BREAKING: U.S. Officials Have Declassified List Of Obama Officials Who Were Involved In ‘Unmasking’ General Flynn

if you don't want to be called a king kamayamaya bitch, stop acting like one.

THE ENTIRE TIMELINE YOU GAVE IS FOR 2014 AND BEYOND AND DOES NOT FUCKING ADDRESS WHAT WAS DONE PREVIOUSLY TO SHOW THIS WAS AN "ESCALATION"

The Wiki article covers 1986 on. In addition, I posted another article, in post 232 from Politico.
and this link is still all about TRUMP and the elections. are you saying that trump was involved in RUSSIA interference in 1986?

i am asking point blank what RUSSIA did prior to 2014 to interfere in our elections. Not a timeline of TRUMP crap you're obsessed with. but as usual, you can't leave trump out of a single topic, can you?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT TRUMP - THIS IS ABOUT RUSSIAN HISTORY OF JACKING WITH OVERALL US ELECTIONS.

but...TRUMP is all you ever have.

done. have a day.

You obviously did not read it. It covers 1986 to 2016.

In fact - you aren't making much sense here and I don't know what exactly you want. I do not know if it is deliberate or what.
then in effect you are saying the history of RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE in US politics began with TRUMP in 1986. your 1986 reference is ONLY IN RELATION TO 2016 interference PER THE HEADLINE OF YOUR OWN GOD DAMN ARTICLE.

Where in the hell are you pulling that from? I don't know what you are reading. The headline looks at events leading up to 2016, which marks a watershed moment in terms of interference. If you quit obsessing about Trump Trump Trump (and NOTE I have not mentioned him or made it about him - I merely provided the information you kept DEMANDING) then maybe you would SEE that.

what you can never seem to do, comprehend nor understand is I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT TRUMP.

GOOD. Then SHOW that but not focusing on TRUMP.

my question of when russia started interfering into our elections doesn't not have a god damn thing to do with TRUMP yet your NON-TDS mind can't seem to fathom i am asking a question not related at all to TRUMP in this instance in order to get a historical perspective.

You are seriously deranged. Overactive Tump Defense System misfiring or something? What part of my link do you fail to understand? Regardless of where it ENDS, it provides a decent timeline of Russian activities PRIOR to 2016.

I ANSWERED your question - now MOVE ON if you can not refute the time line with better information.

just stop. you don't have TDS but you can't comprehend a world without you bitching at him.

all i want is examples of russian interference in our elections THROUGH ALL TIME, not just TRUMP!! TRUMP GOD DAMN IT TRUMP! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS BUT TRUMP!!! YEWARGH BUT I'M NOT SUFFERING TDS...but it's taking 2+ pages of bullshit to get you to realize i am not asking about interference in relation to TRUMP but OVERALL US HISTORY.

now who's trolling who again?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I GAVE IF YOU CAN COMPREHEND IT INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON TRUMP!
i asked you for a complete history of russian interference into our elections going as far back as WWII.

the headline for the link you gave me is what again?
"Timeline_of_Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections#1986"

so you are only giving me russian interference as it related to the trump election.

at this point i honestly don't give a fuck anymore. you and i are so far apart on base reality of what simple things are that talking to you in a logical / linear fashion is impossible. i t-shoot technical problems quite often and think in a linear fashion. you tell me that an activity was escalated, then it means it's more than it was before.

i want to know what it was before said escalation so we have a base to show how much (if any) it actually was escalated.

your headline from the link is again:
Timeline_of_Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections#1986

and i asked for ALL RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE, you keep giving me just as it relates to trump, or 2016, and act like this has a fuck-one thing to do with what i was searching for. at least colfax understands what i am asking. you don't. either you refuse to, don't want to, or simply can't comprehend a question that doesn't involve trump and frankly, i don't give a shit which it is. but your link had nothing to do with the entire history of russian interference in US elections OF WHICH has been my request this this bullshit hayride began.

have a day.

Earlier, before wiki, I linked to a Politico article that gave some historic background on Russian interference. This was the link: Russia’s Long and Mostly Unsuccessful History of Election Interference. Did you read that one?

If Politico doesn't suit you, here is another: Russian Meddling in the United States: The Historical Context of the Mueller Report
Oh Geez, another Trump centric screed. From your link..First sentence..

"Until the election of Donald Trump, no sitting president had ever requested a foreign government’s help to discredit a political rival."

