Brave Democrats call for cease fire in Ukraine

That does not excuse the disastrous way it happened. Nor does it bode well for us to see how our supposed experts handled it. There is no reason to believe that these folks are capable of leading if we find ourselves in trouble.
Joe was the only one who said, get us the hell out and meant it. It worked out pretty well except for a suicide bomber at the airport.

I heard this and thought, Fake News.

Anyone hear of Democrats calling for peace? Maybe we can work together?

No way the war party is shutting down the gravy train after only six months. Biden, Putin, and Zelensky are running the biggest money laundering operation in human history, and they're not giving it up no matter what.

It is still the best shot, unless I was up there myself, and that ain't happening. After 21 years of Combat Arms (specifically Armor) working with NATO, V Corps in Germany, actually seeing POMCUS stock of my unit repositioned, patrolling on the Czech border during the Cold War, you can count me as a security by strength conservative, believing in a strong military and standing guard, projecting strength, not a go along to get along appeaser. Damn, sounds like I am in line with the military industrial complex, but in dealing with Russia, NATO and the security of NATO and European countries, it is the way to go.
Nothing wrong with security. But Ukraine is not NATO. It’s too close to Russia and messing with them invites war with Russia. Only warmongers support this nonsense.

Nothing wrong with security. But Ukraine is not NATO. It’s too close to Russia and messing with them invites war with Russia. Only warmongers support this nonsense.
I think, as an American that supports liberty and freedom from military oppression of a stronger neighbor country, for a country that has shook off the historic controls of an oppressor nation, we owe our support, though not our troops. If they can win and maintain their independence, they have my respect. Freedom from that kind of oppression cannot be given, it must be earned by their commitment to their own destiny.

I trust him to listen to the joint chiefs, and our intelligence services, as far as our security. When Russia came over the boarder to take more territory, he made the right decision to back Ukraine vying to maintain it's independence, as there is no telling what area or country (former Soviet block or not) they would want to move to next. I think Putin made a huge mistake doing, thinking NATO countries would not support Ukraine with resources to protect itself, as the next territory, state or country might be closer to NATO or part of European Union. Now you see other countries that see what Russia is doing, though previously not NATO countries, applying for NATO membership to insure their own freedom from Russian aggression.
Back in my Dad's day, we sat on our hands while European countries were facing aggression by the NAZIS. We don't want to have to fight our way back on to that continent, when we could have supported the first country to be attacked, united NATO against the thread and avoided the broader war that would kill millions.
Europe at that time had very little defense. Even with the extreme feminist rulers and immigration destroying them destroying them today they have a strong military.

I think, as an American that supports liberty and freedom from military oppression of a stronger neighbor country, for a country that has shook off the historic controls of an oppressor nation, we owe our support, though not our troops. If they can win and maintain their independence, they have my respect. Freedom from that kind of oppression cannot be given, it must be earned by their commitment to their own destiny.
Except the Ukrainians are no better than the Russians. It was a coup to overthrow a democratically elected leader that started this. Ukraine has assassinated the daughter of a critic, a civilian. They target civilians daily, and have for the last eight years. They have neo-nazi units incorporated into their national military. Supporting trash has never worked out well for us. Bin Laden ring a bell? Supporting Ukraine diminishes the US as a nation, it's disgraceful.

^^ total line of bullshit. Our Deep State could care less about the “freedom” of Ukrainians. The Ukrainian government itself oppresses political opposition, it’s just as corrupt as Russia’s “democracy”. The US meddled in Ukraine’s affairs and supported a coup to overthrow an actual democratically elected president. Our Deep State Establishment loves installing puppet regimes it thinks it can control.

The Ukraine conflict is a civil war at its heart, but the US is using it to start a proxy war with Russia.

^^ total line of bullshit. Our Deep State could care less about the “freedom” of Ukrainians. The Ukrainian government itself oppresses political opposition, it’s just as corrupt as Russia’s “democracy”. The US meddled in Ukraine’s affairs and supported a coup to overthrow an actual democratically elected president. Our Deep State Establishment loves installing puppet regimes it thinks it can control.

