Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Bin Laden’s Death

And you can't get past the point that there was intelligence developed while Bush was president that aided in finding and killing bin Laden.

Please comment on him not looking for Bin Laden after 2005. Please. He fucking stopped looking for him. Obama continued and found him. Bush...mission accomplished?

Please comment on the identity of bin Laden's courier being discovered under the Bush admin and the fact that all Bush said is that intelligence was developed during his admin which led to the finding/death of bin Laden. That's what we're arguing about here. That's all Bush said. Your drama queen friend is mischaracterizing the whole affair.

SWhy did he stop looking for him in 2005.

Sure the carrier was the same..Obama found out who it was and went to town and killed him.

Again, why did Bush stop looking for him in 2005? If McCain had won and had Bush idology (which he did) Bin laden would still be breathing.

AGAIN, WHY DID HE STOP LOOKING FOR HIM IN 2005. Cant address this can you. I FUCKING DARE YOU.

If Bush and Rice had taken Richard Clarke's pre-9/11 warnings seriously - there likely wouldn't have been a 9/11. Then, in 2001 Bush could have wiped bin Laden out at Tora Bora - but let him slip away.

By Alex Seitz-Wald

But Bush’s biggest misstep in the Bin Laden hunt occurred years before, in the early days of the war in Afghanistan. As a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report found, the Bush administration blew a critical opportunity to capture Bin Laden in 2001. Bin Laden was wounded and on the run, but top Bush national security officials rejected repeated pleas for reinforcements from commanders and intelligence officials fighting the terrorist leader in the caves of Tora Bora, despite the availability of resources.

Even when his own commanders and senior intelligence officials in Afghanistan and Washington argued for dispatching more U.S. troops, [Commanding Gen. Tommy] Franks refused to deviate from the plan.

The report “removes any lingering doubts and makes it clear that Osama bin Laden was within our grasp at Tora Bora,” but that decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputies, and other top administration officials allowed Bin Laden to escape.

The consequence of this missed ooportunity are tremendous. As Lt. Col. Reid Sawyer, the director of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, told NPR yesterday, “if bin Laden had been killed in Afghanistan eight years ago in the caves of Tora Bora, al-Qaida might well have died with him. Now the organization is diversified enough it could weather bin Laden’s death — and hardly miss a beat.”

More (with live supporting source links): ANALYSIS: Bush’s Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

Please comment on him not looking for Bin Laden after 2005. Please. He fucking stopped looking for him. Obama continued and found him. Bush...mission accomplished?

Please comment on the identity of bin Laden's courier being discovered under the Bush admin and the fact that all Bush said is that intelligence was developed during his admin which led to the finding/death of bin Laden. That's what we're arguing about here. That's all Bush said. Your drama queen friend is mischaracterizing the whole affair.

Sure the carrier was the same..Obama found out who it was and went to town and killed him.

Again, why did Bush stop looking for him in 2005? If McCain had won and had Bush idology (which he did) Bin laden would still be breathing.

AGAIN, WHY DID HE STOP LOOKING FOR HIM IN 2005. Cant address this can you. I FUCKING DARE YOU.

He did not stop looking for him in 2005.

The realignment reflects a view that Al Qaeda is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, intelligence officials said, and a growing concern about Qaeda-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of Mr. bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Agency officials said that tracking Mr. bin Laden and his deputies remained a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit was not a sign that the effort had slackened. Instead, the officials said, it reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals.

"The efforts to find Osama bin Laden are as strong as ever," said Jennifer Millerwise Dyck, a C.I.A. spokeswoman. "This is an agile agency, and the decision was made to ensure greater reach and focus."

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden - New York Times

Whether he stopped looking for him or not DOES NOT MATTER IN THIS DISCUSSION.

All Bush said is that intelligence was developed under his administration which aided in finding/killing bin Laden. THAT IS AN UNDISPUTED FACT.

They identified bin Laden's courier - the person which lead the Obama administration to the location of bin Laden.

Your assertion that he stopped looking for him has ZERO bearing on the FACT that in ALL ACTUALITY, intelligence was developed which assisted in finding bin Laden.

If Bush and Rice had taken Richard Clarke's pre-9/11 warnings seriously - there likely wouldn't have been a 9/11. Then, in 2001 Bush could have wiped bin Laden out at Tora Bora - but let him slip away.

By Alex Seitz-Wald

But Bush’s biggest misstep in the Bin Laden hunt occurred years before, in the early days of the war in Afghanistan. As a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report found, the Bush administration blew a critical opportunity to capture Bin Laden in 2001. Bin Laden was wounded and on the run, but top Bush national security officials rejected repeated pleas for reinforcements from commanders and intelligence officials fighting the terrorist leader in the caves of Tora Bora, despite the availability of resources.