The article does go on to prove Russian interference in past elections but the claim that the interference was 'unprecented' for Trump is just not there. Nice try though. I will say what I said before though, the only ones using Russian disinformation were the Democrats who used the fake Russian dossier to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign and then his Presidential transition team.

So before Trump, what president has requested a foreign government help to discredit a political rival?
if you only wish to see it as discrediting. however, since trump and many *do* buy into the other side being pure evil and always into something. if he felt biden was doing something wrong, would trump, or any president in this instance, be justified in asking someone to "look into it"?
Can we say the same about Obama without it being labeled “the biggest scandal in the history of the country”?

Or is there a double standard.
i'm waiting for more evidence to come into play on obama. only fair. but yes it is fair to ask that his actions are viewed in the same potential and light as trumps. since barr has said he does see "abuses" but not "illegal" and doesn't see obama or biden as going to jail, then fine. decision made. unfortunately we have a horrible habit of labeling someone who doesn't go all out against the other side as a traitor. so we take it further into stupidity because we're not personally satisfied emotionally.

i just see us doing a "oh you got away with...hold my beer" and we keep getting worse and worse all around on both sides pushing boundaries and seeing what we can get away with all in the name of getting even with the other side.

sooner or later that shit will stop. we can either stop it or we collapse under our own weight.

Barr needs to keep his mouth shut about ongoing investigations. Making vague comments about “abuses” is allowing some people’s imagination to run wild. But it does please Trump, so...

I just find it very hypocritical that 6 months ago we were told they Trump has complete authority to investigate a political opponent. Yet the same people (not necessarily you) complain that Obama was doing something wrong by investigating Trump.

You know what’s the biggest difference here? Trump actually was the one pushing the investigation into Biden. Obama did nothing of the sort, despite people claiming to have proof of it.
i would agree he needs to wait til done but people simply don't do that anymore; not just barr.

i would say the advocates saying trump can review their actions is a reaction to the over-reaction of russia to the right. when nothing was found, we simply line up and return fire. like i keep saying, "hold my beer". both sides do it and the fans of both sides minimize their "bad" and maximize the other sides "bad". then their "minions" go off and defend until death and making standard conversation so difficult to do.

Mueller did with Trump. Comey did with Trump. Everyone prosecuting Flynn, Stone, Manafort did it. That’s because they follow the rules. The rules say don’t talk about open investigations.

The rules don’t apply to Barr apparently, but everyone else has to follow them. So while Barr can badmouth his prosecutors and agents, the rules prevent them from fighting back.

“Returning fire” only works if you’re actually being fired on. Obamagate seems more like Gulf of Tonkin if you ask me.
given how many rules obama's camp DID NOT follow, this is a rather odd statement. just because they're not following the same "rules" doesn't mean one side is better than the other when both sides are playing this "hardball".

was it cool to spy on congress?
reporters?
continue to take FISA liberties?

not here to pick apart one side and try to defend the other, neither are where i would wish we could all one day be. both need an overhaul.

For sure, the FBI and IC had problems with what they were doing. When have they not?

But they weren’t playing politics. They weren’t trying to harm Trump’s campaign. They weren’t out to get Democrats. Barr on the other hand has made no such effort to stay out of it.

THE ENTIRE TIMELINE YOU GAVE IS FOR 2014 AND BEYOND AND DOES NOT FUCKING ADDRESS WHAT WAS DONE PREVIOUSLY TO SHOW THIS WAS AN "ESCALATION"

The Wiki article covers 1986 on. In addition, I posted another article, in post 232 from Politico.
and this link is still all about TRUMP and the elections. are you saying that trump was involved in RUSSIA interference in 1986?

i am asking point blank what RUSSIA did prior to 2014 to interfere in our elections. Not a timeline of TRUMP crap you're obsessed with. but as usual, you can't leave trump out of a single topic, can you?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT TRUMP - THIS IS ABOUT RUSSIAN HISTORY OF JACKING WITH OVERALL US ELECTIONS.

done. have a day.

In fact - you aren't making much sense here and I don't know what exactly you want. I do not know if it is deliberate or what.
then in effect you are saying the history of RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE in US politics began with TRUMP in 1986. your 1986 reference is ONLY IN RELATION TO 2016 interference PER THE HEADLINE OF YOUR OWN GOD DAMN ARTICLE.

