’s national security adviser.

“It smells really bad,” he said. “It is really bad. And it’s just the tip of the iceberg is what I believe.”

1589384947970.png

I can wait but I must say I didn't see anything that would address the question of why Flynn would lie to the FBI about anything
He didn't.
He did and admitted it twice. Your post, as usual contains information unconnected with the FACT that Flynn lied. However the investigation began and whoever knew about it is immaterial. Clinton was investigated for a real estate deal and was then impeached for lying under oath. Clinton was innocent of the original charge. So what.

Chuck Rosenberg is a former U.S. attorney, senior FBI official and acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration:
Michael Flynn made false statements to FBI agents interviewing him about his December 2016 telephone conversation with a Russian diplomat. Flynn had previously traveled to Russia; received payments from Russia-related companies, including more than $40,000 from a Russian state-backed entity; dined with the Russian president; intervened in sanctions levied by the outgoing Obama administration punishing Russia for its 2016 election interference; and then lied to the incoming vice president — among other senior White House officials — about his intervention.​
When he repeated similar lies to the FBI during a January 2017 interview, he was charged with a federal crime and subsequently pleaded guilty in federal court.​
Were his lies material, as required by the statute to which he pleaded guilty? Absolutely. For those of us who spent a professional lifetime as prosecutors and in the Justice Department, this is not a close call.​
Had Flynn been asked his favorite ice cream flavor by FBI agents and told them it was vanilla when he preferred chocolate, that would be immaterial. But lying to the FBI about his conversation with a Russian diplomat, given his financial and other ties to Russia, in the wake of massive Russian interference in our 2016 election, and during an FBI counterintelligence investigation concerning Russia? That is material — plain and simple.​

Wow he's a really bad guy! Too bad law enforcement fucked it up by
breaking a dozen laws to get him.
But I understand your butt-hurt...
Lost a lot of cases that way huh?

Jo
You seem to take great joy in a criminal getting away with his crime. Some of us still respect the rule of law.

I can wait but I must say I didn't see anything that would address the question of why Flynn would lie to the FBI about anything
He didn't.
He did and admitted it twice. Your post, as usual contains information unconnected with the FACT that Flynn lied. However the investigation began and whoever knew about it is immaterial. Clinton was investigated for a real estate deal and was then impeached for lying under oath. Clinton was innocent of the original charge. So what.

Chuck Rosenberg is a former U.S. attorney, senior FBI official and acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration:
Michael Flynn made false statements to FBI agents interviewing him about his December 2016 telephone conversation with a Russian diplomat. Flynn had previously traveled to Russia; received payments from Russia-related companies, including more than $40,000 from a Russian state-backed entity; dined with the Russian president; intervened in sanctions levied by the outgoing Obama administration punishing Russia for its 2016 election interference; and then lied to the incoming vice president — among other senior White House officials — about his intervention.​
When he repeated similar lies to the FBI during a January 2017 interview, he was charged with a federal crime and subsequently pleaded guilty in federal court.​
Were his lies material, as required by the statute to which he pleaded guilty? Absolutely. For those of us who spent a professional lifetime as prosecutors and in the Justice Department, this is not a close call.​
Had Flynn been asked his favorite ice cream flavor by FBI agents and told them it was vanilla when he preferred chocolate, that would be immaterial. But lying to the FBI about his conversation with a Russian diplomat, given his financial and other ties to Russia, in the wake of massive Russian interference in our 2016 election, and during an FBI counterintelligence investigation concerning Russia? That is material — plain and simple.​

Jo
You seem to take great joy in a criminal getting away with his crime. Some of us still respect the rule of law.

Of course I don't.

1589387040353.png

He didn't.

Jo
Entrapment usually gets overturned.

Jo

He didn't.

Jo

Jo

Informative.

He didn't.

Their definition of lie includes mispronounced words. Their evidence gathering is also fruit of a poison tree.

Jo

He didn't.

Jo

Of course I don't.

View attachment 335528
Alas for you, Trump and his DOJ don't share your outrage. Or maybe you are just being played for fools?

He didn't.

Their definition of lie includes mispronounced words. Their evidence gathering is also fruit of a poison tree.

