Brexit dividend - 160000 vacancies in social care, Here come the filipinos

Not Welsh, myself, but if I may...
"This paper reviews the evidence on the economic implications of the UK’s accession to the European Economic Community and subsequent EU membership. The benefits were much greater than the costs, probably by a ratio of about 6 to 1. The UK benefited from lower trade costs and higher volumes of trade with other member countries and this raised productivity. Different estimation methods point to permanent gains in the level of real GDP of 8.6 per cent after 10 or 15 years. The costs to the UK were a net contribution to the EU budget which averaged about 0.5 per cent of GDP per year and the adoption of regulations for which compliance costs exceeded benefits, estimated at about 0.9 per cent of GDP per year. Voters in favour of Brexit who were protesting about government policies gave little or no weight to its productivity implications."

From the Financial Times (hardly a left wing source):

"Many economists contend what matters most is not funds transferred between Brussels and London, or even claims of jobs created or destroyed. Instead, the central issue is how EU membership has changed the shape of the British economy — its competitiveness and openness to other markets — through the impact on thousands of companies such as Nifco. “Competition forced these guys to improve or exit,” said Professor Nick Bloom of Stanford University. “The single European market increased competition and forced British firms to increase the level of innovation.”

"Britain joined what was then the European Economic Community in 1973 as the sick man of Europe. By the late 1960s, France, West Germany and Italy — the three founder members closest in size to the UK — produced more per person than it did and the gap grew larger every year. Between 1958, when the EEC was set up, and Britain’s entry in 1973, gross domestic product per head rose 95 per cent in these three countries compared with only 50 per cent in Britain. After becoming an EEC member, Britain slowly began to catch up. Gross domestic product per person has grown faster than Italy, Germany and France in the more than 40 years since. By 2013, Britain became more prosperous than the average of the three other large European economies for the first time since 1965."

The list goes on, but that's enough for the moment. That was then, this is now; we're on the verge of economic collapse, far worse than our European neighbours.

As for the sovereignty "argument", well we never lost it.
Sorry, your spiel was inaccurate. For a start, you need to stop mourning Brexit.

Did you read what you posted compared to reality? If you think The Times is a good source, you need to think again.

COVID highlighted that the EU couldn't respond, the UK did better compared to the EU countries because of immediate action on interest rates etc.. Rather than hiding behind the EU, our government is now upfront in our faces, that has got them into action.

If you knew anything about the start of the Common Market, you would know that the Frogs detested the UK joining. You would also know it morphed in the EU parliament whilst the spineless UK lefties ran off to sign the treaties.

Don't be as gullible and spineless as Lefty Taffy Tommy.

Maybe it's time to admit that the UK is simply a shit country, because of its own nature.

If you think that what makes your country a shit country is the lack of foreign oppression, then it is clear that you, yourself, have a problem, separate from those of your country.

It's a shame that a few generations ago, my country sacrificed so many of our best men, to save your country from foreign oppression. We should have just let the Nazis and the Soviets have you. Perhaps you would have turned out better as a Country, under the rule of either of those powers, than you appear to have turned out under your own rule; and in any event, it would have saved a lot of good American men from dying for what turned out to be no benefit to us.
Nowhere shitty as America. You guys shit in the streets.

Vagabond63 and Tommy Tainant

Please list what you've personally lost or gained due to Brexit? What have you noticed change in your home and workplace? How much have your assets/liabilities increased/decreased and which legislation due to Brexit brought about this difference?

The uk government running around like headless chickens , Brexit shouldn't have happened, but the world in its self is getting worse and this government sitting on their hands with everything Boris hasn't done anything about the cost of living crisis while people starve NHS and care workers are also starving those who were on the front line during COVID, and they get poorly paid and there families are struggling to eat or heat , care workers are also starving , with what is going on is going to make things with the NHS worse NHS is in Crisis themselves this is going to boil out of control and will ignite a class war ....oh PS don't call people of colour Darkies please

Vagabond63 and Tommy Tainant

Please list what you've personally lost or gained due to Brexit? What have you noticed change in your home and workplace? How much have your assets/liabilities increased/decreased and which legislation due to Brexit brought about this difference?
Personally? Well, the prime example is that I'm now restricted in how often I can go and stay at my Spanish home, unless I fork out for a non-lucrative visa. My money is worth less at home and abroad, I cannot get a doctor's appointment when I want one in the UK. I've noticed gaps in the shelves in my local supermarkets, either because of lack of staff or lack of product, so there are things I can't buy anymore, or have to make do with substitutes or completely without.

How about you, what have you actually gained due to Brexit?

Brexit was supposed to enrich us all. I see that even you have abandoned that.
No it wasn't. You listen to the TV too much.

