Bush's gaffe rings true.

How about Iraq seizing our embassy? That was 1979. Sorry! There was no grand conspiracy like you envision.

That was Iran, not Iraq.
And it was students who seized the US embassy, not the government of Iran.
And Iranians had every right to be angry with the US after we supported the coup by the Shah in 1953, ending elections in Iran.
What we did was extremely criminal.

Last edited:
If you are a person like me and you remember what you saw not what you were told to see, then you realize just how tragic George W. Bush’s latest gaffe is. Bush must have been drinking sodium pentothal as he uttered the actual truth the other day. If anyone wonders what led to the deaths of nearly 3,000 Americans at the World Trade Center in 2001, they now know. Let’s wind the clock back to 1990 when Bush’s father, George HW. Bush, dispatched US ambassador to Iraq April Glaspie, to meet with Saddam Hussein who was massing troops along the Border of Kuwait. Bush wanted Glaspie to find out What Saddam what planning.

Saddam came up with some story about Kuwait stealing Iraqi oil and that he had had enough of it. Saddam was looking for permission to invade Kuwait and take its oil for himself. Saddam assumed that because he had acted as a counterbalance to Iran and had been provided with chemical and biological weapons by the Bush administration some of which he used to exterminate Kurds, that the US would condone his invasion. He expected only some diplomatic noise as he rolled into Kuwait.

Glaspie, a long-time member of the Foreign Service, who knew full well how important diplomatic language is in sensitive potentially dangerous situations, then told Saddam that the US “Has no opinion on Arab-Arab conflicts” which Saddam interpreted as “By all means, go ahead and take Kuwait, we will not do anything”. Saddam invaded Kuwait a few days later and the Gulf War ensued. Glaspie has never been held responsible for her ineptitude and the millions of deaths that incompetence led to and neither has Bush the Elder. By the way, the incident is likely the seed that spawned the first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993 which failed to take down the structure.

In 2001 Bush the younger was elected and the second attack on the World Trade Center utterly leveled it with skyjacked domestic airliners killing thousands. Nearly all the skyjackers were from Saudi Arabia; none had any connection to Iraq. When Bush told the American people that the people who had done this would hear from us very soon, they scratched their heads as Bush decided to attack Iraq that had nothing to do with the attack on American soil. Bush ignored the Saudi connection and promptly crafted a plan to attack Saddam Hussein under the pretense that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that Bush assumed must have still existed because his father had given them to Iraq years before.

The Entire Iraq war had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction. It was to distract attention away from Saudi Arabia, the real culprit and to cover up the ineptitude of Bush’s father who was the one responsible for all the death and bloodshed that followed. The war in Iraq was to protect the legacy of the Bush’s.

Talk about irony. Bush blurted it out nationally. It was no Freudian slip; the truth jumped from his lips.

Is George W. Bush's latest gaffe his worst of all time?

April Glaspie - Interesting stories about famous people, biographies, humorous stories, photos and videos. (fampeople.com)

Blowback as Bush gaffes Iraq war, not Ukraine, 'unjustified' | National Politics | elkodaily.com
Bush and Blair should have been handed over to Iraq to stand trial for the illegal war, and serve the punishment that the Iraqi's would have dished out to them.

No, most of the military was based on RUSSIA being our major threat. NATO and EASTERN Europe. 1990? Saddam was an ally and we used him to fight the Iranians. Well that didn't work out.,
What happened to the Soviet Union about that time? From 1988-1991 they ceased to exist as nation, and their military was decimated. My Navy career ended in 1993 because there were no ships left after Clinton decommissioned a good deal of the fleet because there was no major threat to our forces. I was a steam propulsion engineer and the Navy shifted almost exclusively to gas turbine, diesel and nuclear. Very few steam ships remained and they were mostly amphibs. The new amphibs LHDs that were under construction were designed with steam plants designed on my ship's propulsion plant. That was my first job offer after leaving active duty as the systems engineer for the LHD Wasp class amphib carriers.