Where in the hell are you pulling that from? I don't know what you are reading. The headline looks at events leading up to 2016, which marks a watershed moment in terms of interference. If you quit obsessing about Trump Trump Trump (and NOTE I have not mentioned him or made it about him - I merely provided the information you kept DEMANDING) then maybe you would SEE that.

what you can never seem to do, comprehend nor understand is I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT TRUMP.

my question of when russia started interfering into our elections doesn't not have a god damn thing to do with TRUMP yet your NON-TDS mind can't seem to fathom i am asking a question not related at all to TRUMP in this instance in order to get a historical perspective.

You are seriously deranged. Overactive Tump Defense System misfiring or something? What part of my link do you fail to understand? Regardless of where it ENDS, it provides a decent timeline of Russian activities PRIOR to 2016.

I ANSWERED your question - now MOVE ON if you can not refute the time line with better information.

just stop. you don't have TDS but you can't comprehend a world without you bitching at him.

all i want is examples of russian interference in our elections THROUGH ALL TIME, not just TRUMP!! TRUMP GOD DAMN IT TRUMP! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS BUT TRUMP!!! YEWARGH BUT I'M NOT SUFFERING TDS...but it's taking 2+ pages of bullshit to get you to realize i am not asking about interference in relation to TRUMP but OVERALL US HISTORY.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I GAVE IF YOU CAN COMPREHEND IT INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON TRUMP!
i asked you for a complete history of russian interference into our elections going as far back as WWII.

so you are only giving me russian interference as it related to the trump election.

at this point i honestly don't give a fuck anymore. you and i are so far apart on base reality of what simple things are that talking to you in a logical / linear fashion is impossible. i t-shoot technical problems quite often and think in a linear fashion. you tell me that an activity was escalated, then it means it's more than it was before.

i want to know what it was before said escalation so we have a base to show how much (if any) it actually was escalated.

and i asked for ALL RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE, you keep giving me just as it relates to trump, or 2016, and act like this has a fuck-one thing to do with what i was searching for. at least colfax understands what i am asking. you don't. either you refuse to, don't want to, or simply can't comprehend a question that doesn't involve trump and frankly, i don't give a shit which it is. but your link had nothing to do with the entire history of russian interference in US elections OF WHICH has been my request this this bullshit hayride began.

have a day.

Earlier, before wiki, I linked to a Politico article that gave some historic background on Russian interference. This was the link: Russia’s Long and Mostly Unsuccessful History of Election Interference. Did you read that one?

If Politico doesn't suit you, here is another: Russian Meddling in the United States: The Historical Context of the Mueller Report

"Until the election of Donald Trump, no sitting president had ever requested a foreign government’s help to discredit a political rival."

The article does go on to prove Russian interference in past elections but the claim that the interference was 'unprecented' for Trump is just not there. Nice try though. I will say what I said before though, the only ones using Russian disinformation were the Democrats who used the fake Russian dossier to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign and then his Presidential transition team.

So before Trump, what president has requested a foreign government help to discredit a political rival?
if you only wish to see it as discrediting. however, since trump and many *do* buy into the other side being pure evil and always into something. if he felt biden was doing something wrong, would trump, or any president in this instance, be justified in asking someone to "look into it"?
Can we say the same about Obama without it being labeled “the biggest scandal in the history of the country”?

i'm waiting for more evidence to come into play on obama. only fair. but yes it is fair to ask that his actions are viewed in the same potential and light as trumps. since barr has said he does see "abuses" but not "illegal" and doesn't see obama or biden as going to jail, then fine. decision made. unfortunately we have a horrible habit of labeling someone who doesn't go all out against the other side as a traitor. so we take it further into stupidity because we're not personally satisfied emotionally.

i just see us doing a "oh you got away with...hold my beer" and we keep getting worse and worse all around on both sides pushing boundaries and seeing what we can get away with all in the name of getting even with the other side.

sooner or later that shit will stop. we can either stop it or we collapse under our own weight.

Barr needs to keep his mouth shut about ongoing investigations. Making vague comments about “abuses” is allowing some people’s imagination to run wild. But it does please Trump, so...

I just find it very hypocritical that 6 months ago we were told they Trump has complete authority to investigate a political opponent. Yet the same people (not necessarily you) complain that Obama was doing something wrong by investigating Trump.

