Building explosion in Minneapolis injures 14 people

Fire Chief John Fruetel said Thursday that some residents had smelled some kind of gas before the explosion, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Sounds like I was right: idiot with a propane heater!

That sounds far more likely but, as I said, there is too little evidence to form a workable theory at the moment.
If that was the cause, they'll find loads of evidence as the investigation goes on.

The fire department are professionals; not morons on forums who want to spread hate.

with the possibility of several dead !

Building explosion in Minneapolis injures 14 people, 6 critically, authorities say | Fox News

The cause of the fire is still under investigation. "We don’t know the reason for the fire,"

i am guessing it was caused by making explosives that were intended for a bombing in the local malls, christian churches, etc.

Minneapolis Fire Chief John Fruetel said 14 people were injured and transported to area hospitals following a fiery blast at approximately 8:15 a.m. The victims have injuries ranging from burns to trauma. Some fell or jumped from the windows of the three-story building following the explosion.

i wonder if the muslimes will allow the "authorities" in the building remains to investigate the cause. hummmmmmm bomb making equipment/supplies ???

Please post evidence to support your conclusions.

However, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, a natural gas utility, said the company had "no natural gas in the area," the newspaper reported. Fruetel said the explosion was likely caused by a bomb.

Did he say that? Problem is, the newspaper seems to have lied.

Body recovered from Minneapolis apartment building after New Year's Day explosion | Mail Online

Watch the video - he said no such thing.
Why do people feel the need to lie when they just look like idiots for doing so?
Who knows?

Did he say such a thing?

Did the LA Times lie?

Did the LA Times get the wrong information?

Was the video edited?

Did he say anything about a bomb before or after the segment shown on the video - off-camera?

Did he say it later, once he received preliminary feedback from investigators?

Who knows?

The LA Times article didn't say.

They were peaceful Muslims defusing a bomb set there by far right wing nut Christian extremists.

And you call me reactionary!

Thanks for the laugh.

Has anyone heard anything more about the poor people who were hurt? Hopefully no deaths but its freezing cold and they're homeless now.

Terrible and sad.

I am having fun with the far right reactionary fruit loops.

Gas Leak Suspected Cause of Minneapolis ?Little Mogadishu? Explosion, Fire : The Other McCain
Investigators believe that the fire that tore through a three-story apartment building in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood on New Year’s Day was caused by a natural gas leak, according to sources familiar with the probe.
While no final determination has been made, a source close to the law enforcement investigation said that it is believed that the initial explosion occurred at the ground level of the building.Homeland Security personnel were on the scene in the aftermath of the fire that sent 14 people to hospitals, six in critical condition.
They were there to determine if there was anything suspicious about the explosion. But investigators believe that the description of a fireball and early evidence at the scene match what typically happens in a gas explosion investigators believe, the source said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/body-victim-found-minneapolis-fire-21411995
Fire Chief John Fruetel said Thursday that investigators are focusing on a gas explosion as a possible cause due to the nature of the debris field and because some witnesses spoke of an odor. However, he added the exact cause may never be determined.

Becca Virden, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, said there were no natural gas leaks in the system and that the utility received no reports of a suspicious odor before the blast.

Greg Boosalis, supervisory special agent with the FBI in Minneapolis, said the investigation is continuing, but at this juncture there is no evidence of terrorist activity. Boosalis said the FBI has been assisting Minneapolis officials in a "support role."

I have spoken extensively with many hundreds (at least) of Russians since 9/11. One of their admirable qualities (to generalize) is their frankness, and not all have been big fans of the US, but none have expressed such extreme views as you mentioned. This makes me wonder...

repeating. You are an outsider. You won't be told in your face what they really think about your country because 1) it is impolite 2) it is not PC

You don't have to repeat yourself, I caught the fallacy the first time. You claim to be so very familiar with Russian people, but it certainly has not been my experience that a particular concern for PC politeness is a notable characteristic.

That having been said, you can easily find Americans who will say anything - positive or negative - about America. Does that mean that each and every opinion and attitude can be generalized as "what Americans think"? I think not.

keep living in the dream land.

Putin is your friend :lol:

Plus you do not know that people who have been through the commie censorship( and it is still there with Putin's censorship) always know what is appropriate to say to anybody.

What is it you think I don't know now?

as a matter of fact I think you know nothing about what I was talking at all. Therefore your ignorant response. I should not have wasted my words at you on this particular matter

keep dreaming.

Putin is your friend.

Last edited:
Gas Leak Suspected Cause of Minneapolis ?Little Mogadishu? Explosion, Fire : The Other McCain
Investigators believe that the fire that tore through a three-story apartment building in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood on New Year’s Day was caused by a natural gas leak, according to sources familiar with the probe.
While no final determination has been made, a source close to the law enforcement investigation said that it is believed that the initial explosion occurred at the ground level of the building.Homeland Security personnel were on the scene in the aftermath of the fire that sent 14 people to hospitals, six in critical condition.
They were there to determine if there was anything suspicious about the explosion. But investigators believe that the description of a fireball and early evidence at the scene match what typically happens in a gas explosion investigators believe, the source said.