This was in 1990. Preparing for a war that hasn't happened yet...What it was is open to interpretation. I saw it happen, this isn't the fucking X-Files.
You saw it happen? Iran and Iraq fought from 1980-1988. How about Iraq seizing our embassy? That was 1979. Sorry! There was no grand conspiracy like you envision. I saw all that you claim to have seen from the bridge of my ship. I'll bet you were still in high school at the time.

You saw it happen? Iran and Iraq fought from 1980-1988. How about Iraq seizing our embassy? That was 1979. Sorry! There was no grand conspiracy like you envision. I saw all that you claim to have seen from the bridge of my ship. I'll bet you were still in high school at the time.

Again, that was students in Iran that seized our embassy, not Iraq gov.

No, there were never any "rogue regimes" or any terrorist ties.
The only thing there was is oil, and our greed.
You should really occasionally pull your head out and see the world as it really existsts.

Panama, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the PLO are all perfect examples of same.

What happened to the Soviet Union about that time? From 1988-1991 they ceased to exist as nation, and their military was decimated. My Navy career ended in 1993 because there were no ships left after Clinton decommissioned a good deal of the fleet because there was no major threat to our forces. I was a steam propulsion engineer and the Navy shifted almost exclusively to gas turbine, diesel and nuclear. Very few steam ships remained and they were mostly amphibs. The new amphibs LHDs that were under construction were designed with steam plants designed on my ship's propulsion plant. That was my first job offer after leaving active duty as the systems engineer for the LHD Wasp class amphib carriers.
So what were you doing during your supposed career as a submariner?

That is not at all true.
Saddam never had any deadly WMD, and at best he had the irritant, mustard gas.
The civilians gassed in Halabja were killed by cyanide, by Iranians.
Saddam did not even have any ground forces there, and he was allied with the Kurds on the ground.
So there is no way Saddam could have used WMD on Halabja.
Nor was there any need, since the Iranian had already left.
And Saddam was allied with the Kurds at that point, not trying to exterminate them.

{...
‘Most of the casualties in Halabjah were reportedly caused by cyanogen chloride. This agent has never been used by Iraq, but Iran has shown interest in it. Mustard gas casualties in the town were probably caused by Iraqi weapons because Iran has never been noted using that agent.’[9]
...}
:cuckoo:
Are you just trolling to try to convince the USMB forum that you really do live in the Twilight Zone?

If you are a person like me and you remember what you saw not what you were told to see, then you realize just how tragic George W. Bush’s latest gaffe is. Bush must have been drinking sodium pentothal as he uttered the actual truth the other day. If anyone wonders what led to the deaths of nearly 3,000 Americans at the World Trade Center in 2001, they now know. Let’s wind the clock back to 1990 when Bush’s father, George HW. Bush, dispatched US ambassador to Iraq April Glaspie, to meet with Saddam Hussein who was massing troops along the Border of Kuwait. Bush wanted Glaspie to find out What Saddam what planning.

Saddam came up with some story about Kuwait stealing Iraqi oil and that he had had enough of it. Saddam was looking for permission to invade Kuwait and take its oil for himself. Saddam assumed that because he had acted as a counterbalance to Iran and had been provided with chemical and biological weapons by the Bush administration some of which he used to exterminate Kurds, that the US would condone his invasion. He expected only some diplomatic noise as he rolled into Kuwait.

Glaspie, a long-time member of the Foreign Service, who knew full well how important diplomatic language is in sensitive potentially dangerous situations, then told Saddam that the US “Has no opinion on Arab-Arab conflicts” which Saddam interpreted as “By all means, go ahead and take Kuwait, we will not do anything”. Saddam invaded Kuwait a few days later and the Gulf War ensued. Glaspie has never been held responsible for her ineptitude and the millions of deaths that incompetence led to and neither has Bush the Elder. By the way, the incident is likely the seed that spawned the first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993 which failed to take down the structure.