The way it works is, we elect representatives (MP's), they make the laws, the unelected Lords oversee the wording. Ultimately, we steer our destiny. Mainland Europe wanted to trade, we wanted to trade with them, apparently on a lie, the UK joined the common market. The common market had a commission. You bought a quarter of sweets etc.. and trade worked ok.

Then, it morphed into an EU parliament, courtesy of every government without asking us. The EU parliament started dictating how it works through directives. So now you have to ask sell 113g of sweets, not a quarter. One rule might work for a handful of countries, not for others.

So the vote was to get out of that shit. It was like saying, "You live in your house, but when your neighbour makes a directive when you can flush your toilet, the colour of your front door etc.." you either do it or get fined.

Can I ask you a simple question, "Do you want me make the rules in your house?". Very simple question isn't it. Forget about buses promising this and that, can we form a legal binding contract that I make the rules in your house? Now, you would have to be off your fucking rocker to agree. So why are you so different with the country? Do you dislike, England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales?

Heres a real brexit benefit. Mastercard and Visa are putting up their fees for purchases in thatEurope. But only for the newly free Brits. European consumers are protected by a cap on charges introduced by the evil EU.
No it wasn't. You listen to the TV too much.

The way it works is, we elect representatives (MP's), they make the laws, the unelected Lords oversee the wording. Ultimately, we steer our destiny. Mainland Europe wanted to trade, we wanted to trade with them, apparently on a lie, the UK joined the common market. The common market had a commission. You bought a quarter of sweets etc.. and trade worked ok.

Then, it morphed into an EU parliament, courtesy of every government without asking us. The EU parliament started dictating how it works through directives. So now you have to ask sell 113g of sweets, not a quarter. One rule might work for a handful of countries, not for others.

So the vote was to get out of that shit. It was like saying, "You live in your house, but when your neighbour makes a directive when you can flush your toilet, the colour of your front door etc.." you either do it or get fined.

Can I ask you a simple question, "Do you want me make the rules in your house?". Very simple question isn't it. Forget about buses promising this and that, can we form a legal binding contract that I make the rules in your house? Now, you would have to be off your fucking rocker to agree. So why are you so different with the country? Do you dislike, England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales?
We were lied to. You cite crap because there have been no benefits and in fact things are a lot worse. The UK cannot cope on its own and is urrently breaking up. Brexit is a big driver of that process.

Personally? Well, the prime example is that I'm now restricted in how often I can go and stay at my Spanish home, unless I fork out for a non-lucrative visa. My money is worth less at home and abroad, I cannot get a doctor's appointment when I want one in the UK. I've noticed gaps in the shelves in my local supermarkets, either because of lack of staff or lack of product, so there are things I can't buy anymore, or have to make do with substitutes or completely without.

How about you, what have you actually gained due to Brexit?
Those that don't own houses aboard bleed for you. So the vast majority are crying over your dismay, but the selfish minority say, "Fuck off", to the majority, but that was your Brexit vote. I hope your Visa costs a fucking fortune. I think each visa should cost £12,000 for 6 months.

Money goes up and down all the time, so quit that shit. Gaps on shelves because of Brexit? Jesus Christ. You're on an American forum, they're twinning about gaps on shelves. Did you apologise to Americans because of Brexit? Are you an adult??

Lack of staff? Population has increased, there's been shortages in different industries since caveman days. If an industry struggles to recruit, up the wage level. Isn't increasing the wage a good thing? I ran fucking large stores for a large UK retailer since 1985 and fucking struggled to get staff, you think it's because of Brexit? What a gullible fuck you are.

I didn't gain, the country gained from getting away from EU bureaucracy.

Heres a real brexit benefit. Mastercard and Visa are putting up their fees for purchases in thatEurope. But only for the newly free Brits. European consumers are protected by a cap on charges introduced by the evil EU.

We were lied to. You cite crap because there have been no benefits and in fact things are a lot worse. The UK cannot cope on its own and is urrently breaking up. Brexit is a big driver of that process.
Use cash. If you use Visa, then pay for that privilege. You're the one using Visa.

If you feel you were lied too, it's because you watched TV and anything that didn't match your beliefs was a lie, simple as.

The UK can cope, always has, always will. England was officially England in 927. When was the EU formed?

So, can I set the rules in your house? You failed to answer my question?

Tommy Tainant

The village, town, city you live in. It has a council, you elect a local MP? Excellent.

Now, out of your control, a local village, town, city parliament is set up and you don't get to elect it's president. Are you happy with that.

Now, this president says, you can't flush your toilet until it's been shit in 7 times. Also, you must have a big pink penis painted on your garage door. Your car can only move twice a week. Failure to abide by any of these, if you don't make them law in your house, you will be fined daily. Are you happy with this? A simple yes/no will suffice.

Welcome to the EU where retards support the stupid idea.

Use cash. If you use Visa, then pay for that privilege. You're the one using Visa.

