But...blacks and hispanics are only allowed to vote for democrats....right? New poll is kind of rough for democrats....good news.

Lincoln supported the Corwin Amendment, tried to force blacks to leave America and stated that blacks were inferior. Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act. I don't give a damn what Johnson voted against or realized according to you. What matters is that he signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

Gold water voted for all of the Civil Rights acts
Except the last one which he said went to far in giving government too much power and he was right.

Goldwater was a Civil Rights hero you dumb assā€¦..unlike Johnson who was an actual racist.

Lincoln supported the Corwin Amendment, tried to force blacks to leave America and stated that blacks were inferior. Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act. I don't give a damn what Johnson voted against or realized according to you. What matters is that he signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

Johnson voted against all of the othersā€¦..all of them including the anti lynching laws when his buddies in the kkk were actually murdering blacks openly. He voted for the last two because he knew they couldnā€™t stop blacks from votingā€¦.you idiot.

I'm black and a poll where 21 percent of people who were called were black doesn't show anything but that 79 percent of the blacks they called oppose the republican party. Let me know when they do a survey of all 47 million blacks.

Learn the real definition of racist and not the one right wing whites created because they don't like the mirror held to their face.. Because I definetly know more about why blacks vote than you. And everything I said was true.

The democrats canā€™t affo d to lose even 12% of the black vote

Here is the difference between Lyndon Johnson the racist, and Barry Goldwater the Civil Rights hero.....

LBJā€™s Democratic Plantation ā€ŗ American Greatness
https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/02/lbjs-democratic-plantation/
there is a man who, according to a memo filed by FBI agent William Branigan, seems to have been in the Ku Klux Klan. This memo was only revealed in recent months, with the release of the JFK Files.

Lyndon Johnson opposed every civil rights proposal considered in his first 20 years as lawmaker

"He had been a congressman, beginning in 1937, for eleven years, and for eleven years he had voted against every civil rights bill ā€“

against not only legislation aimed at ending the poll tax and segregation in the armed services but even against legislation aimed at ending lynching: a one hundred percent record," Caro wrote.

"Running for the Senate in 1948, he had assailed President" Harry "Trumanā€™s entire civil rights program (ā€˜an effort to set up a police stateā€™)ā€¦Until 1957, in the Senate, as in the House, his record ā€“ by that time a twenty-year record ā€“ against civil rights had been consistent," Caro wrote.

=========

The Party of Civil Rights | National Review

The Party of Civil Rights

The depth of Johnsonā€™s prior opposition to civil-rights reform must be digested in some detail to be properly appreciated.

In the House, he did not represent a particularly segregationist constituency (it ā€œmade up for being less intensely segregationist than the rest of the South by being more intensely anti-Communist,ā€ as the New York Times put it), but Johnson was practically antebellum in his views.

Never mind civil rights or voting rights: In Congress, Johnson had consistently and repeatedly voted against legislation to protect black Americans from lynching.

As a leader in the Senate, Johnson did his best to cripple the Civil Rights Act of 1957; not having votes sufficient to stop it, he managed to reduce it to an act of mere symbolism by excising the enforcement provisions before sending it to the desk of President Eisenhower.

Johnsonā€™s Democratic colleague Strom Thurmond nonetheless went to the trouble of staging the longest filibuster in history up to that point, speaking for 24 hours in a futile attempt to block the bill. The reformers came back in 1960 with an act to remedy the deficiencies of the 1957 act, and Johnsonā€™s Senate Democrats again staged a record-setting filibuster.

In both cases, the ā€œmaster of the Senateā€ petitioned the northeastern Kennedy liberals to credit him for having seen to the lawā€™s passage while at the same time boasting to southern Democrats that he had taken the teeth out of the legislation.

Johnson would later explain his thinking thus: ā€œThese Negroes, theyā€™re getting pretty uppity these days, and thatā€™s a problem for us, since theyā€™ve got something now they never had before: the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now weā€™ve got to do something about this ā€” weā€™ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.ā€

Read more at: The Party of Civil Rights

=============

Goldwater.....