Jo
Entrapment? Is that your legal opinion? Not everyone agrees:
Why The Latest Flynn Entrapment Claims Are As Bogus As The Last Ones

Events of the moment all have precedent.
Some of us conveniently forget how and when they began.
This thread is to remind you.

Schiff: “Why would Flynn conceal the nature of the call unless he was conscious of wrongdoing?”
How conveniently the Left/Democrats forget what preceded, and what pressures were applied to the guilty plea…and why.

1.Of course, Flynn was forced and coerced into a guilty plea to what was called a lesser charge, with threats of adding more serious charges if he didn’t comply, after his own legal advisers entered into a secret deal with federal Deep State prosecutors….and after they had bankrupted him and he had no more wherewithal to continue to fight. Eric Holder’s law firm and James Comey’s FBI worked together to get a bogus guilty plea.

And they added that they could put his son in prison….and that did it.

First promising that the guilty plea wouldn’t involve jail time…..but later said it did.

2. Now….about that guy they called god, Jesus, and the messiah…Does anyone believe that his FBI and Justice Department launched spies into the opposing party’s presidential campaign without the head thug, Hussein, knowing about it?

Of course Hussein has plausible deniability…..unless there are emails and memos.

And there are.
“Obama knew details of wiretapped Flynn phone calls, surprising top DOJ official in meeting with Biden, declassified docs show”

As Edward G. Robinson emoted in ‘The Ten Commndments,”….
Where's Your Messiah Now? (nyaah)?’

3. Rather than his usual denials…’I read about it in the papers…’

Instead, it turns out Obama knew about it from the get-go. President Obama was aware of the details of then-incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn's intercepted December 2016 phone calls with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, apparently surprising then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, according to documents released Thursday as exhibits to the government's motion to dismiss the Flynn case.
Obama's unexpectedly intimate knowledge of the details of Flynn's calls, which the FBI acknowledged at the time were not criminal or even improper, raised eyebrows because of his own history with Flynn…”
Gregg Re

4. Obama had fired Flynn when the general objected to nuclear-arming the Muslim savages of Iran:

“Obama Allies Torpedoed Flynn to Protect Iran Deal”
Oh My: Did Obama Allies Torpedoed Michael Flynn to Protect the Iran Deal?

Flynn was simply one part of the 'get Trump' plot.

Obama…..all the elements of the crime: means, motive, opportunity.

Lock him up!
As I keep pointing out to our obtuse-by-choice friends.... Entrapment is often overturned.

Jo

He didn't.

Jo
Entrapment? Is that your legal opinion? Not everyone agrees:
Why The Latest Flynn Entrapment Claims Are As Bogus As The Last Ones
YAWWWWWWWWWWN...

ENTRAPMENT IS OFTEN OVERTURNED ALONG WITH PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT.

JO

Schiff: “Why would Flynn conceal the nature of the call unless he was conscious of wrongdoing?”
How conveniently the Left/Democrats forget what preceded, and what pressures were applied to the guilty plea…and why.

1.Of course, Flynn was forced and coerced into a guilty plea to what was called a lesser charge, with threats of adding more serious charges if he didn’t comply, after his own legal advisers entered into a secret deal with federal Deep State prosecutors….and after they had bankrupted him and he had no more wherewithal to continue to fight. Eric Holder’s law firm and James Comey’s FBI worked together to get a bogus guilty plea.

First promising that the guilty plea wouldn’t involve jail time…..but later said it did.

2. Now….about that guy they called god, Jesus, and the messiah…Does anyone believe that his FBI and Justice Department launched spies into the opposing party’s presidential campaign without the head thug, Hussein, knowing about it?

Of course Hussein has plausible deniability…..unless there are emails and memos.

And there are.
“Obama knew details of wiretapped Flynn phone calls, surprising top DOJ official in meeting with Biden, declassified docs show”

Instead, it turns out Obama knew about it from the get-go. President Obama was aware of the details of then-incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn's intercepted December 2016 phone calls with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, apparently surprising then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, according to documents released Thursday as exhibits to the government's motion to dismiss the Flynn case.
Obama's unexpectedly intimate knowledge of the details of Flynn's calls, which the FBI acknowledged at the time were not criminal or even improper, raised eyebrows because of his own history with Flynn…”
Gregg Re

4. Obama had fired Flynn when the general objected to nuclear-arming the Muslim savages of Iran:

Lock him up!
Why yes....he DID plead guilty. Did he lie then?