You know what’s the biggest difference here? Trump actually was the one pushing the investigation into Biden. Obama did nothing of the sort, despite people claiming to have proof of it.
i would agree he needs to wait til done but people simply don't do that anymore; not just barr.

i would say the advocates saying trump can review their actions is a reaction to the over-reaction of russia to the right. when nothing was found, we simply line up and return fire. like i keep saying, "hold my beer". both sides do it and the fans of both sides minimize their "bad" and maximize the other sides "bad". then their "minions" go off and defend until death and making standard conversation so difficult to do.

Mueller did with Trump. Comey did with Trump. Everyone prosecuting Flynn, Stone, Manafort did it. That’s because they follow the rules. The rules say don’t talk about open investigations.

The rules don’t apply to Barr apparently, but everyone else has to follow them. So while Barr can badmouth his prosecutors and agents, the rules prevent them from fighting back.

“Returning fire” only works if you’re actually being fired on. Obamagate seems more like Gulf of Tonkin if you ask me.
given how many rules obama's camp DID NOT follow, this is a rather odd statement. just because they're not following the same "rules" doesn't mean one side is better than the other when both sides are playing this "hardball".

reporters?

not here to pick apart one side and try to defend the other, neither are where i would wish we could all one day be. both need an overhaul.

For sure, the FBI and IC had problems with what they were doing. When have they not?

But they weren’t playing politics. They weren’t trying to harm Trump’s campaign. They weren’t out to get Democrats. Barr on the other hand has made no such effort to stay out of it.
then what are phrases like "insurance policy" doing floating around?
why are we using unverified data to get FISA warrants? if this is common and NOT just trump then it's time to nuke it cause it went way too far.

i'm pushing to fix things, not keep blaming others for shit when in my mind we're all responsible for where we are today. all of us. we can either all work to get out, or we can keep throwing similar rocks at each other as if ours are better than theirs.

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

why are we using unverified data to get FISA warrants? if this is common and NOT just trump then it's time to nuke it cause it went way too far.

i'm pushing to fix things, not keep blaming others for shit when in my mind we're all responsible for where we are today. all of us. we can either all work to get out, or we can keep throwing similar rocks at each other as if ours are better than theirs.

The phrase “insurance policy” has been taken out of context. The team was asking whether it was warranted to investigate Trump if he was likely to lose the election anyway. The reply was that sometimes you take precautions even if there is a low likelihood it’ll be necessary. Like an insurance policy.

The constant over-attention to snippets of conversations with little to no context is a serious problem. It allows people to believe whatever they want.

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

The phrase “insurance policy” has been taken out of context. The team was asking whether it was warranted to investigate Trump if he was likely to lose the election anyway. The reply was that sometimes you take precautions even if there is a low likelihood it’ll be necessary. Like an insurance policy.

The constant over-attention to snippets of conversations with little to no context is a serious problem. It allows people to believe whatever they want.
i'm pretty sure about everything is being taken out of context for max emotional value. if the left is doing this and it's just "human nature" being forced into a different light by the other side, how is what is being done to trump fundamentally different?

we tend to justify in a "whatever it takes" mindset the things we are most comfortable with, and attacking the other side with whatever we can do stay in our comfort zone.

that is my core issue - when do we get tired of maximizing the bad on the other side and minimizing the bad on our own? likely never but we need to understand all of our core desires are basically the same.

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

i'm pretty sure about everything is being taken out of context for max emotional value. if the left is doing this and it's just "human nature" being forced into a different light by the other side, how is what is being done to trump fundamentally different?

we tend to justify in a "whatever it takes" mindset the things we are most comfortable with, and attacking the other side with whatever we can do stay in our comfort zone.

that is my core issue - when do we get tired of maximizing the bad on the other side and minimizing the bad on our own? likely never but we need to understand all of our core desires are basically the same.
I find your position to be full of false equivalencies.

There seems to be two sets of rules.

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

had a long reply written up but nuked it. let me just ask you - in my last reply alone, where do i pick a side? i mention no names and to me, take no side. i simply talk at a high level the actions *both* sides take in our routine attack/defend mindsets both sides are entrenched in.

so let me ask you to clarify what you meant when you said i am making false equivalencies - where did i make any "if this then that" statement" as being applied to a single side vs. human nature? i didn't make that last post in a right over left mindset, i made it in a general "both sides do this constantly".

would you agree both sides do this? take things out of context for max emotional value?

