BREAKING : Ryanair sent a Belarusian journalist Raman Pratasevich to certain death

Calls for a probe grow after a plane was diverted over Belarus with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki saying, "we demand an immediate, international, transparent and credible investigation of this incident."

sanction!! oil- gas sanctions on Moscow´s thugs

The 'other' side reacts to US/Nato efforts at starting another full scale Cold War.
Thank dog we have M.A.D. that almost certainly will keep it from becoming hot.

s
Actually no. Right now we don't have MAD. Nuclear war is possible, survivable and even winnable.
What do you consider victory?
In the traditional way. It's when you write terms of the peace treaty (best way - if you do it in the ruins of enemies capital).

The 'other' side reacts to US/Nato efforts at starting another full scale Cold War.
Thank dog we have M.A.D. that almost certainly will keep it from becoming hot.

s
Actually no. Right now we don't have MAD. Nuclear war is possible, survivable and even winnable.
What do you consider victory?
In the traditional way. It's when you write terms of the peace treaty (best way - if you do it in the ruins of enemies capital).
Really?

What is traditional about a nuclear war?

How many dead do you consider acceptable?
Or do you care?

Which American cities do you want to sacrifice for your victory?

Really?

Or do you care?

We found out that as long as it's under a Republican president the acceptable number of dead is at least 500,000.

Calls for a probe grow after a plane was diverted over Belarus with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki saying, "we demand an immediate, international, transparent and credible investigation of this incident."

Democrats are such Democrats... They already forgot how they landed Bolivian jet in Europe.
Do they really want to cancel Chicago Convention?

The proper response is a total airline boycott of Belarus.
I just read on Google News that there IS a total airline boycott of Belarus, in the sense that planes are since yesterday not flying over that country --- they are re-routing, like when they were shooting planes out of the sky in Ukraine. I'm reading that military jets forced the plane down!
It's leading on the news ---- I didn't realize it was such a big deal, but I guess if any nation can force down planes overhead and abduct and kill anyone on board, that could be a problem generally.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
So, is it OK, when the UK lands civilian planes (for example of the same company, and because of the same excuse)?

Hypocrisy is a typical British feature.

They didn't bring that plane down to land over a lie.

England brought it down because of a security problem.

No one was arrested and taken away. Much less an opposition leader.

What England did wasn't the same thing.
There are two different questions. First: is it legal to land a civilian jet?
Answer: Yes, according article 1 of Chicago Convention - it is absolutely legal action.
Second: is it legal to arrest people for calling for civil unrest, for illegal meeting, for treason or whatever else?
Answer: it may be "non-democratical" (only Democrats can arrest their political competitors, we know) but it is internal business of the country.

The proper response is a total airline boycott of Belarus.
I just read on Google News that there IS a total airline boycott of Belarus, in the sense that planes are since yesterday not flying over that country --- they are re-routing, like when they were shooting planes out of the sky in Ukraine. I'm reading that military jets forced the plane down!
It's leading on the news ---- I didn't realize it was such a big deal, but I guess if any nation can force down planes overhead and abduct and kill anyone on board, that could be a problem generally.
Obama landed a Bolivian jet in Europe, and tried to abduct Assange. It was not a problem in 2013, and it is not a problem in 2021.

And yes, all investigations of air incidents in the Belorussian air are the prerogative of Belorussian government.

Really?

Or do you care?

We found out that as long as it's under a Republican president the acceptable number of dead is at least 500,000.
Actually, I believe, that even death of 100 or 200 millions of Americans is more than acceptable number. Who wants to live under Chinese or Russian heel?

Do you want to live like an Uighur in a Chinese "reeducation camp"?
SAVE_20210524_224802.jpg

Last edited:
Russia/China are simply competitors that threaten to cut into US economic fortunes. US aggression has been responsible for roughly 40 wars since the end of WW2.
No, my friend
The issue is not economic fortunes but abuses of human rights in attempting to assassinate or imprison those who speak out against you

A military solution is not always the answer.....an economic solution often is
Lukashenko, as well as Putin, Baiden, Obama or Poroshenko abused human rights. Any government do it.
It is bad, but it is reality.

Obama landed a Bolivian jet in Europe, and tried to abduct Assange. It was not a problem in 2013, and it is not a problem in 2021
That was not as you are trying to imply.
Oh, yes, sorry. It was not Assange, it was Snowden, who was a reason to ground the Bolivian jet.

According to Bolivia, the flight was rerouted to Austria when France, Spain, Portugal and Italy[3] reportedly denied access to their airspace, allegedly due to suspicions that Snowden was on board.[4]

Austria's deputy chancellor, Michael Spindelegger, said that the plane was searched, although the Bolivian Defense Minister denied a search took place, saying Morales had denied entry to his plane.[5][6] The refusals for entry into French, Spanish, and Italian airspace ostensibly for "technical reasons", strongly denounced by Bolivia, Ecuador, and other South American nations, were attributed to rumors disseminated allegedly by the US that Snowden was on board.[7][8] Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs, José García-Margallo, publicly stated that they were told he was on board but did not specify as to who had informed them.[4]

The President of Austria, Heinz Fischer, went to greet President Morales in his plane and shared breakfast with him.[9]

The plane took off again after Austrian officials confirmed that Edward Snowden was not on board.[10]

France apologized for the incident immediately.[11] The Spanish ambassador to Bolivia apologized two weeks later, citing inappropriate procedures.[12] The Italians and Portuguese sent official explanations to the Bolivian Government.[13]

On 3 July, Jen Psaki, spokesperson for the U.S. Department of State, acknowledged that the U.S. had been "in contact with a range of countries across the world who had any chance of having Mr. Snowden land or even transit through their countries".[14][15]

Russia/China are simply competitors that threaten to cut into US economic fortunes. US aggression has been responsible for roughly 40 wars since the end of WW2.
No, my friend
The issue is not economic fortunes but abuses of human rights in attempting to assassinate or imprison those who speak out against you

A military solution is not always the answer.....an economic solution often is
Lukashenko, as well as Putin, Baiden, Obama or Poroshenko abused human rights. Any government do it.
It is bad, but it is reality.
Sorry, not buying your “Obama and Biden are as bad as Putin, Lukashenko and Poroshenko”

Makes you look like a fool

Forum List

Back