Barry M. Goldwater: The Most Consequential Loser in American Politics

Goldwater treated all people the same. As a private citizen, he flew mercy missions to Navaho reservations, never asking for recognition or accepting payment. He felt that ā€œthe red man seemed as muchā€”if not moreā€”a part of Arizona and America as any white or black person.ā€[20] Moreover, a few weeks after Goldwater was discharged from the Army in November 1945, Democratic Arizona Governor Sidney Preston Osborn asked him to organize the Arizona Air National Guard. One of Goldwaterā€™s first recommendations, soon approved, was to desegregate the unit. Goldwaterā€™s integration of the stateā€™s Air National Guard took place more than two years before President Harry Truman integrated the U.S. armed forces.

Goldwater was an early member of the Arizona chapters of both the NAACP and the National Urban League, even making up the latterā€™s operating deficit when it was getting started. Later as a Senator, he desegregated the Senate cafeteria in 1953, demanding that his black legislative assistant, Kathrine Maxwell, be served along with every other Senate employee after learning she had been denied service.

In the mid-1970s, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, investigating improper operations of the intelligence community in the United States, proposed that transcripts of the FBI tapes about Martin Luther King Jr.ā€™s alleged indiscretions be published. An outraged Goldwater declared he would not be a party to destroying Kingā€™s reputation and strode out of the committee room. A fellow Senator recalled that Goldwaterā€™s protest ā€œinjected some common sense into the proceedings,ā€ and the electronic surveillance transcripts were not released.[21]

That his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was based on constitutional grounds and not political considerations was underscored in the final week of the fall campaign.

Speaking in Columbia, South Carolina, Goldwater condemned segregation and declared that government must treat ā€œall men as equal in the arena of law and civil order.ā€[22] He pledged if elected President to implement all provisions of the act. His forthright pro-civil rights speech was televised on 87 stations throughout the South.

---

http://www.newsmax.com/John-Gizzi/B...ights-Act-San-Francisco/2014/07/18/id/583541/

As for the Republican nominee's position on the Civil Rights Act, Goldwater had said he would vote for passage if Section II on public accommodations and Section VII on equal employment opportunity were removed. With his view reinforced by a detailed memorandum from Phoenix lawyer and future Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Goldwater felt these sections were unconstitutional, were unenforceable without a federal police force, and would lead to the creation of racial quotas and affirmative action.

"He was absolutely right about [the two sections of the Civil Rights Act] and they did lead to precisely what Goldwater and most conservatives were afraid of," said Tom Winter, then executive editor of Human Events, who would join Ryskind as its co-owner a year later. As for the "extremism in the defense of liberty" speech, Winter recalled watching it from a San Francisco restaurant "and cheering it because it was clearly about freedom and fighting communism. I certainly didn't think it had anything to do with race."

https://freedomsjournalinstitute.org/uncategorized/urban-legend-goldwater-against-civil-rights/

More specifically, Goldwater had problems with title II and title VII of the 1964 bill. He felt that constitutionally the federal government had no legal right to interfere in who people hired, fired; or to whom they sold their products, goods and services.

He felt that ā€œpowerā€ laid in the various states, and with the people. He was a strong advocate of the tenth amendment. Goldwaterā€™s constitutional stance did not mean he agreed with the segregation and racial discrimination practiced in the South. To the contrary, he fought against these kinds of racial divides in his own state of Arizona. He supported the integration of the Arizona National guard and Phoenix public schools.[4] Goldwater was, also, a member of the NAACP and the Urban League.[5]

His personal feelings about discrimination are enshrined in the congressional record where he states, ā€œI am unalterably opposed to discrimination or segregation on the basis of race, color, or creed or on any other basis; not only my words, but more importantly my actions through years have repeatedly demonstrated the sincerity of my feeling in this regardā€¦ā€[6]. And, he would continued to holdfast to his strongly felt convictions that constitutionally the federal government was limited in what it could do, believing that the amoral actions of those perpetuating discrimination and segregation would have to be judged by those in that community. Eventually, the states government and local communities would come to pressure people to change their minds. Goldwaterā€™s view was that the civil disobedience by private citizens against those business establishments was more preferable than intervention by the feds. He, optimistically, believed that racial intolerance would soon buckle under the economic and societal pressure.

Lincolnā€™s overarching desire was to preserve the Union. Personally he was a abolitionist. He did everything possible to preserve the Union. If allowing the South to keep its slaves was the cost, he would have paid it. He didnā€™t like blacks, no one did at that time. He thought that they would be a source of unrest, and history has proven him correct. By todayā€™s standards, the most ardent abolitionist was a extreme racist. They wanted slaves freed, but didnā€™t want anything to do with them. In those days white people absolutely KNEW, not believed, KNEW that anyone that wasnā€™t a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant was inferior to anyone that was. That includes lesser breeds of whites like Italians, Irish and Eastern Europeans. But then the only history that interests you is ā€œhistoryā€ that supports your extreme racist views. Your views are no different than those of the slave-holders, just inverted.