In 2001 Bush the younger was elected and the second attack on the World Trade Center utterly leveled it with skyjacked domestic airliners killing thousands. Nearly all the skyjackers were from Saudi Arabia; none had any connection to Iraq. When Bush told the American people that the people who had done this would hear from us very soon, they scratched their heads as Bush decided to attack Iraq that had nothing to do with the attack on American soil. Bush ignored the Saudi connection and promptly crafted a plan to attack Saddam Hussein under the pretense that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that Bush assumed must have still existed because his father had given them to Iraq years before.

The Entire Iraq war had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction. It was to distract attention away from Saudi Arabia, the real culprit and to cover up the ineptitude of Bush’s father who was the one responsible for all the death and bloodshed that followed. The war in Iraq was to protect the legacy of the Bush’s.

Talk about irony. Bush blurted it out nationally. It was no Freudian slip; the truth jumped from his lips.

Is George W. Bush's latest gaffe his worst of all time?

April Glaspie - Interesting stories about famous people, biographies, humorous stories, photos and videos. (fampeople.com)

Blowback as Bush gaffes Iraq war, not Ukraine, 'unjustified' | National Politics | elkodaily.com
His gaffe was actually the truth. The man is a war criminal who should be in solitary at Supermax, in the cell next to him should be Obama.

Why would they be shipped west? Because the closest port to the middle east is on the west coast. I remind you, at that time most of our military was using NATO Green as a standard. We are talking 1990. Because, you know, between say late 60' Vietnam conflict and then NATO in the late 80s' we were at that time, concerned with the fucking RUSSIANS. Remember those guys? Dessert camouflage won't work well in eastern Europe. There was no rational reason to switch...UNLESS SOMEBODY somewhere KNEW we where going to be involved in Iraq a head of time.
Operation Mass Appeal began in 1998 to sell the invasion of Iraq.

Wrong.
You clearly did not read the Glaspie transcripts.
Saddam never intended to keep Kuwait, but to just end the reign of the corrupt emir.
The point was the emir of Kuwait was stealing Iraqi oil and dumping well below prices set by treaty.
It was bankrupting Iraq.
They had heavy war debt they could make the payments on, due to Kuwait theft of oil.
So it was NOT an evil land grab as you are claiming.
It was a last ditch effort to not go bankrupt.
The debt was from OPEC quota. Saudi Arabia forgave Saddam's debt, Kuwait wouldn't and kept taking Iraqi oil.

History is controversial and it makes tempers flare. But looking back we can see how Bush the younger was acting to shift the blame for the attacks on the World Trade Center from his father and Saudi Arabia to Iraq and Saddam Hussein. Saddam had outlived his usefulness and he was a menace to the region, so he made a convenient scapegoat for a war to cover for Washington and Bush's father whose legacy was in danger of being exposed.

It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is all right there. The same thing is happening with Russia and Ukraine. This is how Wahington rolls.

Saddam Hussein gave the order to have President HW Bush whacked.

Dubya had no choice by to seek vengeance and return the favor.

A lot of people forget , by HW was Dubya's father. I would have done the same to avenge my old man.

So what were you doing during your supposed career as a submariner?
I never said I had a "career" as a submariner. I was assigned to a fleet ballistic missile submarine, completed a war patrol, and qualified submarines.

Do you want hear about my exploits with naval aviation? How about amphibious warfare as a boat group commander for the Marines?

History is controversial and it makes tempers flare. But looking back we can see how Bush the younger was acting to shift the blame for the attacks on the World Trade Center from his father and Saudi Arabia to Iraq and Saddam Hussein. Saddam had outlived his usefulness and he was a menace to the region, so he made a convenient scapegoat for a war to cover for Washington and Bush's father whose legacy was in danger of being exposed.

It is a bitter pill to swallow but it is all right there. The same thing is happening with Russia and Ukraine. This is how Wahington rolls.

That is a liberal fabrication that you are spouting. Show me a quote showing Bush saying Saddam was responsible for 9/11. A lot of libtards lied, and many libtards died on their own swords pushing this lie.

Ray, when was the last time you saw your doctor for a checkup?

Forum List

Back