CDZ Bringing a little peace between gun debate sides.

Everyone here needs a hunter safety course in order to get their hunting license the first time. Everyone buying a gun for the first time should be required to take a gun safety course. Gun safety for kids is fine. They did it with us about blasting caps, and about getting into cars with strangers. We remembered.

Sorry....hunting isn't a right....so you support a Poll Tax on voting then? And a literacy test for voting...? How about a mandatory test on American history before you can vote?

That is the difference. A mandatory course would then be used to keep the poor and others from exercising a right......any fee, tax or test on a Right is unConstitutional.....my plan avoids all of those issues.
We need to take a test, which costs money, to drive a car. Because cars can be deadly weapons when used improperly. No different with guns. And I'm not sure there is a test at the end of these safety courses. Probably everyone who attends "passes." It raises awareness, which is enough. Although they aren't required, gun safety classes are regularly run around here and the gun dealers encourage them (sometimes teach them). There is nothing wrong with it, 2AGuy.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. You can't place restrictions on a right without very compelling reasons, like a felony.

WA State is a shall issue state and we are not having the problems that concern you. Is it bad in your area?

I forgot to add this...at the middle school level, where the kids are older...you can add the rules of gun safety.....

1. All guns are always loaded.

2. Keep your finger off the trigger.......

3. Never point the open end of the gun at another human being, animal, or wall of a home......

These are abbreviated and slightly from the actual rules...of which there are 4..... But they can go a long way to avoiding gun accidents with older children...
My house, growing up, was not a Christian household. So our first.lessons did not include prayers. Our first lessons, taught by my father, mother, uncles, friends, older siblings, from babyhood...were gun safety lessons. We had loaded guns in our houses. All of us. When we went to the houses of others, they had loaded guns. Family activities frequently were associated with shooting. There were guns in our vehicles, at school. Children in this country used to be quite comfortable with guns. It is only the last few decades that the commies have started pushing to eradicate them. It is not about safety. It is nothing but tyranny. This and land grabs...Christ city people are stupid.

Everyone here needs a hunter safety course in order to get their hunting license the first time. Everyone buying a gun for the first time should be required to take a gun safety course. Gun safety for kids is fine. They did it with us about blasting caps, and about getting into cars with strangers. We remembered.

Sorry....hunting isn't a right....so you support a Poll Tax on voting then? And a literacy test for voting...? How about a mandatory test on American history before you can vote?

That is the difference. A mandatory course would then be used to keep the poor and others from exercising a right......any fee, tax or test on a Right is unConstitutional.....my plan avoids all of those issues.
We need to take a test, which costs money, to drive a car. Because cars can be deadly weapons when used improperly. No different with guns. And I'm not sure there is a test at the end of these safety courses. Probably everyone who attends "passes." It raises awareness, which is enough. Although they aren't required, gun safety classes are regularly run around here and the gun dealers encourage them (sometimes teach them). There is nothing wrong with it, 2AGuy.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. You can't place restrictions on a right without very compelling reasons, like a felony.

WA State is a shall issue state and we are not having the problems that concern you. Is it bad in your area?
No. Hunting is pretty safe here and very few gun deaths. Maybe because safety is taken seriously? I know our local gun shop strongly encourages safety classes and places where people can learn to shoot, if it is their first weapon. Most people don't consider it an infringement on their rights to use their guns responsibly.

I forgot to add this...at the middle school level, where the kids are older...you can add the rules of gun safety.....

3. Never point the open end of the gun at another human being, animal, or wall of a home......

These are abbreviated and slightly from the actual rules...of which there are 4..... But they can go a long way to avoiding gun accidents with older children...
My house, growing up, was not a Christian household. So our first.lessons did not include prayers. Our first lessons, taught by my father, mother, uncles, friends, older siblings, from babyhood...were gun safety lessons. We had loaded guns in our houses. All of us. When we went to the houses of others, they had loaded guns. Family activities frequently were associated with shooting. There were guns in our vehicles, at school. Children in this country used to be quite comfortable with guns. It is only the last few decades that the commies have started pushing to eradicate them. It is not about safety. It is nothing but tyranny. This and land grabs...Christ city people are stupid.
So you admire that your family taught you gun safety from the get go, but anyone is a Commie who tries to do the same for others? That did not make sense.

I don't have a problem with requiring a permit to carry a gun.

It makes it easier to catch a criminal with a gun. No permit then you get arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.

If a criminal is carrying a gun in a no permit state then it's just that much tougher to arrest them unless of course the cop run checks on everyone they see carrying which means they will be wasting time running checks on a lot of people who are legally entitled to carry

Sorry....guns are different...owning a gun is a Right...the same way voting is a Right...and the democrats used Poll taxes and literacy tests to keep freed blacks from voting and that was found to be unConstitutional....

Charging a fee for a Right is infringing on that Right...it impacts the poor far more than the Rich too...

If you're too poor to pay a fee or tax, you're probably too poor to buy a gun.

Nope...doesn't work that way.....a gun can cost as little as few hundred bucks or a family member can get one for you....if you mandate fees and taxes and tests.....you the put it out of reach....and the way they do it in Europe they have taxed, put fees on and testing requirements that limit actual ownership to the rich......that is not a Right, that is a priviledge....and that isn't how a Right in this country works.

It makes it easier to catch a criminal with a gun. No permit then you get arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.