If you feel you were lied too, it's because you watched TV and anything that didn't match your beliefs was a lie, simple as.

The UK can cope, always has, always will. England was officially England in 927. When was the EU formed?

So, can I set the rules in your house? You failed to answer my question?
Paying by card insures my purchase. Thats important when shopping abroad. My Euro friends can do that without incurring extra costs.

I cant.

The reason is theat the EU has the power to do so. The UK is weak in comparison and lacks the power.

This is a clear example of how brexit has harmed our lives. Even you cant paint this as a benefit. Thats why you have ignored tthe point of the post.
You were lied to and now cleverer people are paying for your stupid.

Paying by card insures my purchase. Thats important when shopping abroad. My Euro friends can do that without incurring extra costs.

I cant.

The reason is theat the EU has the power to do so. The UK is weak in comparison and lacks the power.

This is a clear example of how brexit has harmed our lives. Even you cant paint this as a benefit. Thats why you have ignored tthe point of the post.
You were lied to and now cleverer people are paying for your stupid.
You still haven't answered my question, can I set the rules in your house?

I live in North England/Southern Scotland. You live in Wales? I can drive down and we can go to a solicitors and draw up a contract where I can set the rules in your house, if you don't abide by them, I can fine you.

Can we do that?

You still haven't answered my question, can I set the rules in your house?

I live in North England/Southern Scotland. You live in Wales? I can drive down and we can go to a solicitors and draw up a contract where I can set the rules in your house, if you don't abide by them, I can fine you.

Can we do that?
I can see it is important to you to avoid discussing the issue by introducing a straw man.

My answer is to ask what you are offering for that privilege ?

I can see it is important to you to avoid discussing the issue by introducing a straw man.

My answer is to ask what you are offering for that privilege ?
I'm just trying to get through to you what the EU is. You seem oblivious. There's no strawman whatsoever, I'm giving you a simple analogy.

Why do we pay 5% vat on energy when it was always 0%? Because of an EU directive to fund the disastrous renewable crap. We've left the EU, so when the country's finances permit, the government could scrap the 5% vat level. I do believe they mulled over it a little while ago.

You're pro EU, thus, you're pro 5% higher energy costs. I prefer it gets scrapped, families are struggling.

I'm just trying to get through to you what the EU is. You seem oblivious. There's no strawman whatsoever, I'm giving you a simple analogy.

Why do we pay 5% vat on energy when it was always 0%? Because of an EU directive to fund the disastrous renewable crap. We've left the EU, so when the country's finances permit, the government could scrap the 5% vat level. I do believe they mulled over it a little while ago.

You're pro EU, thus, you're pro 5% higher energy costs. I prefer it gets scrapped, families are struggling.
So you have nothing to offer in return ?

Those that don't own houses aboard bleed for you. So the vast majority are crying over your dismay, but the selfish minority say, "Fuck off", to the majority, but that was your Brexit vote. I hope your Visa costs a fucking fortune. I think each visa should cost £12,000 for 6 months.

Money goes up and down all the time, so quit that shit. Gaps on shelves because of Brexit? Jesus Christ. You're on an American forum, they're twinning about gaps on shelves. Did you apologise to Americans because of Brexit? Are you an adult??

Lack of staff? Population has increased, there's been shortages in different industries since caveman days. If an industry struggles to recruit, up the wage level. Isn't increasing the wage a good thing? I ran fucking large stores for a large UK retailer since 1985 and fucking struggled to get staff, you think it's because of Brexit? What a gullible fuck you are.

I didn't gain, the country gained from getting away from EU bureaucracy.
Is that it? EU bureaucracy? That's all you've got? Wow.

When we were in the EU we had input into so called "EU Bureaucracy", we could lobby, object and even propose changes along with other countries to alter or stop anything we didn't like and in all democratic systems, you win a few and you lose a few. The EU parliament has the final decision on what "bureaucracy" is necessary and what isn't.

No we have no say whatsoever, no influence, no pull. But the "bureaucracy" still affects us.

Here's a few examples of our new powerlessness:

EU scraps 115 grants for UK scientists and academics amid Brexit row

Collapsing public support suggests Brexit is anything but done

Pro-Brexit UK regions more dependent on EU for exports, report finds

UK Brexit divorce bill could rise by up to £7.5bn - BBC News

Britain forced to beg Belgium for power to keep the lights on

‘Brexit to blame’: UK shoppers pay up to 50% more than those in EU

UK businesses slash investments due to soaring prices and Brexit

Spiralling inflation, crops left in the field and travel chaos: 10 reasons Brexit has been disastrous for Britain

British farmers face paying for border checkpoints in EU after Brexit halts exports

And the kicker which directly relates to the OP:

Immigration has increased since Brexit, admits Tory MP

Forum List

Back