Bristol's fiance has 'secret ex-wife'

Bristol Palin's wedding CALLED OFF: Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom's 'secret ex-wife was revealed'
  • The former vice presidential candidate said Monday that planned barbecue would still happen but the wedding is off
  • A friend of groom Dakota Meyer's former wife, Cassandra Wain, said recently the couple 'realized it was a mistake' to get married in 2008
  • She said in a Facebook post to Meyer that they had 'remained civil' and she didn't understand why he was trying to hide the marriage
Sarah Palin took to Facebook on Monday to reveal that her 24-year-old daughter Bristol will not be wed to ex-Marine Dakota Meyer this coming Saturday as previously planned.

News of the nixed nuptials comes just days after accusations emerged that 26-year-old Meyer had covered up a 'secret wife' he married at 19 and soon divorced.

The former vice presidential candidate did not give a reason for the cancellation. However, Mrs. Palin did say a celebration would still be held on May 23.

SARAH PALIN ANNOUNCES ON FACEBOOK THAT BRISTOL'S IS WEDDING OFF

Bristol and Dakota couldn’t be more thankful for the love and support of family and friends over the past months while preparing for their wedding. They have informed loved ones that unfortunately the announced celebration planned for May 23 will not be held. Many friends and family still look forward to getting together that day in Kentucky anyway – and the Palins and Meyers are happily looking forward to still being at "the old Kentucky home" on May 23 to celebrate life, in general! Family members and close friends know they are welcome to share a great bar-b-que on the farm that day. All involved, especially Dakota, Bristol and Tripp, and their parents and grandparents, thank supporters for the love they've expressed.

And friends, please see Bristol's message clearing up rumors that tabloids salivate over:

'Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about “secret wives”, Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers. As usual, false stories and dramatically written headlines begging controversy should be disregarded, and we have faith that our privacy will be respected at this time by those with decency. Thank you! – Bristol'

-Sarah Palin

Source: Facebook

Read more: Bristol Palin s wedding CALLED OFF Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom s secret ex-wife was revealed Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So what?

Why would this matter so much that he would lie about it?

Needless to say, I wish the couple every happiness.

As for $imple $arah, if she really wanted their privacy respected, she would have announced this on Facebook.

I just don't get what the big deal is.

Dakota married, then divorced. I am not so sure what is so secret about it.

But I agree, if Sarah Palin really doesn't want her family's privacy to be intruded upon, why in the fuck did she post this crap on facebook?

I just don't get what a scandal this is supposed to be. Why should this cause a marriage to be called off....

It didn't cause the marriage to be called off. The guy decided he didn't want all the crap that came with being in that family, and they negotiated a deal where they can say what ever they want to try to save face, just so long as he gets out of it. I would have done the same thing.

So... It is apparently left wingers that not only populate Ann Coulter's message boards... Rush's radio show... But now also Sarah Palin's Facebook page. Why am I not surprised?

The things you listed are similar in some small ways to Monty Python's Flying Circus. So absurd till they are funny. Python was much better at it though.

Bristol Palin's wedding CALLED OFF: Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom's 'secret ex-wife was revealed'
  • The former vice presidential candidate said Monday that planned barbecue would still happen but the wedding is off
  • A friend of groom Dakota Meyer's former wife, Cassandra Wain, said recently the couple 'realized it was a mistake' to get married in 2008
  • She said in a Facebook post to Meyer that they had 'remained civil' and she didn't understand why he was trying to hide the marriage
Sarah Palin took to Facebook on Monday to reveal that her 24-year-old daughter Bristol will not be wed to ex-Marine Dakota Meyer this coming Saturday as previously planned.

News of the nixed nuptials comes just days after accusations emerged that 26-year-old Meyer had covered up a 'secret wife' he married at 19 and soon divorced.

The former vice presidential candidate did not give a reason for the cancellation. However, Mrs. Palin did say a celebration would still be held on May 23.

Bristol and Dakota couldn’t be more thankful for the love and support of family and friends over the past months while preparing for their wedding. They have informed loved ones that unfortunately the announced celebration planned for May 23 will not be held. Many friends and family still look forward to getting together that day in Kentucky anyway – and the Palins and Meyers are happily looking forward to still being at "the old Kentucky home" on May 23 to celebrate life, in general! Family members and close friends know they are welcome to share a great bar-b-que on the farm that day. All involved, especially Dakota, Bristol and Tripp, and their parents and grandparents, thank supporters for the love they've expressed.

And friends, please see Bristol's message clearing up rumors that tabloids salivate over:

'Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about “secret wives”, Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers. As usual, false stories and dramatically written headlines begging controversy should be disregarded, and we have faith that our privacy will be respected at this time by those with decency. Thank you! – Bristol'

-Sarah Palin

Read more: Bristol Palin s wedding CALLED OFF Sarah Palin announces cancelled nuptials in Facebook post days after ex-Marine groom s secret ex-wife was revealed Daily Mail Online

So what?