If a criminal is carrying a gun in a no permit state then it's just that much tougher to arrest them unless of course the cop run checks on everyone they see carrying which means they will be wasting time running checks on a lot of people who are legally entitled to carry

actuallly it does't do anything to catch a criminal.....if you are stopped and you are carrying a gun, a cop will run your name and birthdate......they will see if you are a felon or have outstanding warrants...if you do...you can be arrested...if you don't you go on your way.....

So...there is no place in that process where requiring a permit helps detain a felon carrying a gun illegally....but....it does increase the fees, paperwork and risk to a law abiding citizen who has committed no crime...but may not have renewed their permit....so for a paperwork mistake, a normal, law abiding citizen is now a felon......right? They can now lose their job, their freedom and be fined thousands of dollars......for failure to fill out unnecessary paperwork on time...right?

What do you think they do when they ask for your drivers license when you are driving......they are running your name through the system to see if you have a criminal record or outstanding warrants......I would rather they do that than require innocent people to be put in legal jeopardy over paperwork.....

No. Hunting is pretty safe here and very few gun deaths. Maybe because safety is taken seriously? I know our local gun shop strongly encourages safety classes and places where people can learn to shoot, if it is their first weapon. Most people don't consider it an infringement on their rights to use their guns responsibly.

It is only an infringement when you have to pay to actually exercise the right....

My idea to teach gun safety in school covers gun safety without interfering with a natural Right.......your way gives anti gunners a way to keep people from owning guns....

actuallly it does't do anything to catch a criminal.....if you are stopped and you are carrying a gun, a cop will run your name and birthdate......they will see if you are a felon or have outstanding warrants...if you do...you can be arrested...if you don't you go on your way.....

So...there is no place in that process where requiring a permit helps detain a felon carrying a gun illegally....but....it does increase the fees, paperwork and risk to a law abiding citizen who has committed no crime...but may not have renewed their permit....so for a paperwork mistake, a normal, law abiding citizen is now a felon......right? They can now lose their job, their freedom and be fined thousands of dollars......for failure to fill out unnecessary paperwork on time...right?

I never felt put out by getting a CCW permit.

Just like I don't get put out if someone asks me for an ID at a voting location

How about in New York...where it can cost big money to get a permit...since you need to hire a lawyer to help you do it? Would you like to have to pay several hundred dollars just to get a permit...?

It is over 400 dollars just to apply for the permit in New York.....that doesn't include the lawyer fees....

Getting A NYC Handgun Permit | New York City Guns

• Fees – 2 US Postal Money Orders, made payable to New York City Police Department are required, one for $340 (for the application), and one for either $94.25 (electronic fingerprints) or $105.25 (ink fingerprints), depending on how you are being fingerprinted. These fees are non-refundable. The NYPD now accepts credit cards as well.
  • Letter of Necessity (for carry permits) – you won’t get a carry permit without showing cause, and if you have cause, you should probably already know what is required. Follow instructions on Page 3 of the application.

Since when do you have to prove you have a need to exercise a Right?

How about in New York...where it can cost big money to get a permit...since you need to hire a lawyer to help you do it? Would you like to have to pay several hundred dollars just to get a permit...?

I don't live in NY and never will.

Should states be shall issue CCW permit states if a person is not a felon? yes they should.
That seems to me to be a matter for a federal law suit. No state has the legal right to violate any constitutional right. Denying people who are legally eligible to carry a weapon the ability to do so is an obvious violation of those constitutional rights.

But there still can and should be a permitting process

It is over 400 dollars just to apply for the permit in New York.....that doesn't include the lawyer fees....

Getting A NYC Handgun Permit | New York City Guns

• Fees – 2 US Postal Money Orders, made payable to New York City Police Department are required, one for $340 (for the application), and one for either $94.25 (electronic fingerprints) or $105.25 (ink fingerprints), depending on how you are being fingerprinted. These fees are non-refundable. The NYPD now accepts credit cards as well.
  • Letter of Necessity (for carry permits) – you won’t get a carry permit without showing cause, and if you have cause, you should probably already know what is required. Follow instructions on Page 3 of the application.

Since when do you have to prove you have a need to exercise a Right?

having to prove a need is a completely different argument.

Should states be shall issue CCW permit states if a person is not a felon? yes they should.
That seems to me to be a matter for a federal law suit. No state has the legal right to violate any constitutional right. Denying people who are legally eligible to carry a weapon the ability to do so is an obvious violation of those constitutional rights.

Why? Criminals will not get a permit....and in fact are banned by law from getting it...so it doesn't stop criminals at all......and normal people....guns are not complicated tools......the only reason to require permits is to add costs and paperwork to the Right to keep people from exercising it.

Seems good, 'cept some kids in my area start going hunting with their parents in middle school. It's hard to shoot that buck without pointing the open end of the riffle at it.

Seems good, 'cept some kids in my area start going hunting with their parents in middle school. It's hard to shoot that buck without pointing the open end of the riffle at it.

Yeah....I added a 4th point that I forgot to add in that post.....

4. Never touch a gun without the permission and direct supervision of an adult....

Our government isn't authorized to grant us or.deny us rights. Theybexist solely to protect them. Every time they move to restrict them, they exceed their authority. Every. Time.

Using that same logic, it would be fine to require a "permit" to vote. It would be unconstitutional for both. Why is that so hard to understand? Requiring a permit to exercise a right is the same concept, regardless of the right one is referring to.

Forum List

Back