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

had a long reply written up but nuked it. let me just ask you - in my last reply alone, where do i pick a side? i mention no names and to me, take no side. i simply talk at a high level the actions *both* sides take in our routine attack/defend mindsets both sides are entrenched in.

so let me ask you to clarify what you meant when you said i am making false equivalencies - where did i make any "if this then that" statement" as being applied to a single side vs. human nature? i didn't make that last post in a right over left mindset, i made it in a general "both sides do this constantly".

would you agree both sides do this? take things out of context for max emotional value?
I believe your false equivalencies run through many of your posts. You claimed that Barr was doing what everyone else was doing. That Trump was doing what everyone else was doing. I pointed out that other investigations didn’t make political statements before they were complete. I pointed out that Obama wasn’t involved in pushing investigations into political opponents.

Saying “both sides do it” is not reflective of reality, in my opinion. Trump and his administration is not behaving similarly to other administrations. This is not normal.

done. have a day.

have a day.

reporters?

I believe your false equivalencies run through many of your posts. You claimed that Barr was doing what everyone else was doing. That Trump was doing what everyone else was doing. I pointed out that other investigations didn’t make political statements before they were complete. I pointed out that Obama wasn’t involved in pushing investigations into political opponents.

Saying “both sides do it” is not reflective of reality, in my opinion. Trump and his administration is not behaving similarly to other administrations. This is not normal.
when i say "what everyone else is doing" - i don't mean exact same actions. i mean pushing the limits and blaming past actions of the other side as a justification to do so.

and while i agree trump is on the offensive, maybe it's because he was put on the defensive for what was viewed for less than valid reasons. since he felt this way he felt justified in escalating the response. i am not arguing the reasons here, just stating the mindset people likely have to justify their actions.

now the left will feel justified in escalating their response and do the same, but in another manner of their own choosing.

and so on and so on and we keep doing the "hold my beer" routine.

when does that mentality end? when do we collectively say ENOUGH and stop acting like kids across the board?

and i can list list out bullet after bullet as well in "return fire" - and we're off and running to defend these bullets.

the bottom line would still remain that both sides feel the other side is evil and will prove it by calling out actions the both sides take, but the other side did them for lesser reasons.

i'm far beyond ever thinking we will see a lot of jail time for anyone. those hoping for that are likely to stay angry over things they can't control and feel cheated, strengthing the "revenge factor" urge cause the other side "got away with something". this seems to let people think they can now ease up on following rules cause "they did' in their mind.

that "mindset" is far more the enemy of this country in my mind than trump, obama, or inventing a crisis we can all get mad about today. as long as we're willing to divide up and want "death" to the other side so easily, we are not staying strong enough to see us through as a country.

you can call out trumps actions and paint a pretty picture. many can do the same or obama. both sides feel THEY are right.

now what?

i have little to no interest in making sure one side seems right and the other wrong, i am far more interested in seeing how we can stop the madness and relearn to trust people we've conditioned ourselves to hate over the last 14 years.
I used bullets to keep it factual and unemotional.

done. have a day.

have a day.

I think you walk a very very fine line there, and you need to consider some factors:

• there is no history of this president showing a concern or interest in corruption
  • the foreign aid for this country was previously held back until it was determined they had met requirements showing that they were adequately addressing corruption (and, this was certified by Army intelligence prior to release).
  • the president did not only ask the foreign leader to "find some dirt" - he asked him to just publicly announce he was opening an investigation.
  • the person he was wanting to investigate was his personal political rival (huge line there imo)
  • given the above point - the proper course of action would have been to have had the relevant government agencies look into it to see if there was any merit to the accusation.
and i can list list out bullet after bullet as well in "return fire" - and we're off and running to defend these bullets.

It's not fire. It's listing some facts, sans emotion, to try to keep this out of the "emotional" realm.

the bottom line would still remain that both sides feel the other side is evil and will prove it by calling out actions the both sides take, but the other side did them for lesser reasons.

Let's try to keep away from "sides" and just look at actions such as what I listed which make it problematic for an elected official to investigate a political opponent. And, the question asked (which might have already been answered, I haven't read through the rest of what is posted since I posted this) - is a valid one. Can you think of any other president who has attempted to enlist a foreign leader to investigate a political opponent?

I can't think of one.

i'm far beyond ever thinking we will see a lot of jail time for anyone. those hoping for that are likely to stay angry over things they can't control and feel cheated, strengthing the "revenge factor" urge cause the other side "got away with something". this seems to let people think they can now ease up on following rules cause "they did' in their mind.

