Brexodus

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Merrill Lynch set to move hundreds of jobs to Paris in Brexit blow

Merrill Lynch are off to Paris .

They join a growing list.

Dyson is the latest company to announce it is moving its HQ to Singapore, although it says that this is a strategic move unrelated to Brexit.

Japanese electronics’ manufacturer Panasonic is moving its European HQ from the UK to Amsterdam. This move is reportedly designed to limit tax issues linked to Brexit.

Sony is also moving its European HQ to The Netherlands to minimise Brexit disruption.

Japanese retailer Muji is rumoured to be moving its European HQ from the UK to Germany.

Japanese banks Nomura and Daiwa are setting up EU operations in Germany. And, subject to regulatory approval, Japan’s Norinchukin Bank has recently confirmed that, in response to the UK’s planned withdrawal from the EU and other changes to the European economic environment, it is establishing a wholly-owned banking subsidiary in Amsterdam.

Insurance and reinsurance market Lloyds of London announced in May that it had received regulatory approval from the National Bank of Belgium to establish an insurance company in Brussels.

Hermes Investment Management has recently opened a branch in Dublin to mitigate against Brexit risks.

Many smaller businesses are also looking at establishing European bases too. Online giftware retailer Rex London is setting up a Dutch base and The Grown Up Chocolate Company is considering relocating its business to Slovakia, for example.

In the interests of balance I am looking for a list of companies setting up in the UK because of brexit. However I am having some difficulty with this simple task.

Merrill Lynch set to move hundreds of jobs to Paris in Brexit blow

Merrill Lynch are off to Paris .

They join a growing list.

Dyson is the latest company to announce it is moving its HQ to Singapore, although it says that this is a strategic move unrelated to Brexit.

Japanese electronics’ manufacturer Panasonic is moving its European HQ from the UK to Amsterdam. This move is reportedly designed to limit tax issues linked to Brexit.

Sony is also moving its European HQ to The Netherlands to minimise Brexit disruption.

Japanese retailer Muji is rumoured to be moving its European HQ from the UK to Germany.

Japanese banks Nomura and Daiwa are setting up EU operations in Germany. And, subject to regulatory approval, Japan’s Norinchukin Bank has recently confirmed that, in response to the UK’s planned withdrawal from the EU and other changes to the European economic environment, it is establishing a wholly-owned banking subsidiary in Amsterdam.

Insurance and reinsurance market Lloyds of London announced in May that it had received regulatory approval from the National Bank of Belgium to establish an insurance company in Brussels.

Hermes Investment Management has recently opened a branch in Dublin to mitigate against Brexit risks.

Many smaller businesses are also looking at establishing European bases too. Online giftware retailer Rex London is setting up a Dutch base and The Grown Up Chocolate Company is considering relocating its business to Slovakia, for example.

In the interests of balance I am looking for a list of companies setting up in the UK because of brexit. However I am having some difficulty with this simple task.
Merrill who? Streep? I have been using Charles Schwab now for 4 decades now, not only have I been very pleased with their services, but also have saved a whole lot of bucks, and I didnt have to switch to Geico(A Warren Buffet Company). Merrill Lynch is an over rated, high cost security bank, that doesnt give a shit about their customers, wow, they are going to France(where yellow shirts are in riots) just to shove it up peoples asses because they want to end the EU...

You Welsh voted for Brexit - be proud. Anyway you have nothing to worry about. The many companies leaving the UK will be replaced by vibrant, energetic immigrants who will contribute to building new world class companies in the UK, which will make the UK prosperous beyond belief.

The only true worry is how Wales will replace the billions of Euros in welfare it receives from the EU. No worries - I predict Wales will continue to be a vibrant and energetic economy attracting more companies like Google and Apple........ ohh wait I was thinking of Ireland. So sorry.

Does Wales have any prospects whatsoever?

Forum List

Back