The Ukraine conflict is a civil war at its heart, but the US is using it to start a proxy war with Russia.
That's alright. I could care less about the deep state. I never saw a government that did not in someway oppress political opposition, including the ones of this country for the entire century, so far, but we thrive anyway or at least I do. BS. Ukraine is not a puppet of the US. They just refuse to be a puppet of Putin.

I heard this and thought, Fake News.

Anyone hear of Democrats calling for peace? Maybe we can work together?
Peacemakers (including a few Democrats) are calling for western leaders to stop preventing the possibility of ending the conflict in Ukraine before it's too late:

OCTOBER 27, 2022

The West Must Stop Blocking Negotiations Between Ukraine and Russia

BY VIJAY PRASHAD

"Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022.

"This war has been horrendous, though it does not compare with the terrible destruction wrought by the U.S. bombardment of Iraq ('shock and awe') in 2003.

"In the Gomel region of Belarus that borders Ukraine, Russian and Ukrainian diplomats met on February 28 to begin negotiations toward a ceasefire.

"These talks fell apart.

"Then, in early March, the two sides met again in Belarus to hold a second and third round of talks.

"On March 10, the foreign ministers of Ukraine and Russia met in Antalya, Türkiye, and finally, at the end of March, senior officials from Ukraine and Russia met in Istanbul, Türkiye, thanks to the initiative of Türkiye’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

"On March 29, Türkiye’s Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said, 'We are pleased to see that the rapprochement between the parties has increased at every stage. Consensus and common understanding were reached on some issues.'

"By April, an agreement regarding a tentative interim deal was reached between Russia and Ukraine, according to an article in Foreign Affairs.

"In early April, Russian forces began to withdraw from Ukraine’s northern Chernihiv Oblast, which meant that Russia halted military operations around Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital..."

On April 9th, BoJo arrived in Kiev with two messages for Zelensky. Stop negotiating with Putin and increase the pressure, and if Ukraine signed any agreements with Russia, the west would not respect them.

A few weeks later, Anthony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin visited Kiev and confirmed the threats...

"Austin spoke at a news conference at an undisclosed location in Poland and said, “We want to see Russia weakened.'

"There is no direct evidence that Johnson, Blinken, and Austin directly pressured Zelenskyy to withdraw from the interim negotiations, but there is sufficient circumstantial evidence to suggest that this was the case."

^^ and there we have it. You trust him to do whatever the warmongers and military industrial complex want. The same people that lied about WMD in Iraq, the same people that said the Taliban wouldn’t take over Afghanistan right after we pulled out, the same people that lied about “Russian bounties”.
At least many in Europe are demonstrating against this provoked proxy war. Apparently Americans are too dumb.

That's alright. I could care less about the deep state. I never saw a government that did not in someway oppress political opposition, including the ones of this country for the entire century, so far, but we thrive anyway or at least I do. BS. Ukraine is not a puppet of the US. They just refuse to be a puppet of Putin.
You got yours so nothing else matters. Right?

You got yours so nothing else matters. Right?
I support US/NATO policy of material support to Ukraine, to let them make their own decisions.
It is fall. I think I will go blow some more leaves. You? You can blow it out your ass.:auiqs.jpg:

I support US/NATO policy of material support to Ukraine, to let them make their own decisions.
It is fall. I think I will go blow some more leaves. You? You can blow it out your ass.:auiqs.jpg:
Lol. You support war. I support peace. We couldn’t be more different.

The absolute worse thing any nation can do is war. No exceptions. Time to outlaw war. All it does is kill and destroy while enriching and empowering the oligarchy.

Lol. You support war. I support peace. We couldn’t be more different.

The absolute worse thing any nation can do is war. No exceptions. Time to outlaw war. All it does is kill and destroy while enriching and empowering the oligarchy.
Here ya, go man. I got your song cued up for ya.

Forum List

Back