Bristol's fiance has 'secret ex-wife'

Bristol Palin's wedding CALLED OFF: Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom's 'secret ex-wife was revealed'
  • The former vice presidential candidate said Monday that planned barbecue would still happen but the wedding is off
  • A friend of groom Dakota Meyer's former wife, Cassandra Wain, said recently the couple 'realized it was a mistake' to get married in 2008
  • She said in a Facebook post to Meyer that they had 'remained civil' and she didn't understand why he was trying to hide the marriage
Sarah Palin took to Facebook on Monday to reveal that her 24-year-old daughter Bristol will not be wed to ex-Marine Dakota Meyer this coming Saturday as previously planned.

News of the nixed nuptials comes just days after accusations emerged that 26-year-old Meyer had covered up a 'secret wife' he married at 19 and soon divorced.

The former vice presidential candidate did not give a reason for the cancellation. However, Mrs. Palin did say a celebration would still be held on May 23.

SARAH PALIN ANNOUNCES ON FACEBOOK THAT BRISTOL'S IS WEDDING OFF

Bristol and Dakota couldn’t be more thankful for the love and support of family and friends over the past months while preparing for their wedding. They have informed loved ones that unfortunately the announced celebration planned for May 23 will not be held. Many friends and family still look forward to getting together that day in Kentucky anyway – and the Palins and Meyers are happily looking forward to still being at "the old Kentucky home" on May 23 to celebrate life, in general! Family members and close friends know they are welcome to share a great bar-b-que on the farm that day. All involved, especially Dakota, Bristol and Tripp, and their parents and grandparents, thank supporters for the love they've expressed.

And friends, please see Bristol's message clearing up rumors that tabloids salivate over:

'Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about “secret wives”, Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers. As usual, false stories and dramatically written headlines begging controversy should be disregarded, and we have faith that our privacy will be respected at this time by those with decency. Thank you! – Bristol'

-Sarah Palin

Source: Facebook

Read more: Bristol Palin s wedding CALLED OFF Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom s secret ex-wife was revealed Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So what?

Why would this matter so much that he would lie about it?

Needless to say, I wish the couple every happiness.

As for $imple $arah, if she really wanted their privacy respected, she would have announced this on Facebook.
Why would you post that here?

Why the hell yould you care about her personal life? Are you some kind of mind-fucked psychotic stalker or something?

WTF dude?

Oh really, fake Marine? LOL.....

Actually, I've been following the conversation between you, the village idiot of USMB, and WW. He's right. Lawsuits are not the reason why Palin gave up her dayjob in 2010.

Oh really, fake german? LOL....

Actually, you'd agree with a mod if they called you a pervert....of course that's true so your options are limited. And you don't know anything about the Palin story so shut your toothless yap.

You seem angry, dottering old man.

Just for the record, the majority of Alaskan's supported Palin resigning in order to run for V.P. - even if we would not have voted for her. There's this pride thing that still exists up here; she had an opportunity to do something "bigger" than Alaska and the vast majority of us were pretty much all fine with it.

What we Alaskan's have learned is that you lower 48'ers are not "our kind" of people. We're apparently more friendly and nice, perhaps more like Canadian's, than what we see of the continental USA. You folks down there are disgustingly cruel to each other and have /no/ respect for a regular person. Down there you /want/ career politicians who are little more than actors on a stage, up here we tend to prefer "real people." We like honest to the point folks who are not afraid to say what they think, who don't constantly twist words to please the masses, who ignore drama for the most part, and who are not "dead set" on a specific party platform - and our politics, and the politicians that win in our state, are more... old fashioned because of that.

Palin was always too churchy/preachy for me personally, but I can't disrespect her simply for having real life problems, I can't disrespect her for going through issues that her fellow real American's have; teen pregnancy, disagreements with neighbors and friends, and speaking her mind and catching shit for it. Lower 48'ers make me laugh quite often because they bitch constantly about how out of touch the wealthy and politicians are with the majority of Americans, then turn around and destroy anyone who is a genuine person; and not even particularly because of their platform either, but because of the real life problems she had in common with a good majority of the country. While lower 48ers see those problems as a reason to attack her, Alaskan's tend to hope that she could help do something about those common man problems. I suppose it's kind of a glass half empty vs a glass half full mentality difference.

On the plus side, no Alaskan is likely to run again; any politician that could make it in Alaska, simply will not make it in the national arena. We're not "fake" enough to cut it...

Just for the record, the majority of Alaskan's supported Palin resigning in order to run for V.P. - even if we would not have voted for her. There's this pride thing that still exists up here; she had an opportunity to do something "bigger" than Alaska and the vast majority of us were pretty much all fine with it.

What we Alaskan's have learned is that you lower 48'ers are not "our kind" of people. We're apparently more friendly and nice, perhaps more like Canadian's, than what we see of the continental USA. You folks down there are disgustingly cruel to each other and have /no/ respect for a regular person. Down there you /want/ career politicians who are little more than actors on a stage, up here we tend to prefer "real people." We like honest to the point folks who are not afraid to say what they think, who don't constantly twist words to please the masses, who ignore drama for the most part, and who are not "dead set" on a specific party platform - and our politics, and the politicians that win in our state, are more... old fashioned because of that.

