Breaking: Retired Marine colonel enters Alabama Senate race, in a blow to Roy Moore

This is an establishment attempt to siphon votes from Roy Moore since the allegations to smear him has failed. This will also fail as smart common sense Alabama citizens can see right through this.

Lee Busby, retired Marine Colonel, just entered the race as an independent.
Things just got real!
Retired Marine colonel to launch Senate write-in campaign in Alabama
get

Retired Marine colonel to launch Senate write-in campaign in Alabama
Source: Washington Post

A retired Marine colonel who once served as a top aide to White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly plans to launch a long shot write-in campaign Monday afternoon to become Alabama’s next senator, with just 15 days left in the campaign.

Lee Busby, 60, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., said he thinks that the allegations of sexual impropriety against Republican nominee Roy Moore have created an opportunity for a centrist candidate to win more than a third of the state’s votes in the Dec. 12 special election.

“I think you can flip this thing. If this were a military operation, the left flank and the right flank are heavily guarded,” Busby said. “I think that gives you an opportunity to run straight up the middle.”

Busby, who was lacking any formal campaign structure or even a working website as of Monday morning, said he is counting on social media to spread the word about his campaign. He said he plans to run as an independent on his record as an investment banker, military leader and defense contractor and entrepreneur. He spent the weekend working on a logo and said he is just starting to explore the legal requirements for raising money for a campaign.

Read more: Retired Marine colonel to launch Senate write-in campaign in Alabama

And Alabamans can’t figure out how to write “Busby”.

He's too late to get on the ballot.
Thus the running as a “Write In”. He won't put a dent in Roy Moore's campaign.

This is an establishment attempt to siphon votes from Roy Moore since the allegations to smear him has failed. This will also fail as smart common sense Alabama citizens can see right through this.

skeert of a little competition ya big pussy ?

Oorah!

When retired Marine Col. Lee Busby read it was too late for a write-in candidate for the Alabama senate race, he said, “Hold my beer, we will just see about that.”

Busby told The Daily Beast on Monday he is launching his long-shot bid to stop Republican nominee Roy Moore from reaching the Senate.

<snip>

Busby said he spent 31 years in the Marine Corps and on his last tour of duty was vice chief of staff to then-Gen. John Kelly, who is now White House chief of staff.

Since retiring, Busby has been the CEO of his own business and worked as a defense consultant and investment banker. At the same time, Busby has been honoring fallen Marines with sculptures like the one he was working on in his garage prior to his Senate announcement.

Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’

Forum List

Back