Even when his own commanders and senior intelligence officials in Afghanistan and Washington argued for dispatching more U.S. troops, [Commanding Gen. Tommy] Franks refused to deviate from the plan.

The report “removes any lingering doubts and makes it clear that Osama bin Laden was within our grasp at Tora Bora,” but that decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputies, and other top administration officials allowed Bin Laden to escape.

The consequence of this missed ooportunity are tremendous. As Lt. Col. Reid Sawyer, the director of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, told NPR yesterday, “if bin Laden had been killed in Afghanistan eight years ago in the caves of Tora Bora, al-Qaida might well have died with him. Now the organization is diversified enough it could weather bin Laden’s death — and hardly miss a beat.”

More (with live supporting source links): ANALYSIS: Bush’s Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

And IF Clinton had gotten him there would not have been any 9-11.

NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government. It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture bin Laden. Critics call it a missed opportunity.

In the fall of 2000, in Afghanistan, unmanned, unarmed spy planes called Predators flew over known al-Qaida training camps. The pictures that were transmitted live to CIA headquarters show al-Qaida terrorists firing at targets, conducting military drills and then scattering on cue through the desert.

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News - msnbc.com

You not only are a lying idiot, you also are a deaf fool.

The rabid right was too busy trying to impeach President Clinton for cigar-flavoring to worry about finding Osama bin Laden. I remember thinking while the Clinton witch hunts were taking place that Republicans were putting America at great risk - and they were!

It's not an altogether unrealistic assessment.

Could you please comment on how he ended the commision to get Bin Laden a couple years after 9/11.....could ya.

All I can say is this...9/11 happened on his fucking watch. Period.

Damn, if Obama could have given his sooper dooper Cairo speech before 2001, the 9/11 attacks would have never happened.........:cuckoo:

The rabid right was too busy trying to impeach President Clinton for cigar-flavoring to worry about finding Osama bin Laden. I remember thinking while the Clinton witch hunts were taking place that Republicans were putting America at great risk - and they were!

Lol, you are soooo full of shit! :lol:

Lol, you are soooo full of shit! :lol:
Up to his lying pie hole. Clinton is the one that failed to get obl after he was offered to him on a silver platter.

LOL you even have an excuse as to why Clinton did not get Bin Laden. I guess you forget that he was aquited of impeachment for PERJURY a year before he ignored the intelligence on OBL in 2000.

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities - Nightly News - msnbc.com

How does Bush deserve credit? In 2005, Bush shut down the CIA’s unit dedicated to finding bin Laden in order to shift resources to Iraq.

Link??

From your OP:
was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,

Even Obama said the same thing.
I never thought I'd hear you call Obama a liar.....

:eusa_hand:

Did Clinton Pass on Killing bin Laden?

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

FULL QUESTION: Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? Did he refuse? Was there cause at the time?

FULL ANSWER: Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden? | FactCheck.org

How does Bush deserve credit? In 2005, Bush shut down the CIA’s unit dedicated to finding bin Laden in order to shift resources to Iraq.

I just Explained to you why he deserves some Credit along with Obama. It's not my fault you can't read.

Yet we still got him, Guess a special CIA unit tasked to the job wasn't needed.

Last edited:
By Ben Armbruster

President Bush sat down with USA Today to discuss the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and his role in shaping U.S. policy in their aftermath. During the interview, Bush thought he’d take the opportunity to pat himself on the back for Osama bin Laden’s death:

Bush said the events that led to the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in May began during his administration.

“The work that was done by intelligence communities during my presidency was part of putting together the puzzle that enabled us to see the full picture of how bin Laden was communicating and eventually where he was hiding,” he said. “It began the day after 9/11.”

The reality, of course, is that Bush’s attempts to capture or kill bin Laden were huge failures.

More: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

In other words, Bush is trying to take credit for getting bin Laden. Laughable...
"Think Porgress", again, Tonto?

Christ, injun, do you ever have a credible source, Lil' Brown 'coon Turd (Or whatever your silly injun name is)?

Last edited:
You weren't thinkin' a damn thing back then, Sitting Elk, accept how to lobby the tribe for a "wet" reservation.

"Think Porgress, again, Tonto?

Christ, injun, do you ever have a credible source, Lil' Brown 'coon Turd (Or whatever your silly injun name is)?

As always - FUCK YOU, Pee-wee Ranger!

Forum List

Back