Palin was always too churchy/preachy for me personally, but I can't disrespect her simply for having real life problems, I can't disrespect her for going through issues that her fellow real American's have; teen pregnancy, disagreements with neighbors and friends, and speaking her mind and catching shit for it. Lower 48'ers make me laugh quite often because they bitch constantly about how out of touch the wealthy and politicians are with the majority of Americans, then turn around and destroy anyone who is a genuine person; and not even particularly because of their platform either, but because of the real life problems she had in common with a good majority of the country. While lower 48ers see those problems as a reason to attack her, Alaskan's tend to hope that she could help do something about those common man problems. I suppose it's kind of a glass half empty vs a glass half full mentality difference.

On the plus side, no Alaskan is likely to run again; any politician that could make it in Alaska, simply will not make it in the national arena. We're not "fake" enough to cut it...
Sorry that you feel like some kind of victim. Perhaps if you knew the real facts you would not be doing all that whining. For example, you start your pity us in Alaska lecture with the statement that Palin resigned in order to run for VP. That of course is misinformation and it is obvious someone lied to you. Palin was a VP candidate from the end of August until November of 2008. She resigned her governorship at the beginning of July 2009. But you are in Alaska and perhaps my information is wrong. If not, it is hard to take a person serious when they open a post with such blatant misinformation. Why would anyone expect truth or accuracy to follow?

Uhhh, Palin did not resign to run for VP.

She resigned about 1.5 years after having lost the 2008 election.

Sorry that you feel like some kind of victim. Perhaps if you knew the real facts you would not be doing all that whining. For example, you start your pity us in Alaska lecture with the statement that Palin resigned in order to run for VP. That of course is misinformation and it is obvious someone lied to you. Palin was a VP candidate from the end of August until November of 2008. She resigned her governorship at the beginning of July 2009. But you are in Alaska and perhaps my information is wrong. If not, it is hard to take a person serious when they open a post with such blatant misinformation. Why would anyone expect truth or accuracy to follow?

I actually meant P there, habit, but anyway yea, maybe Alaskan's were privy to information the general public of the lower 48 wasn't? Everyone up here knew that Governor Palin was going to try for GOP presidential nomination in 2012. Personal, political, and financial issues ultimately stopped her from moving forward with that. Alaskan's were mostly alright with her resignation on that basis, and even with her not running because we know sometimes shit happens.

In any event, I'm not sure how you got "victim" from any of that... Rest assured though, there is no need to feel sorry for us Alaskan's, just stay out and let us have our "back-woods" thing; most of us prefer it to lower 48 political tactics.

oh so getting elected a woman Governor is now considered Mediocre
well who knew. Everyone of you has a hand in diminishing what she out of few has accomplished
way to go

No, she actually diminished what she did. If she had merely taken her loss in 2008 in stride and kept doing her job, and actually became more knowledgeable on issues, she might have been a contender in 2012 or 2016.

Instead, she became a reality TV star.

No, she actually diminished what she did. If she had merely taken her loss in 2008 in stride and kept doing her job, and actually became more knowledgeable on issues, she might have been a contender in 2012 or 2016.

Instead, she became a reality TV star.

I agree on that. Though I sometimes wonder if she thought the "reality show" aspect would bring her up to the level of national politics.

Meh, she'd not have gotten my vote either way. I was never that fond of her. I once had a buddy, who was a supporter of her, start calling me "Palin." It was a bit of an internal conflict for me, I knew he actually meant it respectfully, but I still felt insulted. heh

Libtards still scared of the plains, how funny.

The "plains".

Finally, a rabid RW gets it right.

Fact is, no one would pay any attention to this bunch of trailer trash if $arah wasn't constantly pushing herself into the headlines. You know what they say -- no such thing as bad publicity. Although, their drunken crashing an innocent neighbor's party should have been very bad.
You talk trailer trash, yet you support the Clintons. The original trailer trash.

They don't:eek-52: Wow, you really have no clue how the Courts work, do you. And no, I'm a proud Liberal Democrat buddy boy, I have never claimed otherwise. As far as collecting scalps, first you would have to have the skill to track me down....good luck with that. Then you would have to figure out how to defeat me, and once again, good luck with that.

While you have been playing on the various boards you're so proud of, I have been working in academia and in government. So you play at it, but I do it.

See the difference sonny boy?

:lol: Since I was a combat LRRP
was that before or after you and gomer pyle joined the marines?

Palin has made a second career of dishing it out on the conservative rubber chicken circuit

Seems now she can't take it

You reap what you sow

Palin has made a second career of dishing it out on the conservative rubber chicken circuit

Seems now she can't take it

You reap what you sow
This will help her bona fides in that realm. Can't be a conservative mouthpiece without talking about how mean everyone is to you by talking about your private life. And god. And the troops. Flag. 9/11. 'Murica.

This will help her bona fides in that realm. Can't be a conservative mouthpiece without talking about how mean everyone is to you by talking about your private life. And god. And the troops. Flag. 9/11. 'Murica.
YfaonsU.png

The irony here is that half the commenters on this board get pissed when I show less sympathy than I should for minimum wage workers who can't seem to get their asses out of minimum wage pay-grade. To each their own form of "acceptable sympathy" I suppose.

Regardless, I was merely point out the ridiculousness of bitching that politicians who have no concept of how most Americans live, then turn around and attacking those who are not publicly, morally, and financially above them. It's amusing.

Libtards still scared of the plains, how funny.

Scared of white trash bible thumping whores? :itsok::laugh2:
Nope; I like to "harass" women on the Right for not having enough moral fortitude to simply fornicate me into modern relationships in modern times; not just for fun and practice, but especially for the moral goodness of true witness bearing and to be a better help-meet in modern times, so i don't have to lie for sex. :p

Forum List

Back