Buffalo river, Arkansas.

trobinett

Oct 25, 2004
Arkansas, The Ozarks
My brother, and me, just got back from the Buffalo River. Located in the Northern part of the Ozarks, its a "natural" river, with no dams.

We like the Erbie area, more of a "wilderness" area to get to, about seven miles down a gravel road from AR 7.

Great little campground, and a great jumping off point for cannoning, and hiking.

We stayed over for six days, and had a ball. Did lots of hiking, and went to bed at night exhausted.:D

There's an old "homestead" about a mile and a half from the campground. You can walk through the house, and all the barns, really quite cool. Its so far off the path, that no one has tore the place up, yet.:boohoo:

We normally go camping in RV's, but this place is just so beautiful, we couldn't pass it up.

My brother has a 28' fifth wheel, with two slide outs, beatiful rig, with all the bells.

I have a 28' bumper pull, that I've customized for my use.

I pull my trailer with a 1 ton Econoline Van Super Club. It has the room to put my Harley inside, and protect it from the servere weather in Arkansas.

Anyhoo, had a great time, can't wait to pull the trailer out to our favorite place, LongPool...........

Wagons hoooo...

My brother, and me, just got back from the Buffalo River. Located in the Northern part of the Ozarks, its a "natural" river, with no dams.

We like the Erbie area, more of a "wilderness" area to get to, about seven miles down a gravel road from AR 7.

Great little campground, and a great jumping off point for cannoning, and hiking.

We stayed over for six days, and had a ball. Did lots of hiking, and went to bed at night exhausted.:D

There's an old "homestead" about a mile and a half from the campground. You can walk through the house, and all the barns, really quite cool. Its so far off the path, that no one has tore the place up, yet.:boohoo:

We normally go camping in RV's, but this place is just so beautiful, we couldn't pass it up.

My brother has a 28' fifth wheel, with two slide outs, beatiful rig, with all the bells.

I have a 28' bumper pull, that I've customized for my use.

I pull my trailer with a 1 ton Econoline Van Super Club. It has the room to put my Harley inside, and protect it from the servere weather in Arkansas.

Anyhoo, had a great time, can't wait to pull the trailer out to our favorite place, LongPool...........

Wagons hoooo...

Sounds like heaven !!

About the closest I've been in my 60 years.:dance:

Just the fact that your "checking out" the camping area of our little board, I would guess YOU like to camp.

You like to hike?

Mountain bike?

ATV?

Canoe?

Or just kick back and enjoy the silence?

I love it--When I get out I prefer it to be a place near the water where my son and I can fish but hiking is a blast too-----no atvs or bikes but I usually have my camera. The weather is getting to be great for camping Texas style ! Pick-up and a sleeping bag !!

I love it--When I get out I prefer it to be a place near the water where my son and I can fish but hiking is a blast too-----no atvs or bikes but I usually have my camera. The weather is getting to be great for camping Texas style ! Pick-up and a sleeping bag !!

God, its been years since I've camped like that. Laid out in the back of a P.U. bed looking at the starts, pretty cool really.

Years ago, my wife, and me were exploring ghost towns in the Northern Sierra's. Gets real spooky sometimes, laying in bed of your old P.U. in the ally, along side an old hotel at about 7000' up in the mountains. No one around, and it looks like you can reach up and touch the stars.

We did that for two years, first year in a P.U. truck, second year stayed at an old resort, came back every night, and stayed in our cabin. Had more fun staying in the back of the P.U..

Thanks for reminding me buddy...............

One of, heck maybe the best camping trip I've ever been on was a two day canoe trip. Small rapids, nature, a dam we had to get over, camping on the bank....It was great!

Yea, I'd like to do the Grand Canyon, down to Ghost Ranch, the whole nine yards.

Problem is, don't have two weeks to devote to it, right now.:tears1:

I spent an entire summer (8 weeks) at Camp Orr, a Boy Scout camp along the Buffalo. I ran the boating area. It has some of the most beautiful scenery known to mankind, and it even has a natural pool fed by both a waterfall and a natural spring. The water's never above about 60 degrees, so it's a great way to cool off on the 100 degree+ days (which is most of the days in June, July, and August.

Forum List

Back