As for $imple $arah, if she really wanted their privacy respected, she would have announced this on Facebook.

But I agree, if Sarah Palin really doesn't want her family's privacy to be intruded upon, why in the fuck did she post this crap on facebook?

I just don't get what a scandal this is supposed to be. Why should this cause a marriage to be called off....
A possible reason is: The Palins belong to a fundamentalist, evangelical church who likely frown on divorces. To marry a divorced man might not be accepted.

Really? But the Facebook entry says that the family already knew. So, if that were the case, why would they have ever agreed to a wedding between him and Bristol to begin with?

As usual, you're wrong. I mentioned the lawsuits in my first post. You really should learn how to read posts fully before making a fool of yourself. It's too late in this instance but consider it friendly advice for the future.

I been on these boards a lot longer than you have, dipshit....you got your dice in a vice all by yourself.

Oh really, fake Marine? LOL.....

Actually, I've been following the conversation between you, the village idiot of USMB, and WW. He's right. Lawsuits are not the reason why Palin gave up her dayjob in 2010.

Where do people get the idea that the Left is obsessed with Sarah Palin

LOL.

I'm not, and I'm still confused as to why this is supposed to be a scandal. I mean, Dakota Meyer is a dude, he likes women and surely he had some women long before he met Bristol. This is really a non-issue.

The only thing that makes it an issue is that Sarah Palin decided to go full-metal-facebook about it.

Nothing says "I value my privacy" more than spreading one's dirty laundry all over FB...

LOL.

A possible reason is: The Palins belong to a fundamentalist, evangelical church who likely frown on divorces. To marry a divorced man might not be accepted.

Another possibility is that leftist queers planned to disrupt the ceremony same as would have happened to Ross Perot's daughter's wedding. A good parent won't let their child suffer from their own vile enemy's tactics.

Poor fake marine, he sees 'enemies' all over the place.

He has really, really, REALLY lost his humanity.

It's coming from liberals so there's no way to tell whether the wedding was really called off or why.

-Sarah Palin

So what?

It didn't cause the marriage to be called off. The guy decided he didn't want all the crap that came with being in that family, and they negotiated a deal where they can say what ever they want to try to save face, just so long as he gets out of it. I would have done the same thing.

If that is the case, then in a couple of years, a book will come out...

-Sarah Palin

So what?

Could be, unless he also agreed to not write a book. Most people in that position would agree to almost anything just get away.

-Sarah Palin

So what?

Could be, unless he also agreed to not write a book. Most people in that position would agree to almost anything just get away.

Well, I was not in the room, and I assume, neither were you. Dakota is a true hero, a war hero, he has a world of respect from me, and if it didn't work out, it didn't work out. Weddings get called off all over the place.

I just don't get why Palin felt the need to trumpet this out all over Facebook.

It's coming from liberals so there's no way to tell whether the wedding was really called off or why.

Sarah Palin is a Liberal?
Sarah Palin hasn't said anything. This is from the Daily Mail as filtered through board liberals. The same board liberals who said Dakota Myers was a married man.

Uhm, Sarah Palin gave the information on HER Facebook account.

You drunk?
Did you just suck up a bowl? No reason was given. Did you miss that? Sarah Palin did not give a reason.

Sarah Palin hasn't said anything. This is from the Daily Mail as filtered through board liberals. The same board liberals who said Dakota Myers was a married man.

You drunk?
Did you just suck up a bowl? No reason was given. Did you miss that? Sarah Palin did not give a reason.

What are you for a stupid son of a bitch:

Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about “secret wives”, Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers.

-Sarah Palin

So what?

Well, I was not in the room, and I assume, neither were you. Dakota is a true hero, a war hero, he has a world of respect from me, and if it didn't work out, it didn't work out. Weddings get called off all over the place.

I just don't get why Palin felt the need to trumpet this out all over Facebook.

Of course, I wasn't in the room, and have no idea of what actually transpired, but in an effort to be " fair and balanced", I figured I should at least present what "SOME SAY" in the manner that we are all used to hearing on fox.

You drunk?

What are you for a stupid son of a bitch:

Regarding salacious headlines in recent days about “secret wives”, Dakota and I discussed our past relationships prior to our engagement. Dakota was legally divorced years ago, as any good reporter could and should have disclosed to readers.
His wife wasn't a secret. Only a secret from you. You and a few select liberals are claiming this is the reason. No one else. You don't even know if the wedding was called off or postponed. Liberals make it up as they go along.

New Topics

Forum List

Back