They knew when he called the Russian ambassador and had a complete transcript. When asked, he later remembered that it did happen. The FBI agents did not believe he lied. That was the extent of his lying to the FBI. They trapped him.

And there are.

Gregg Re

Lock him up!
Why yes....he DID plead guilty. Did he lie then?

They knew when he called the Russian ambassador and had a complete transcript. When asked, he later remembered that it did happen. The FBI agents did not believe he lied. That was the extent of his lying to the FBI. They trapped him.

I simply cannot believe the utter heartbreak going on over this issue from the left. It is simply astonishing to see them agonizing over this thing. Surely they must know that if Sullivan decides to be a prick anyway he will be appealed and overturned or Trump will simply Pardon him.
They guy was willing to go the distance to protect his son from the Jack Boots.....unlike Michelle Obama who complains that her kids kept her from Greatness.

JO

He didn't.

Jo

Of course I don't.

View attachment 335528
Alas for you, Trump and his DOJ don't share your outrage. Or maybe you are just being played for fools?

There is a " MADE " circle wherein the occupants are basically legally untouchable. Obama is in it....so is Hillary and a number of other bad actors....Trump is now also in that circle. None of these people will ever pay for their wrongdoing the way you or I would. Having said that however it will be interesting to see whether Comey, Brennan and Clapper have been invited in also or if they will suffer the fate of the sacrificial dummies they apparently were used for.

JO

He didn't.

Jo

Of course I don't.

View attachment 335528

There is a " MADE " circle wherein the occupants are basically legally untouchable. Obama is in it....so is Hillary and a number of other bad actors....Trump is now also in that circle. None of these people will ever pay for their wrongdoing the way you or I would. Having said that however it will be interesting to see whether Comey, Brennan and Clapper have been invited in also or if they will suffer the fate of the sacrificial dummies they apparently were used for.

JO

Welcome to our little 'Pessimist Club'!

“Declassified Memo Shows Obama’s FBI Had No Justifiable Reason to Investigate Trump Campaign

A newly declassified memo dated July 31, 2016, which launched the entire investigation, was based not on any evidence of wrongdoing by any members Trump campaign. As John Solomon at Just The News observes, the investigation was opened based on “a third-hand ‘suggestion’ of wrongdoing and the thinnest of suspicions that illegal foreign lobbying had occurred.” The memo makes clear that the criminal basis for Operation Crossfire Hurricane was suspected violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, but the memo does not identify a single incident violating that law.

Rather [the memo] focused on a “suggestion” passed on by Australian ambassador Alexander Downer that Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos might be coordinating with Russia the release of damaging information about Hillary Clinton.

Downer had heard the information about the Russians during a bar conversation in May 2016 from Papadopoulos, who had heard it two months earlier from a European professor who had heard it from Russians allegedly.

The memo shows the case agent, Peter Strzok, expressed some doubts and reservations about the limitations of the evidence even as he opened the probe.”

Doesn't anybody care that Flynn lied to the Vice President?

What, exactly, are those lies?

You should go back and read the news articles of the time, which clearly suggest that Trump believed the bogus charges....charges we know know are false and corruptly determined.

With the FBI claiming the lies, it appears Trump took them at face value.
Trump tweeted that he fired Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI.

I asked you what those .lies were.

On the one hand there was a suggestion that he spoke to Kislyak about the Obama sanctions, which Pence didn't want to defend.
"An administration official told POLITICO that Pence’s remarks came after a conversation with Flynn and were guided by that conversation — leaving open the possibility that Flynn misled the Vice President just as he repeatedly denied the allegations to the Washington Post before acknowledging the topic may have been discussed."

The news reports tend to suggest that the FBI bringing what we know know as bogus charges, are more the basis for Trump firing Flynn.
I am aghast. You were very clear. Step by step explaining as if to a very young child only to get "but he lied to the vice president". As if you had not said a word.

As you pointed the sequence of events out, it was at this time that Trump stopped believing the intelligence agencies that had lied so much. The media made much of Trump believing any source other than the FBI. Trump was made aware of the lying earlier on than previously thought.