I think this is a valid concern and I share it. Not only for the reasons you mention but because PRECEDENTS have been set. So many bad precedents.

that "mindset" is far more the enemy of this country in my mind than trump, obama, or inventing a crisis we can all get mad about today. as long as we're willing to divide up and want "death" to the other side so easily, we are not staying strong enough to see us through as a country.

you can call out trumps actions and paint a pretty picture. many can do the same or obama. both sides feel THEY are right.

now what?

i have little to no interest in making sure one side seems right and the other wrong, i am far more interested in seeing how we can stop the madness and relearn to trust people we've conditioned ourselves to hate over the last 14 years.

Here is what I think is truly dangerous - it's the mindset that defines the opposition as "the enemy", or worse "evil" "traitorous" "unAmerican". That is not the way it has always been. When you reach that point, it is impossible find common ground anymore. It's impossible to negotiate because you now negotiating with "the enemy". What's left?

Last edited:

done. have a day.

have a day.

I think you walk a very very fine line there, and you need to consider some factors:

• there is no history of this president showing a concern or interest in corruption
  • the foreign aid for this country was previously held back until it was determined they had met requirements showing that they were adequately addressing corruption (and, this was certified by Army intelligence prior to release).
  • the president did not only ask the foreign leader to "find some dirt" - he asked him to just publicly announce he was opening an investigation.
  • the person he was wanting to investigate was his personal political rival (huge line there imo)
  • given the above point - the proper course of action would have been to have had the relevant government agencies look into it to see if there was any merit to the accusation.

now what?

I am just pointing out some r+¹¹

done. have a day.

have a day.

now what?

I used bullets to keep it factual and unemotional. For me it isn't about assig

done. have a day.

have a day.

It's not fire. It's listing some facts, sans emotion, to try to keep this out of the "emotional" realm.

Let's try to keep away from "sides" and just look at actions such as what I listed which make it problematic for an elected official to investigate a political opponent. And, the question asked (which might have already been answered, I haven't read through the rest of what is posted since I posted this) - is a valid one. Can you think of any other president who has attempted to enlist a foreign leader to investigate a political opponent?

I can't think of one.

I think this is a valid concern and I share it. Not only for the reasons you mention but because PRECEDENTS have been set. So many bad precedents.

now what?

Here is what I think is truly dangerous - it's the mindset that defines the opposition as "the enemy", or worse "evil" "traitorous" "unAmerican". That is not the way it has always been. When you reach that point, it is impossible find common ground anymore. It's impossible to negotiate because you now negotiating with "the enemy". What's left?
forgive me if i don't go bullet by bullet in return. a lot of what you say its not that i agree nor disagree, but my focus is more "now what" not this side or that side is right or wrong. and i say "this side or that side" because we've divided up, like it or not, and i don't want to sound like i'm trying to take one side over the other.

i'm not.

while we all the way we lean or feel, following that path has led us here. so i try to back up and look at it from a "how did we let ourselves get here" and this is more looking at action and reaction.

not person a did this so person b did that. i think we're so far beyond that it's pointless to keep at it. it simply feeds the "return fire" inside all of us when we tunnel up and get that "bunker mentality" colfax was referring to the other day.

if someone succeeds at something and is then attacked in a manner which ultimately found to be incorrect, the natural tendency is to fire back and "get even".

but what made that happen first? we keep one upping to move "forward" more or less but we seldom if ever look back at our own actions and how they contribute to where no one really wants to be. our efforts to protect our sides are bolstered by calling ourselves "real americans" and those not like us traitors. we've used extreme terms so loosely they carry no meaning anymore. we get to the end of that rope we've built a culture / mindset that's how we do things, only we're out of extreme words so how do we keep on this path?

again i'm looking at a 20k foot view of how we all behave. i don't think any of us are going to argue over trump / obama / spygate / treason any better than we have for the last decade so why do we push on as if phrasing how we feel a little differently will suddenly enlighten others as to what is right or wrong?

along the way to "here" we've lost the ability to peacefully disagree and still support each other. frankly, i miss those days.

trump won. he does some good things, he does some seriously stupid things. take out trump and put in any other elected official the rest of the sentence stands strong.