Body of 2nd Victim Found After Minneapolis Fire - ABC News
Fire Chief John Fruetel said Thursday that investigators are focusing on a gas explosion as a possible cause due to the nature of the debris field and because some witnesses spoke of an odor. However, he added the exact cause may never be determined.

Becca Virden, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, said there were no natural gas leaks in the system and that the utility received no reports of a suspicious odor before the blast.

Greg Boosalis, supervisory special agent with the FBI in Minneapolis, said the investigation is continuing, but at this juncture there is no evidence of terrorist activity. Boosalis said the FBI has been assisting Minneapolis officials in a "support role."

Hang on...

Second body found following Minneapolis apartment explosion, fire - latimes.com

However, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, a natural gas utility, said the company had "no natural gas in the area,"

No gas turns in no gas leaks.

Basically, people are saying what they want to be true, not what is actually true.

As for posters who are condemning the dead and injured as bomb makers; there is absolutely no evidence of this so, if you want to peddle bollocks, do so in public, giving your name and address so legal action can be taken against you if you're wrong.

Of course, you won't because you know you'll get taken to the cleaners.

Lies are everywhere about this.
One right wing BS internet outlet is telling the world about a load of single men who lived there whilst the hospital is reporting women with fall related injuries.
No one except the idiots are talking about a bomb.

The business looks like any other small store and there seems to have been little problem in the area.

https://plus.google.com/102701546005021474254/about?gl=id&hl=en

There was a murder at that address, one man, seemingly suffering from PTSD, killed his room mate after an argument.

However, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, a natural gas utility, said the company had "no natural gas in the area," the newspaper reported. Fruetel said the explosion was likely caused by a bomb.

Did he say that? Problem is, the newspaper seems to have lied.

Body recovered from Minneapolis apartment building after New Year's Day explosion | Mail Online

Watch the video - he said no such thing.
Why do people feel the need to lie when they just look like idiots for doing so?
Who knows?

Did he say such a thing?

Did the LA Times lie?

Did the LA Times get the wrong information?

Was the video edited?

Did he say anything about a bomb before or after the segment shown on the video - off-camera?

Did he say it later, once he received preliminary feedback from investigators?

Who knows?

The LA Times article didn't say.

The LA Times lies all the time. A couple of times the parent Tribune company has come in from Chicago and fired the whole editorial staff for lying.

No, I am not.

You are an outsider. They are assholes, but thy won't tell it to your face knowing you are "real American".

I have spoken extensively with many hundreds (at least) of Russians since 9/11. One of their admirable qualities (to generalize) is their frankness, and not all have been big fans of the US, but none have expressed such extreme views as you mentioned. This makes me wonder...

Why the fuck would anyone, Russian or otherwise, tell you anything?.

Why wouldn't they?

repeating. You are an outsider. You won't be told in your face what they really think about your country because 1) it is impolite 2) it is not PC

You don't have to repeat yourself, I caught the fallacy the first time. You claim to be so very familiar with Russian people, but it certainly has not been my experience that a particular concern for PC politeness is a notable characteristic.

That having been said, you can easily find Americans who will say anything - positive or negative - about America. Does that mean that each and every opinion and attitude can be generalized as "what Americans think"? I think not.

keep living in the dream land.

Putin is your friend

Never met him. Sorry to upset you.

with the possibility of several dead !

Building explosion in Minneapolis injures 14 people, 6 critically, authorities say | Fox News

The cause of the fire is still under investigation. "We don’t know the reason for the fire,"

i am guessing it was caused by making explosives that were intended for a bombing in the local malls, christian churches, etc.

Minneapolis Fire Chief John Fruetel said 14 people were injured and transported to area hospitals following a fiery blast at approximately 8:15 a.m. The victims have injuries ranging from burns to trauma. Some fell or jumped from the windows of the three-story building following the explosion.

i wonder if the muslimes will allow the "authorities" in the building remains to investigate the cause. hummmmmmm bomb making equipment/supplies ???

Please post evidence to support your conclusions.

i am wondering if you have the intelligence to understand the difference between conclusions and suppositions.., apparently, NOT !

HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!
When I first read the thread title I thought it meant there had been a construction boom in 'Philips' and b/c there was so much construction it was inevitable that some construction workers were injured. LOL LOL!

Last week the PLO envoy to the Czech Republic, who enjoyed full diplomatic privileges, was blown up and killed in his apartment in Prague - was this reported in the US?

The Czechs are saying there is no evidence of any outside involvement. The supposition that he was making or handling a bomb is not unreasonable, given the record that Arab terrorists have acquired for own goals.

The PLO is saying A) that he was opening a safe that had been closed and locked for thirty years and B) That he was murdered by Mossad. There is not, of course, any obligation on 'Palestinians' that their official pronouncement be consistent.

Oh - and the Czech press is reporting that when the police arrived they found explosives and weapons in other rooms of the envoy's residence.

Forum List

Back