The sanctions that the Russians wanted ended was shitstain obama's Magnitsky Act. It should never have been in the first place. The shitstain thought he could control Russia behind the scenes.

Doesn't anybody care that Flynn lied to the Vice President?

What, exactly, are those lies?

You should go back and read the news articles of the time, which clearly suggest that Trump believed the bogus charges....charges we know know are false and corruptly determined.

With the FBI claiming the lies, it appears Trump took them at face value.
Trump tweeted that he fired Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI.

I asked you what those .lies were.

On the one hand there was a suggestion that he spoke to Kislyak about the Obama sanctions, which Pence didn't want to defend.
"An administration official told POLITICO that Pence’s remarks came after a conversation with Flynn and were guided by that conversation — leaving open the possibility that Flynn misled the Vice President just as he repeatedly denied the allegations to the Washington Post before acknowledging the topic may have been discussed."

The news reports tend to suggest that the FBI bringing what we know know as bogus charges, are more the basis for Trump firing Flynn.
I am aghast. You were very clear. Step by step explaining as if to a very young child only to get "but he lied to the vice president". As if you had not said a word.

As you pointed the sequence of events out, it was at this time that Trump stopped believing the intelligence agencies that had lied so much. The media made much of Trump believing any source other than the FBI. Trump was made aware of the lying earlier on than previously thought.

The sanctions that the Russians wanted ended was shitstain obama's Magnitsky Act. It should never have been in the first place. The shitstain thought he could control Russia behind the scenes.

I deeply appreciate this post of yours.
Thank you.

I can wait but I must say I didn't see anything that would address the question of why Flynn would lie to the FBI about anything.
Yes, why lie about doing your job ie discouraging Russia from attacking us?? unless the scummy FBI tricks you. This is the same scummy FBI, filled with vicious partisans, who lost critical 302 documents on case, and forged documents to present to FISA courts

I can wait but I must say I didn't see anything that would address the question of why Flynn would lie to the FBI about anything.
Yes, why lie about doing your job ie discouraging Russia from attacking us?? unless the scummy FBI tricks you. This is the same scummy FBI, filled with vicious partisans, who lost critical 302 documents on case, and forged documents to present to FISA courts
You're being played. The FBI didn't lose anything, here is the (redacted) 302 document.

You're being played. The FBI didn't lose anything, here is the (redacted) 302 document.

Forged.

FD-302 form, the official document used to record what happens in FBI interviews.

The FBI altered the document.

“The new irregularities concern what happened after Flynn was interviewed by FBI agents Peter Strzok and Joe Pientka on January 24, 2017 – the interview in which Flynn was alleged to have lied about a December phone call with the Russian ambassador. FBI procedure is that one agent asks questions while another takes notes. Here, lead agent Strzok was the questioner and Pientka was responsible for memorializing the interview. After completing an interview, those notes are required to be organized and written up on an FD-302 form, which then becomes an official document used as evidence in an investigation.

FBI policy requires 302 forms to be submitted within five working days of an interview. The FBI took three weeks to deliberate on and compose Flynn’s 302 form, and it was mislabeled a “DRAFT DOCUMENT,” requiring a resubmission of the form three months later. A prosecutor working in the office of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, which eventually charged Flynn, was required to submit a separate document to a federal judge to explain that irregularity.

The new Flynn documents shed light on what happened during the unusual three weeks composing the 302. They include texts between Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who were communicating extensively during an extramarital affair in interchanges revealing anti-Trump bias and resulting in their later dismissal from Mueller’s investigation.

In one text, dated February 10, Strzok tells Page he is heavily editing Pientka’s 302 form to the point he’s “trying not to completely re-write” it. Other messages reveal that Page, who did not attend the interview, reviewed the 302 form and made editing suggestions. On February 14, Page texts Strzok, "Is Andy good with the 302?" – presumably referring to FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. The next day, February 15, the Flynn 302 was officially submitted and filed with the FBI.

FBI supervisors like Strzok, however, are not supposed to rewrite other agents’ 302 forms. Nor are 302 forms supposed to be edited by FBI personnel who were not present at the interview, and both of these things happened in the Flynn case. New Red Flags Emerging From FBI's Handling of Michael Flynn's Case | RealClearInvestigations

Forum List

Back