getting rid of trump won't solve a thing. it will just spawn another round of payback / bunker mentality. again not arguing for or against it - only saying that is the next logical step after that one. which was preceded by a a logical step before that and before that and before that. we keep paying back the last action done as if that will resolve everything but never really stop and go "hey, this ain't workin"

that's the candidate i'm looking for. the one who will say "this ain't workin, now what"?

and that person is nowhere to be found.

so now what? keep arguing and going in circles? stop and ask more questions? stop and just listen more and say nothing at all?

i'm tired of the never ending arguments that go nowhere but a circular downward motion for all of us, despite our best intentions along the way.

colfax_m - i do believe you were saying that the unmaskings themselves have likely gotten too comfortable and what happened to flynn was more of the same. at least that's how i understood your point.

seems you were a bit ahead of my favorite journalist.

this goes right in line with what i'm trying to say. sometimes i say it well, sometimes, not so much it would seem. but we can't just look at the last bad thing done and go forward looking for justice for THAT - because we then see an abuse become accepted. then you only care about it when it's convenient but doing so ignores the times you were doing it too.

this is what we've become. the question of the day is, now what?

Last edited:
colfax_m - i do believe you were saying that the unmaskings themselves have likely gotten too comfortable and what happened to flynn was more of the same. at least that's how i understood your point.

this goes right in line with what i'm trying to say. sometimes i say it well, sometimes, not so much it would seem. but we can't just look at the last bad thing done and go forward looking for justice for THAT - because we then see an abuse become accepted. then you only care about it when it's convenient but doing so ignores the times you were doing it too.

This is why I don’t consider Attkisson a journalist. This entire essay asks a single question, is unmasking bad, and offers no effort to answer it.

To me, that’s not journalism. This adds nothing to the conversation.

This is why I don’t consider Attkisson a journalist. This entire essay asks a single question, is unmasking bad, and offers no effort to answer it.

To me, that’s not journalism. This adds nothing to the conversation.
maybe - but what i got out of it was what we were talking about.

the problems with unmasking are not flynn in general, but how much we've allowed our government to get sloppy and not be held accountable. this happens long enough the bad becomes normal and values shift. we've most certainly shifted.

it's an opinion piece and granted, she does a lot of those. but she does a lot of research also. do you have people you follow for just old school style reporting?

IS unmasking bad? Seems there are legitimate reasons for it, as long as it isn’t leaked.

ABC News first reported the news but initially said in the title that Grenell was in the process of trying to declassify the list of Obama officials.

A source with knowledge of the matter told The Daily Wire that the list has already been declassified and now it’s on Attorney General William Barr to release the list.

This is very, very nice news! :thup: :biggrin:

MAY 12TH, 2020

Well done! :clap2:
View attachment 335005
So? Presidents can do whatever they want, remember?

IS unmasking bad? Seems there are legitimate reasons for it, as long as it isn’t leaked.
These dopes don’t even know what unmasking means. But last year the Trumpers unmasked 16,000 times compared to 8,000 during Obama’s last year. It’s a routine procedure, done on average 40 times a day.

Intelligence, which monitors and listens in on Kislyak’s phone, notice many calls - an unusually high number of calls - from an American source. US law doesn’t allow them to identify that person without an unmasking order.

After an election that intel knew was interfered with by the Russians they would be derelict in not unmasking the traitor who had so many phone calls with Russians.

That fucking traitor was Michael Flynn.

Old Yeller laughs because that’s the only thing he can do. He can’t refute my post because he has no knowledge.

These dopes don’t even know what unmasking means. But last year the Trumpers unmasked 16,000 times compared to 8,000 during Obama’s last year. It’s a routine procedure, done on average 40 times a day.

Intelligence, which monitors and listens in on Kislyak’s phone, notice many calls - an unusually high number of calls - from an American source. US law doesn’t allow them to identify that person without an unmasking order.

After an election that intel knew was interfered with by the Russians they would be derelict in not unmasking the traitor who had so many phone calls with Russians.

So it's only bad when Obama does it apparently....

So it's only bad when Obama does it apparently....
Correct. These wingnuts are yelling that they targeted Flynn by unmasking him - they didn’t know it was a Flynn UNTIL they unmasked him. It could have been a Russian spy living as an American on Long Island for all they knew. And if it had been, and US intel didn’t bother finding out who he was? THAT’S a scandal.

What left is trying to say is that Barry's FBI broke rules or policies. That is incorrect, they broke laws.

What left is trying to present is that Barry's administration made "mistakes". That is the flat out lie, they committed crimes.

Forum List

Back