I'm black and a poll where 21 percent of people who were called were black doesn't show anything but that 79 percent of the blacks they called oppose the republican party. Let me know when they do a survey of all 47 million blacks.

No survey addresses all people. It's a sample like every other survey.

Your people voted as a majority for a presidential candidate that said the most racist things about blacks of any other candidate in our time. Most blacks are not intelligent enough to look into who they are voting for. But if this survey ends up being reality after the election, it tells me blacks besides yourself are starting to wake up and actually doing their homework before they vote, and that spells trouble for people like you.

Less than 10 percent. Intelligent blacks with jobs vote democrat because we know the republican party is the party of white supremacy in 2022.

What intelligent blacks with a job realize is that the Democrat party is stabbing them in the back with their open borders. Those immigrants come here and take jobs Americans should have and specifically jobs that blacks take. In many places black students cannot read at state levels, and holding up classes for those black students trying to communicate with immigrant children is certainly no help to the black community.

While blacks like you that are still living in the 50's and beyond, others are looking at their present situation. President Trump greatly increased his minority voters because many Hispanics and some blacks realized they did much better under his leadership than DumBama and now Biden. That being said, I think you're going to be disappointed how blacks and Hispanics vote this midterms.

I would hope you wake up the same, but you're so myopic I believe you're a lost cause.

Learn the real definition of racist and not the one right wing whites created because they don't like the mirror held to their face.. Because I definetly know more about why blacks vote than you. And everything I said was true.
What a load of crap. I will leave you to revel in your narcissistic racist ignorance since holding an intelligent conversation with you is a lost cause.

I am 100 percent right. Being black, I know more about this than your white ---. Democrats don't tell me jack squat. Now don't repeat that racist trash to me again. I worked for 43 years and vote democrat because whites like you say the shit you do. Funny how you say stuff, but your white --- has received more free stuff than anyone black and you vote republican for that reason. Furthermore while they hand you crumbs they rob you then tell your dumb white --- how blacks are getting things at the expense of whites. Dumb whites like you have fallen for that since America began and you're still doing it.

ā€œIf you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.ā€​

of course dems tell you how to thinkā€¦heck racial jungle joey xiden said you were even really black if you didnā€™t vote for him.

of course dems tell you how to thinkā€¦heck racial jungle joey xiden said you were even really black if you didnā€™t vote for him.
Why do you ignorant ass uneducated pieces of white trash right wing extremists who are told what to think by Donald Trump trying to project yourselves on blacks? Listen real quick Cletus, I am black and blacks felt that if you actually were considering voting for that racist SOB trump that you were not black. Biden didn't have to say jack shit. Understand? Now move on chump.

You've not ever heard of polls, have you?

A poll of 1000 people does not show that 21 percent of all blacks support republicans. So lets say that 13 percent of that thousand were black. That means 130 blacks were polled and 21 percent of that 130 said they support trump, that would equal 27 blacks.

About 25 million blacks will be voting in this election. I wouldn't bet on 5.25 million blacks voting republican

Why do you ignorant ass uneducated pieces of white trash right wing extremists who are told what to think by Donald Trump trying to project yourselves on blacks? Listen real quick Cletus, I am black and blacks felt that if you actually were considering voting for that racist SOB trump that you were not black. Biden didn't have to say jack shit. Understand? Now move on chump.
i have a doctorate and i am african american

take your prejudice somewhere else

They have the right to vote their conscience just like everyone else.
Yep, and blacks and Hispanics are waking up in spite of the efforts of the media and Democrats.

Barkley%20Voting-S.jpg

Yep, and blacks and Hispanics are waking up in spite of the efforts of the media and Democrats.

Barkley%20Voting-S.jpg

I have no idea what all blacks or Hispanics think. I'll leave that to you. I have a close friendship with a few people. They're not dazzled by Trump's BS.

When it comes to voting, Blacks are the same as Whites. Both want what's best for their families and their country. Democrats only vote for bills that benefit their party, many times to the detriment of the people. That's why intelligence and common sense tells you that you'd have to be crazy to vote for Democrats.

Forum List

Back